Page 102 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Shannon Walker didn't play in the 9s today. Does anyone know why that was? I also noticed Don didn't participate in the Semi against NZ. Anyone have any info on that too?
    Was very encouraging weekend, Srama and Mortimer were terrible but everyone else gave us great reason to feel encouraged, especially all the young players.
    Shannon had a tight hamstring after the first game so they didn't risk him. And Don had a slight injury after the Manly game.

- - - Updated - - -

Paasi and McQueen named in team of the tournament. Great for us.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

mqueen has great speed for a guy of that size

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Shannon Walker didn't play in the 9s today. Does anyone know why that was? I also noticed Don didn't participate in the Semi against NZ. Anyone have any info on that too?
    Was very encouraging weekend, Srama and Mortimer were terrible but everyone else gave us great reason to feel encouraged, especially all the young players.
    Shannon Walker got shown up by both Brian Kelly and GL this weekend. I hope he puts in a few solid performances in the trials, but at this stage I would be entirely comfortable having the two young guns be ahead of him on the depth chart.

I cannot believe Henry is persisting with the Mortimer project. That he captained the team was an absolute joke.. The thought of him getting picked ahead of Moseley for rd 1 is less funny.

As for potential signings.. I really like the look of Joseph manu at the roosters. We should test those waters

What happened to the Lloyd Perrett talk. Has gone awfully quiet. Interestingly wasnt in the Bulldigs 9s squad after playing last year.

GL certainly impressed and improved every game until the final when i think he was trying to hard and over cooked a few things. still awesome that he was giving it such a dig and was confident to do so. He also seems physically more ready than i thought, and would have no qualms if he had to do some learning on the fly playing wing in the NRL side.

as for BK, i didnt see much of him at all - not enough to say he was better than walker or he is ahead. but i dont profess to have caught every single minute of play so he could have done some great things i missed.

Davis also improved every game in my opinion and by the last game , despite being a little lumbering, he has skill, awareness, crazy kicking ability and deserves time to develop. I hope he speaks to Iggy about how knuckling down and working hard can pay off. would be good to see him come along.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    GL certainly impressed and improved every game until the final when i think he was trying to hard and over cooked a few things. still awesome that he was giving it such a dig and was confident to do so. He also seems physically more ready than i thought, and would have no qualms if he had to do some learning on the fly playing wing in the NRL side.

as for BK, i didnt see much of him at all - not enough to say he was better than walker or he is ahead. but i dont profess to have caught every single minute of play so he could have done some great things i missed.

Davis also improved every game in my opinion and by the last game , despite being a little lumbering, he has skill, awareness, crazy kicking ability and deserves time to develop. I hope he speaks to Iggy about how knuckling down and working hard can pay off. would be good to see him come along.
    Hoff Mead Nene GL Kelly. boom.

Fast track that for development

GL is definitely physically ready for first grade
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

i could get behind that.

we then have 2 halves with really good skills, and a third injured who will be top tier,

and a pretty good forward pack. honest front rowers, and a freakin explosive back row.

- - - Updated - - -

actually Teke, did you here Warren Smith commentating and casually talking about Mead being in back end of his career? and said he was a noted speedster of the NRL a few years ago ??? WTF.

i could get behind that.

we then have 2 halves with really good skills, and a third injured who will be top tier,

and a pretty good forward pack. honest front rowers, and a freakin explosive back row.

- - - Updated - - -

actually Teke, did you here Warren Smith commentating and casually talking about Mead being in back end of his career? and said he was a noted speedster of the NRL a few years ago ??? WTF.
    Yeah strange, was it him that once said Myles could fill in at 5/8?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

not sure - i dont mind Warren Smith normally, and i promise, as much as i dont really like him, Gasnier is the sharpest mind on that channel.

he picks up on players on the rise, and players or teams under performing quicker than anyone, and calls them on it.

He is the first to praise or criticise the titans , when almost everyone else just ignores us.

not sure - i dont mind Warren Smith normally, and i promise, as much as i dont really like him, Gasnier is the sharpest mind on that channel.

he picks up on players on the rise, and players or teams under performing quicker than anyone, and calls them on it.

He is the first to praise or criticise the titans , when almost everyone else just ignores us.
    Yep Gas is one of my favs. Really nice to listen to about various topics.

As good as Brandy was as a footy player he can be yucky to listen to when commentating
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Is there any new signings on the horizon for the Titans? Plenty of young talent already on the books so may as well just get games into them unless a really high quality player becomes available IMO.

Junior

From the Nines I would say GL has leaped frogged BK in terms of any of the youngans playing topside. But in saying that this was Nines. More space more fatigued players etc. than 13s. I still dont think GL should be rushed into playing topside straight away despite yes being 'physically' ready. More to the point is being mentally ready. Let him play trials see how he goes, and then QCup. Get his body physically and mentally ready for the rigors of NRL. Remembering he is still 18 and has many years ahead of him.

On the 9s showing I would be comfortable slipping GL into the 17th jersey but it's a way to go through pre-season yet, however, Mortimer should not get near the 17.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If he's good enough he's old enough.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    If he's good enough he's old enough.
    Bull$hit, dont agree with this at all. We are entitled to our opinions. I respect yours but dont agree