Page 103 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2138

I agree with Teke. if the kid can play, let him play. He's already a better player then Zillman. I Know who i'd rather have in my team.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    I agree with Teke. if the kid can play, let him play. He's already a better player then Zillman. I Know who i'd rather have in my team.
    Your talking from a physicality perspective?

Yes. I understand it is going to take him time to mentally get into the game, but that can only come with higher grade games then U20s. give him some trials and if he and BK do well give them a starting spot/bench spot.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    Yes. I understand it is going to take him time to mentally get into the game, but that can only come with higher grade games then U20s. give him some trials and if he and BK do well give them a starting spot/bench spot.
    as i had said in earlier posts. yes play him in trials, yes start him out in 20s before progressing to qcup. then first grade. Everyone needs to remember he is still a kid, doesn't matter how physically ready he is. Talent is one thing, developing and nurturing that talent is another.

Everyone is excited to see these young kids who performed well, and rightly so. But duty of care to a player is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Bull$hit, dont agree with this at all. We are entitled to our opinions. I respect yours but dont agree
    settle down, I was quoting Jack Gibson.

He always used that saying and it's true.

If he ticks all the correct boxes then let him play, I don't care either way
    Last edited by teke; 08-02-16 at 02:25 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gibson said it, Lewis and so many others have proved it ... I'd rather have him mentored into the NRL than being belted around in QCup. Men are men in both and in our club's history the NRL has been used in desperation (Rankin, etc) rather than in a planned development sense. Give him his shot over a season or two with coaching and without too much expectation ... other clubs do.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

One thing that is for sure is that if we played all our kids in the 20's instead of QCUP or FG we would probably win it. (20's)
    They beat Tweed on Saturday, so things are looking really good for them to make the 8 in 2016.

apparently according to nrl.com mqueen possible playing center

hope not cause back row was looking good-- i think just give Brian or Greg a shot--- Greg was great or shannon might impress in trials
    Last edited by Manzo; 08-02-16 at 07:15 PM.

Id rather a backline of
    1. Mead/zillman
    2.zillman/ walker/ GL, BK, ?)
    3. Nene
    4. Hoff
    5. Don

i think McQueen looks super lean and could be decent there. and if Zeb is going well, it might be a way of not leaving a good forward out of the team.

Not saying its my first preference, i actually don't want to see it happen, but it does have some positives to it.

We shouldn't be considering Zillman at fullback or centre and at best back-up wing if desperate ... can't pass and his positional play in defence is woeful.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-02-16 at 08:06 PM.

1. Mead
    2. Don/GL/BK
    3. Nene
    4. McQueen
    5. Hoffman
    6. Ash
    7. Tyrone
    8. Douglas
    9. Friend
    10. Shillo
    11. Paasi
    12. James
    13. Bird

14. Eddy
    15. Taia
    16. Peteru
    17. Moseley

I'd be okay with this

Shillington on the bench rotation, James to start up front, Taia in the back row. Henry will never start Hoffman on the wing so Mead will be one and of those three TS GL should get the nod.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

lol you obviously do care or you wouldn't be getting your knickers in a twist. and i agree with you if he ticks all the boxes in terms of everything both on and off the field, physically and mentality then let him rip.