Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Also noise getting louder that Morts maybe at the Dogs next year.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

This thread is off to a great start with names like Burgess and GI being thrown around!!!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Also noise getting louder that Morts maybe at the Dogs next year.
    He seems a great bloke and a better club man but I wouldn't blame him if he leaves. We have a few hooking options now as well as three blokes who would be ahead of him for a halves spot. No great loss from a playing point of view I reckon.

Seriously, we should go after Burgess with everything we have. Likely going to Souths but we should at least try.

As much as it'd be a bonus to jag Burgess, I'm kinda tired of that routine of throwing the cheque book at big names, only to see them them turn into bigger flops when they run onto the paddock for us.

Also, I tend to think he'd be too entrenched to even consider anyone else bar the Bunnies. I'm sure he's in love with the idea of RC being his stepdad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...edium=Facebook

Supposedly Dylan Walker and McQueen could be forced out of Souths so that they can get Burgess. They could be exactly the two players we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post

Supposedly Dylan Walker and McQueen could be forced out of Souths so that they can get Burgess. They could be exactly the two players we need.

Agree mate. These two players would be great additions to the club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post

Certainly agree re Walker but not so sure about McQueen as I thought he was poor for Souths this year. Perhaps it was just the premiers hangover or maybe he is stale and needs a change. Put his 2015 season aside and I would have taken him but not so keen now.

Would love to see both here but I don't see Walker coming to us. Sounds like McQueen could be interested though and I'd definitely want him to sign with us. Decent backrower (which we are in need of desperately) and would be a great buy. Hope it happens.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'd be happy to see McQueen play for the Titans. I think it'd be the change he needs to really stand up and play like we know he can. Him feeding the ball to Roberts would be spectacular and defensively would be what we need playing next to him as well. As for Walker, we just cleared our ranks of alleged drug users and headliners and I don't think the club will go down the line of taking up other clubs disgraces.

Burgess isn't even realistically worth talking about in a Titans forum.

Morts going to the Dogs a year early will hurt us more than benefit us. He is just starting to hit the peak of his ability for us and I doubt Moseley will last the year without injury which leaves us with Srama (assuming Friend is starting hooker and the others are off the bench). The only benefit with Srama is that he will play his heart out to try and secure a contract elsewhere for 2017.

i am not sure you could have 2 high cost centres and still field a good team across the board.

one strike centre and one solid or development player is a better balance. If we could have walker, it would only be until LG and Ash Taylor start getting their contracts upgraded to above average first graders.

cowboys just won a premiership with no strike centres really. just solid guys who runs great lines and play the team game.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i am not sure you could have 2 high cost centres and still field a good team across the board.

one strike centre and one solid or development player is a better balance. If we could have walker, it would only be until LG and Ash Taylor start getting their contracts upgraded to above average first graders.

cowboys just won a premiership with no strike centres really. just solid guys who runs great lines and play the team game.
    If KG retires a year early and Rabbits are paying some of his fee we could afford both. From previous reports KG and Roberts are on the same coin.

- - - Updated - - -

On another topic, has anyone seen the alleged news on Taupau?

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/martin-taupau-move-from-tigers-to-manly-leaked-in-email-mix-up/story-fni3fbgz-1227587791326?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=TelegraphSport&utm_medium=Facebook

Well November 1st is 2 days away......how many off contract end of 2016 Titans players will field calls from rival clubs (or have their Managers throw out feelers)...I know one who is interested to know what he is worth.

Another interesting read...especially regarding nearly signing Tim Grant.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227587965471

Please not Tim Grant, he is behind what is needed for today's game..........Panthers and Rabbits both realise this