Page 135 of 143 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2138

i read something about Richard Kennar leaving Storms has 2 offers 1 nsw club and 1 qld club the only qld club that is looking for back is Titans He a ok player but do we really need another young back as we have 3 or 4 in our u/20

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    i read something about Richard Kennar leaving Storms has 2 offers 1 nsw club and 1 qld club the only qld club that is looking for back is Titans He a ok player but do we really need another young back as we have 3 or 4 in our u/20
    that article says a non Sydney club which could mean either Raiders, Knights or Warriors too. He went well against Newcastle I wouldn't mind if we were after him but I think since Waqa is going to rugby I reckon it's the Raiders they're talking about

Thanks TitanSam I think you might be right as well but Raiders do have some young back as well Brenko Lee is 1
    I would not say no to him but think we have good young players that we need to keep GL Kelly Robert-Davis just to name a few
    I would like The Titans to start to get more locals in the team so there is more heart for the Gold Coast
    I think 70% to 80% should be from local players and just buy players where we are lacking in

Rep Player

Read an article last night saying Gillett management chasing 700K a season!!! Not a chance...If thats the case I agree think Ethan Lowe would be a good pickup if the cowboys let him go....god damn donkeys

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/bronco...t-replacement/

700K?? 500K Max no more than that though. I'm happy with the back-rowers we've got, unless someone like Ben Te'o somehow comes onto the market then I don't think we should go after one. I'd love to see Dylan Napa in Titan colours though he'd be one to target I reckon.

wrong thread sorry, deleted
    Last edited by teke; 10-04-16 at 02:03 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

We should make a play at Kodi Nokorima. He's a great little bench hooker and would work well with an aging Friendy and whoever else we sign @ #9. Just need Mortimer to bugger off.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-04-16 at 06:53 PM.

Dylan Napa you got the right 1 there but does not come off contract until the end of 2017
    Napa would be a big boost for our team but I think we did try once to sign him before
    I am hoping Peteru and Tuiasau can show us what they can do as well

Gillett would be worth $700k per season no worries at all in my opinion. He's a dead set gun. The thing is, I don't think we need him. McQueen and Taia are doing a god enough job in the same position for significantly less.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Gillett would be worth $700k per season no worries at all in my opinion. He's a dead set gun. The thing is, I don't think we need him. McQueen and Taia are doing a god enough job in the same position for significantly less.
    I agree karnage both McQueen and Taia are doing a great job for us. It's a tricky one... If Gillet was considering us we would be silly not to sign him. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

No to Gillett. He doesn't bring much more than what we have. McQueen, Taia, James, Paasi, Pulu, Peteru, Bird, Pettybourne, Douglas and even Shillington and Burr make a formidable frontline. It's easy to argue that Gillett can outperform some of those blokes but at what expense to the team stability plus what about younger guys coming through?

Focus on a quality 9 and 1. Maybe a marquee outside back but only if it's a Chambers or Gagai. No more mid-range signings in any position unless they come from our juniors.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed on Gillett either for the reasons stated above. Since Moseley hasn't panned out, and Friendy is 35 years old, we should really be focusing on a solid 9 as Titanic said. We also need some more experience on the edges. As for a fullback, I still like Meady back there to be honest, yeah he's not a ball playing fullback but other than that he's pretty solid. If the opportunity came up to sign a marquee fullback then by all means go for it, but you'll be waiting a while.

Via Fox sports

BIG MONEY OR ONE CLUB MAN?

Gold Coast have held preliminary talks with Matt Gillett’s manager as they get set to up the ante in their pursuit of the backrower.

At 27 and with a young family to consider, Gillett is asking for a three to four-year-deal from potential suitors.

Market Watch revealed last month that the Titans had signalled interest in Gillett, with Brisbane fearful they won’t be able to match bigger money contracts offered by rival clubs.

Gillett’s current deal is worth $450,000 but with Kodi Nikorima and Corey Parker off contract this year and the club upgrading and extending Anthony Milford, money is tight.

To make matters worse for the Broncos — Adam Blair, Darius Boyd, Alex Glenn, Ben Hunt, Jordan Kahu, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Corey Oates, Joe Ofahengaue, Jack Reed and James Roberts are all off contract at the end of next season — which will play a role in what they can offer Gillett.

Ultimately the decision is most likely to come down to money or whether Gillett wants to remain with the club he’s been part of since a teen.

It’s understood Gillett knows where the Broncos stand in terms of their finances which is well below his estimated market worth of around $750,000.

Regardless, the Broncos will be afforded the opportunity to make a final counteroffer once negotiations reach that stage but it’s likely he’ll have to sacrifice around $600,000 over three years to stay in Red Hill.

This puts the Titans in the box seat to land his signature as the club has ample funds to play with in their salary cap having moved on the likes of Dave Taylor and not re-signing Nate Myles last year.

Having re-signed Kane Elgey until the end of 2018 and with Ashley Taylor tied up until 2017, the Titans’ focus has shifted to grunt in the middle.

They’ve already brought in Chris McQueen, 28, from South Sydney prior to the season starting and Titans COO Brian Canavan revealed on the Market Watch podcast last week that Agnatius Paasi was set to receive an upgraded deal for 2017 and addition year extension.

*end*

Smoke and mirrors, BC is surely bringing the wonder child home in Boyd
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Smoke and mirrors, BC is surely bringing the wonder child home in Boyd
    Hahahaha. You almost had me there for a minute...... No way Darius Boyd will leave Bennetts Broncos.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady