Page 11 of 143 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Well Burgess coming back is certainly going to throw some players into the open market. Rumour mill will be running rampant The next few days.

Agree JunctionBlock Burgess returning could work in the titans favour, Teo wont be going there now, Mcqueen an option

I would take Mcqueen and walker in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    I would take Mcqueen and walker in a heartbeat
    Yep I would expect a few dominos to start falling now. If we get nothing I will be throwing my toys out of the cot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yep I would expect a few dominos to start falling now. If we get nothing I will be throwing my toys out of the cot.
    I can agree with you on that one, mate. I'll be scratching my head too.

Sam Burgess comeback has Titans eyeing off Rabbitohs stars Dylan Walker, Chris McQueen

GOLD Coast are preparing to make a play for Dylan Walker should South Sydney squeeze the star centre out in a bid to free-up space in their salary cap.

Walker’s future at Souths is in doubt after the international was issued a show-cause notice by the club relating to his prescription drug overdose with teammate Aaron Gray in September.

To further muddy the waters, the Rabbitohs will need to free-up some cash after luring Sam Burgess back on a three-year-deal, cutting short his stint in English rugby.

Titans coach Neil Henry is willing to explore the possibility of signing Walker and securing what’s believed to be the future NSW State of Origin centre combination, with James Roberts already signed until the end of 2017.

Henry admitted the thought of Roberts and Walker as his centre pairing would be a lethal asset for the Titans.

“We’d certainly be happy to talk to him,” Henry told foxsports.com.au.

“He’s a kid who’s just turned 21 – he’s played 60 odd NRL games.

“He’s certainly git a bright future and there’s certainly been a bit of fallout in what happened. There will be a bit of education about lifestyle choices but he’s not alone there.

“He could be a good fit with Walker on one side and James Roberts on another would give a bit of strike.

“I would imagine there would be a few clubs if he became available.

“I’m not sure if he has family this way – you have to look at a whole range of reasons for moving north but we’d entertain him that’s for sure.”

While the 21-year-old already has a host of suitors lining up for his signature, including Parramatta, the Titans have plenty of cash to play with.

The versatile 28-year-old is another player Henry will be closely monitoring the movements of.

“We’d certainly be interested,” Henry said,

“I haven’t had any contact with (McQueen’s) manager, not to say there won’t be but I haven’t looked at it.

“There’s a bit of speculation about supposedly players being squeezed but that hasn’t been common knowledge, something where he’s been offered to this club.

“Whether they’re sorting through their cap and what they’re trying to do. To me it looks like there’s going to be a bit of late movement.

“McQueen is an accomplished player and someone we would look at.”

Henry revealed he has five spots unfilled on his roster for 2016 with the retirement of flyer Kevin Gordon freeing up a place in the outside backs.

Ideally Henry is looking for “a bit of depth in our front row”, back row and an outside back which would be made up of “top tier and second tier players”.

Henry said David Mead, Anthony Don and Nene MacDonald, Nathan Davis, Leva Li and Brian Kelly are all competing for the vacant centre position.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227598360472
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Im with you MT! Surely we have to be a certainty to sign these 2. Would give us a very rounded team across the board and dare I say competitive next season. Given our 'warchest' if we cant get this deal done I would be worried

Please lord give us McQueen or Teo, and throw in Dylan Walker....just not that plodder Grant

"Henry revealed he has five spots unfilled on his roster for 2016 with the retirement of flyer Kevin Gordon freeing up a place in the outside backs"

The above quote for the article above now interests me. There was talk of 2-3 now 5 with Gordon's retirement.

Agree with MT if we don't at least sign someone good out of this I'll be sure to be asking questions. If we were to get Walker as well I would be confident that Titans finish just outside the 8 or in it.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    "Henry revealed he has five spots unfilled on his roster for 2016 with the retirement of flyer Kevin Gordon freeing up a place in the outside backs"

The above quote for the article above now interests me. There was talk of 2-3 now 5 with Gordon's retirement.

Agree with MT if we don't at least sign someone good out of this I'll be sure to be asking questions. If we were to get Walker as well I would be confident that Titans finish just outside the 8 or in it.
    My understanding is that it was an additional 2 or 3 within the top 25 before Gordon's departure. Now it's 5 within the entire roster.

Will be good to see what happens

McQueen-Yes please
    Walker-Yes please (as long as our juniors would be keen to stay)
    Grant-hell NO. We got rid of Myles and White no more plodders. Our Front row depth is fine and I rate guys like Peteru coming up

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Grant-hell NO. We got rid of Myles and White no more plodders. Our Front row depth is fine and I rate guys like Peteru coming up
    Grant is no plodder, but i still don't want him either.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

The last good game McQueen played was in 2013, and even though Walker is the best young centre in the game he's obviously got problems
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    My understanding is that it was an additional 2 or 3 within the top 25 before Gordon's departure. Now it's 5 within the entire roster.

Will be good to see what happens
    Agree. Interesting to see how it all plays out. I am guilty of being critical of Titans not filling the squad , however there seems to be some method to Henry's madness.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Tony Webeck ‏@TonyWebeck 2h
    The speculation can end now; Chris McQueen will NOT be at the Titans in 2016.

That Sucks
    Last edited by IpswichTitans; 06-11-15 at 04:37 PM.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru