Page 67 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2138

Gus Gould directly denied that on twitter and linked him to us, Cowboys and Roosters. Unfortunately said Cowboys seem likely.

Hah... Read that same article like 2-3 weeks back when there was the first talk about roberts to brisbane...
    Also there was a rumor around the same time that one of the juniors who played a few games last year would be unhappy if they did and would want to move on. Its a big game of chess, and we are just waiting for that last piece cause atm we cant get anyone decent before then..
    Just need to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Now in Macau for New Years and am having dinner with the Aquis mob tonight … not sure if I want to mention the Titans though but will find out what I can.
    In it for the local connect and national profile … not very interested in the team performance as long as the club keeps its nose clean.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

bit off topic but there was talk about Locke a few weeks back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0W5s25Kqoo&app=desktop

still want him?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    bit off topic but there was talk about Locke a few weeks back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0W5s25Kqoo&app=desktop

still want him?
    Not the first time for Locke either...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    In it for the local connect and national profile … not very interested in the team performance as long as the club keeps its nose clean.
    Thanks for the update Titanic.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

And he has promised McQueen will not be the only late signing.

“With the departure of James Roberts, we’ll have a couple of vacancies around our outside backs and probably up front,’’ Henry said.

“There’s a bit of movement with the players and we’re active in the market and I think with the right sort of buys for the club we can really improve the depth and quality of our squad.

“It’s a bit of an unusual (time), I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like it where there’s so many player movements that can still occur around the Christmas break.

“Things normally happen around October but we’re talking about clubs still moving players around and being able to buy players into the new year, less than four weeks from the start of trials and the Auckland Nines. So that’s unique.’’

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227693968873
    Heard a few names whispered and it will be interesting to see who we get (if anyone).
    #iwillneverwalkaway

But it is understood the Cowboys don't have the reported $300,000 salary-cap space needed to match Copley's reported salary at the Broncos.

That means in order to offload the veteran of 72 NRL games Brisbane, who need to offload Copley due to salary-cap issues, will almost certainly have to pay a portion of his wage in 2016.

"We'd be interested in Dale, I have had a bit to do with him as a kid when he was in the Broncos development squad as a 14 or 15-year-old," Cowboys coach Paul Green said last month.

"He's had a disrupted career … but he's a good young bloke and has a lot of good football in him."

It is understood Copley's preference is to stay in Queensland.

The Titans have room in their cap after losing Roberts to the Broncos but it is understood Copley is reluctant to join the embattled club.

From http://www.sportingnews.com/league-n...for-rival-club

looks like copley will slip through our fingers too

- - - Updated - - -

not sure where to put this but also could be hindering future junior development, plus that last line is a bit of a slap to face as far as the club is concerned

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/gold-coast-deputy-principal-says-controversy-prone-titans-nrl-club-less-appealing-for-schools/story-fnj94idh-1227694011498

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    not sure where to put this but also could be hindering future junior development, plus that last line is a bit of a slap to face as far as the club is concerned

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227694011498
    I've been guilty of skim-reading in the past, so once my eye caught the last sentence I didn't bother reading the article any further..

The character plays for the Brisbane Broncos.
    Last edited by Toads; 02-01-16 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I've been guilty of skim-reading in the past, but once my eye caught the last sentence I didn't bother reading the article any further..
    It's a decent showing of our view via the community. Especially with Princey involved. Still have Campbell and Rogers supporting us though. When Rogers left it all just went downhill.

Fair enough, Barrels.

You're dead right about it going downhill once Rogers retired, it's as if the clubs performance turned on a dime that fateful Friday night at Lang Park (2010). Post-match, the atmosphere had a uneasy feel about it. It's as if you sense we weren't going to be competing at that level for some time to come. And here we are rolling into 2016..

At least we're still around though.

Fair enough, Barrels.

You're dead right about it going downhill once Rogers retired, it's as if the clubs performance turned on a dime that fateful Friday night at Lang Park (2010). Post-match, the atmosphere had a uneasy feel about it. It's as if you sense we weren't going to be competing at that level for some time to come. And here we are rolling into 2016..

At least we're still around though.
    Driving out of Suncorp my Dad (A Roosters supporter) said "Titans will be back here next year". He totally jinxed us aha. But I just remember this sombre tone, very disappointing. I still believe we could have beaten Dragons the next week too.

I've been guilty of skim-reading in the past, but once my eye caught the last sentence I didn't bother reading the article any further..
    Well said in reply from Scotty Prince on Facebook:

"Very disappointing to read the article that was supposed to be about the new deadly books adventure turned into a slagging of the Titans...so Gold Coast Bulletin how about some positive stories on all fronts, for our children and for YOUR team!!"
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Well said in reply from Scotty Prince on Facebook:

"Very disappointing to read the article that was supposed to be about the new deadly books adventure turned into a slagging of the Titans...so Gold Coast Bulletin how about some positive stories on all fronts, for our children and for YOUR team!!"
    This is one of my great frustrations. While the Courier Mail and Ch9 Brisbane act as unashamedly biased cheerleaders for the Brisbane Drongos, the GC Bulletin and Ch9 Gold Coast News never miss a chance to throw dirt on our team and our community. You can throw Gold FM into that category too.

I guess they are all owned under the same ownership umbrellas so it is all orchestrated. We just need to be collectively resilient to these hateful low life's.

Go Titans