Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 139 140 141 142 143
Results 2,131 to 2,138 of 2138

This from the NZ Herald (off the LU site) about Hurrell. He would be close to getting the punt now I would say, but do we really want him as he seems to be trouble. Mind you he is a centre and we have none.

"An ill-timed social media post by out-of-favour Warriors centre Konrad Hurrell has added fuel to speculation coach Andrew McFadden has lost the support of his players.

Hurrell is one of six players reprimanded by McFadden after enjoying a late night out in Auckland on Tuesday following Monday's 42-0 Anzac Day defeat to Melbourne.

Veteran players Manu Vatuvei, Ben Matulino and Bodene Thompson, and young front-rowers Sam Lisone and Albert Vete, were all dropped from the side named to play St George Illawarra on Sunday.

Hurrell, who has spent the last two weeks in reserve grade, was also out with the group on Tuesday night and was subsequently excluded from selection for Sunday's game.

The incident, together with the team's inconsistent performances, fuel the public's perception the players don't respect McFadden, who is under huge pressure after achieving three wins in their last 16 games.

Hurrell added weight to that perception today when he retweeted a post saying: "Six Warriors do no show to review hui. Id say that's a review of the coach in itself #faithgone #tautokotheboys @konmanhurrell @ManuVatuvei"

The post was quickly removed from Hurrell's account"

At least we won't be kept guessing how he feels about Henry or the team if he ends up here. He seems a bit loose which is interesting considering how much of a clean out we have had to keep the rabble out but desperate times call for desperate measures. Notwithstanding the probability that he's pretty peed off about being kept in the lower grades this year ever since he was linked to us so a bit of bad blood is to be expected.

I don't think Hurrell would be good for us, he seems to have zero professionalism, and is too hot and cold on the field.
    His only real drawcard is as a cult figure, not dissimilar to Paasi, but at least Paasi can hold a spot in the 17...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Agreed Geeman, we don't need his attitude. Overrated wannabe

- - - Updated - - -

Who the hell would want to coach the Warriors? Their history is littered with player power burning coaches purely because they don't like receiving home truths on their form and effort.

QLD Cup

will be very disappointed if we get Hurrell after cleaning out dead wood and overrated players.

I'm kinda torn on Hurrell. If he could find that form he had in 2012/2013 then he'd be a great signing. On the other hand he could be an absolute dud signing that could further hurt the clubs image.

I'm hoping he can 'do a Paasi' and kill it. The history of the Titans turning careers around is decent and maybe Hurrell could be another one of those guys given the opportunity?.

Not to mention he could help bring in some of the Kiwi supporters on the GC that so often dwarf the Titan fans when the Warriors go over.

I'm also concerned that if we have Hurrell here then maybe someone like GL will look elsewhere? I'm probably completely overreacting.

If we signed him relatively cheap and on a short deal (no longer than two years) I wouldn't be too opposed to it just as long as the Titans lock up GL, TRD, Davis etc

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eahtAjxQduk
    Last edited by TitanSam; 29-04-16 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I'm kinda torn on Hurrell. If he could find that form he had in 2012/2013
    That was 3-4 years ago and he hasn't shown at all that he still has that form in him. He should never be mentioned as an option here again.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    That was 3-4 years ago and he hasn't shown at all that he still has that form in him. He should never be mentioned as an option here again.
    he's probably mentioned here because there have been many reports linking the Titans to him?.