Page 139 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2138

Gillett is looking at staying at the Broncos for much less than his market value, which hopefully sends up some red flags for the auditors. And the latest rumour surrounding Coote is a 4 year deal with the tri colours to partner Pearce in the halfs.

As for paying overs for Norman, it's harder and harder to gauge a players worth nowadays. I guess it comes down to what the club needs. When you have players like Fifita, Tamou and Watmough on $750-800K but then players like JT and Slater or Cam smith or for that matter DCE and Foran on over a million I wouldn't think that a pay packet of $750K a year wouldn't be achievable for Norman. Adding to that is Mbye asking $800K. Hopefully he doesn't prove his worth this week.

Source is RLW. Not disappointed we missed him after his form this year.....

THE DRAGONS have announced the immediate release of Peter Mata’utia.

The outside back, who is off-contract at the end of the 2017 season, submitted a request for a release on Tuesday afternoon to reportedly re-join the Newcastle Knights.

The Dragons agreed to the release on Wednesday morning.

“Peter has requested an early release from his present contract which has been granted to take up another opportunity,” director of rugby league pathways Ian Millward said.

“We wish him the very best for his future and thank him for his contributions to our club.”

Mata’utia had been chased aggressively by the Gold Coast Titans at the start of the year but has opted to join his three brothers at the Knights.

The 25-year-old had played five games for the Dragons this season but lost his place in the side to Kalifa Faifai Loa in the win over the Titans last week.

He registered 35 appearances for the Red V in since 2014.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Source is RLW. Not disappointed we missed him after his form this year.....

THE DRAGONS have announced the immediate release of Peter Mata’utia.

The outside back, who is off-contract at the end of the 2017 season, submitted a request for a release on Tuesday afternoon to reportedly re-join the Newcastle Knights.

The Dragons agreed to the release on Wednesday morning.

“Peter has requested an early release from his present contract which has been granted to take up another opportunity,” director of rugby league pathways Ian Millward said.

“We wish him the very best for his future and thank him for his contributions to our club.”

Mata’utia had been chased aggressively by the Gold Coast Titans at the start of the year but has opted to join his three brothers at the Knights.

The 25-year-old had played five games for the Dragons this season but lost his place in the side to Kalifa Faifai Loa in the win over the Titans last week.

He registered 35 appearances for the Red V in since 2014.
    Now that the season has began the decisions we made not to pay overs and pick up whoever was on the market to get a average back seems to of paid off. Kudos to titans recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Now that the season has began the decisions we made not to pay overs and pick up whoever was on the market to get a average back seems to of paid off. Kudos to titans recruitment
    You're right to a certain extent but only if we pick some quality at a realistic price. Otherwise, we are just short on depth with money we can't use. Sure, I know that money saved is better than money wasted but reality seems to be that we can't attract the talent that we need. Mind you, running out of a tin shed probably doesn't help.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    You're right to a certain extent but only if we pick some quality at a realistic price. Otherwise, we are just short on depth with money we can't use. Sure, I know that money saved is better than money wasted but reality seems to be that we can't attract the talent that we need. Mind you, running out of a tin shed probably doesn't help.
    Yeah surely with Canarvan, our new facility, 2 young halves who look future world beaters, new sponsors and a solid forward pack we have to start looking more attractive than we did 12 months ago. We have an above average season and continue to get our off field issues sorted im sure we will pick up a decent spine without paying a kings ransom. At least we seem to be retaining some good juniors so we arent buying 3/4 of a team every 5 years.

Junior

In today's rugby league week the mole reckon Koni Hurrell will be with us by June 30

I wonder if he plays hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    In today's rugby league week the mole reckon Koni Hurrell will be with us by June 30
    He can't get a game in the centres for the Warriors and they are not playing well at the moment. He has got time off the bench as a forward....... I don't see what he offers that we don't already have.

We have the pits of centres in Hoffman, I feel like any signing for us can only be better.

I would still love to see Hurrell here, he might not be in good form but when he is playing like this I guarantee you he becomes a lot cheaper value. As soon as he starts killing a couple games that when clubs start paying overs $$$. I welcome Hurrelcane here

QLD Cup

Hurrell will be a stop gap for this season inhibiting the development of our juniors.

I was keen on Hurrell 12-18 months ago, but as someone pointed out at the time he was pretty hot 'n cold back then, which I tend to believe is still the case today. So I'm pretty well in ozy 'n TB's camp nowadays.

From what I've gathered we've got some potential Centre's coming up through the ranks in the next year or two, maybe we might have to persevere with Hoffman for the remainder of the year, or until we trial some of the young guns.

From Tripple M.

Maybe Titans to look at Segerao

Sever Segeyaro
    Should Penrith not offer an extension, look for the Titans and Dragons to enter the equation.
    Tags: James Segeyaro, Peter Wallace, The 7th Tackle

James Segeyaro Photo: Getty Images

When the Panthers appointed Anthony Griffin as coach last October, there were immediate fears for the playing future of former captain Peter Wallace. How quickly things can change.

Shown the door by Griffin at the Broncos, Wallace is firmly back in favour after his impressive adaption to the No. 9 jersey.

It now seems a certainty that Wallace’s career will be extended another season thanks to his new-found utility value.

peter wallace

Peter Wallace Photo: Getty Images

But with current halves Jamie Soward and Te Maire Martin on the books, not to mention ongoing talks with Eels five eighth Corey Norman, where does that leave off-contract rake James Segeyaro?

It would appear Segeyaro’s fortunes have nosedived in comparison to those of Wallace. The Kumul hooker was hoping to make his comeback from a broken arm on Monday night against the Roosters, only for Griffin to tell him to wait another week.

He’s now been kept on ice again for Sunday’s big clash against the Sharks, with Wallace to start at hooker again.

To say Segeyaro is mystified would be an understatement. It doesn’t auger well for his future at the foot of the mountains.

Should Penrith not offer an extension, look for the Titans and Dragons to enter the equation.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    From Tripple M.

Maybe Titans to look at Segerao

Sever Segeyaro
    Tags: James Segeyaro, Peter Wallace, The 7th Tackle

James Segeyaro Photo: Getty Images

When the Panthers appointed Anthony Griffin as coach last October, there were immediate fears for the playing future of former captain Peter Wallace. How quickly things can change.

Shown the door by Griffin at the Broncos, Wallace is firmly back in favour after his impressive adaption to the No. 9 jersey.

It now seems a certainty that Wallace’s career will be extended another season thanks to his new-found utility value.

peter wallace

Peter Wallace Photo: Getty Images

But with current halves Jamie Soward and Te Maire Martin on the books, not to mention ongoing talks with Eels five eighth Corey Norman, where does that leave off-contract rake James Segeyaro?

It would appear Segeyaro’s fortunes have nosedived in comparison to those of Wallace. The Kumul hooker was hoping to make his comeback from a broken arm on Monday night against the Roosters, only for Griffin to tell him to wait another week.

He’s now been kept on ice again for Sunday’s big clash against the Sharks, with Wallace to start at hooker again.

To say Segeyaro is mystified would be an understatement. It doesn’t auger well for his future at the foot of the mountains.

God please!

First Priorities: Fullback & Hooker

Second Priorities: Centre

Third Priorities: Prop

Throw the cash at Segy & Norman. They're best mates. Looks like a decent Spine.

1. Norman
    6. Taylor
    7. Elgey
    9. Segeyaro
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Norman back to FB? I doubt he even wants to play that position anymore.

Zillman ppl zillman, once he's gone u can talk all you want about fbs
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]