Page 14 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I know where are coming from HS however when people are quoted it usually gives the story more credibility.

Most of us don't know what goes on behind the scenes however the final proof of things is who we actually sign. At the moment as things stand our recruitment for next season is very poor in my opinion when compared to what other clubs seem to be doing. Other clubs have been out there aggressively in the market for a while and we seem to be sitting on our hands.
    Yeah I hear ya and I know the purpose of a quote. I also know how coaches, managers and club recruitment staff tend to tip-toe around anything recruitment related when it comes to the media.

We were formerly overly-transparent when it came to our recruitment and that didn't work in our favour (Jamie Lyon the best example). Now we've gone the opposite way. The Rabbitohs refuse to even comment on recruitment at all - I'd hate to see how some of you responded to their media presence if you were their supporters .

What happened with Jamie Lyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yeah I hear ya and I know the purpose of a quote. I also know how coaches, managers and club recruitment staff tend to tip-toe around anything recruitment related when it comes to the media.

We were formerly overly-transparent when it came to our recruitment and that didn't work in our favour (Jamie Lyon the best example). Now we've gone the opposite way. The Rabbitohs refuse to even comment on recruitment at all - I'd hate to see how some of you responded to their media presence if you were their supporters .
    I'd be stoked cause we would have just signed Sam Burgess.

But sweriously sometimes I see nothing going on in this thread and wonder if our next announcement will be Todd Lowrie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

But sweriously sometimes I see nothing going on in this thread and wonder if our next announcement will be Todd Lowrie.
    Haha nah the next announcement will be 'Titans sign Willie Mason' . King will say how he gives us more experience in the front-row but we have to lose Nathaniel Peteru, Oshae Tuiasau and Agnatius Paasi in order to accomodate the Big Willie but good news is that we 'might' chase Tim Grant.

Mark Ioane signed with the London Broncos.

The merry-go-round goes round ... Ioane was never more than a pop-gun prop.

I am happy enough with our squad and am more worried about adding deadwood to it than whether we can sign a cast-off 'marquee' player who by the nature of being cast-off won't really be a marquee player. 2017 beckons as our watershed year and we should focus on what we've got and what we can develop internally for 2016, Te'o being the only exception. Walker seems to be going to Manly in 2017 so he won't be coming here for a year.

Our current team will include Zillman in there somewhere, probably at the expense of Don, with Hoffman doing the interchange centre thing and Macdonald on the left wing. Our forwards look capable and we have to go with T. Roberts as Taylor hasn't even got a one-hinded grip on the ladder.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Mark Ioane signed with the London Broncos.
    mid season transfer to dragons last year? wasnt a titan anyway

the Newcastle Knights under 20's coach?

- - - Updated - - -

agree mate. Henry would have to answer questions about every single person that is even rumoured to be available. and he gives a nice-ish polite 'we would have a look at them' reply. for all we know we tried or asked the manager and the players wanted to stay in sydney but that isn't really Neil's right to answer on behalf of some random players desires to stay in sydney.

also...we all know grevsmuhl signing is for 2017 not next year don't we? or did i read it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    mid season transfer to dragons last year? wasnt a titan anyway
    Yeah I know, but he used to be so I threw it out there. Just as a bit of real news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    the Newcastle Knights under 20's coach?

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah he has retired after signing a contract with the Knights and will stay on to coach the U20's. That was kind of my point about the type of signings.

And yes, Grevsmuhl goes to the Pennies in 2017.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 09-11-15 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah I see exactly what you mean in that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. However, I must ask what major signings have we made lately? Not much happening on the scene either it seems. Hoping we can score a big signing though for next year. We have the most cash to spend and still can't beat Manly for Walker's signature (unless it was due to him wanting to stay in Sydney).

I think it's just me being impatient haha I hate waiting and waiting. Just gets annoying when the only signings we are making are unknown U20s players. Happy to wait and see what the club does though.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Yeah I see exactly what you mean in that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. However, I must ask what major signings have we made lately? Not much happening on the scene either it seems. Hoping we can score a big signing though for next year. We have the most cash to spend and still can't beat Manly for Walker's signature (unless it was due to him wanting to stay in Sydney).

I think it's just me being impatient haha I hate waiting and waiting. Just gets annoying when the only signings we are making are unknown U20s players. Happy to wait and see what the club does though.
    We made a major signing of a guy called DCE until that went haywire, and then we weren't in a position to immediately sign anyone else as we had to entirely re-evaluate 4.8mil of our roster spread over the next 4 years in a different direction than we had previously. And regarding Walker - good luck getting 21 year old lad who has the NRL world at his feet, out of his home city when all he is giving up is a little bit of coin. I keep seeing you saying that we have "more cash" or a "warchest". Yes, we do, but we also have the most complex contract registration system in the NRL, one of the least appealing rosters in the NRL, and the worst facilities in the NRL. You're gonna have to be patient until we get all of that in order before we can expect to attract big names and I'd rather be in that position than the position of paying overs for players. There are bigger issues at hand.

And if Ash Taylor is an unknown 20's player then I don't really know how to respond. Literally was voted the best player in the comp. Morgan Boyle is the only other U20's player that you wouldn't be aware of? Feel free to ask me or mdrew or RGC if you have any questions on 20's players. Few others here are pretty clued up as well.

Anyway I'm a bit over having this debate. Some of us are happy to be patient, some want immediate results, and that's cool. It's contrasting opinions that make this forum keep going

Panthers are building a superb young roster. Grevs running lines off Te Maire Martin will be unreal.

Panthers are building a superb young roster. Grevs running lines off Te Maire Martin will be unreal.
    And here I thought they would stick with Wallace and Soward!!!

As for being patient, tick tock....for whatever goes on behind the scenes and all the other answers I get I'm just the fan that doesn't care about that, I just want the end result of a signing that I can say "hell yeah". Thought I had it when we snared Elgey, now we find out the 2nd year is in his favour so we are going to need to up our already inflated offer thanks to Manly meddling. That sort of mischief needs to handed back in spades but it seems that the top clubs can get deals done before others even know whats going on. Nice guys finish last and we are proof of that.

If we are so unattractive a club to come too then you need to wonder what our current roster is saying about their own club.

Our current squad is saying that they have a guaranteed NRL start where they mightn't have that elsewhere ... I totally agree that we need to get tough and keep players but in our parlous state that's a real big ask. We can thank Searle, Cartwright, the drug morons, DCE and pathetic efforts like those from Myles for most of our woes which have left us with no facilities, no money, no independent owners, no marquee players, a limited roster, a frustrated management group and a dwindling fan base.

The only way is up now and that will take time. I do point out, however, that we are better off than at this time last year and that's what we need to take on board and keep putting in the hard yards. Courage lads because we need it and each other.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

https://twitter.com/travismeyn/statu...03002806218752
    Shannon Walker is training for a contract with us. Thoughts?