Page 19 of 143 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Lawrence one of the worst mistakes, he was good for us. Hiku might go ok for us
    James Roberts ~ The King

Who can ever forget that Lawrence try he scored. Prob with Hiku is he is a good player, but hasn't got a postion, he normally just fills in where they need him.

I'd take all three of them if it weren't for the fact we desperately need 2nd rowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of second rowers did anyone see this article. It's just another case of the rich getting richer....

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/door-open-for-teo-at-brisbane-19705/#pts4I56v2ls4Irdr.97

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd take all three of them if it weren't for the fact we desperately need 2nd rowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of second rowers did anyone see this article. It's just another case of the rich getting richer....

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/door-o...56v2ls4Irdr.97
    I agree, Spread the talent evenly I say. People always complain/laugh at the Titans but their teams are all stacked with great players. We need to throw the book at him, we need him more than anyone at the minute. Our backs are young, a lot of potential, good players, out halves are sorted for now but our forwards and in my opinion I say our back-row needs some beef.
    James Roberts ~ The King

Three months since our last big signing and it was Tyrone Roberts...
    James Roberts ~ The King

Quote Originally Posted by TitanicStruggle View Post
    I agree, Spread the talent evenly I say. People always complain/laugh at the Titans but their teams are all stacked with great players. We need to throw the book at him, we need him more than anyone at the minute. Our backs are young, a lot of potential, good players, out halves are sorted for now but our forwards and in my opinion I say our back-row needs some beef.
    The problem is when we throw the money at someone, say Teo - $700,000 goes under our salary cap.

When the broncos do it $400,000 is on the cap and $300,000 in TPA.

(We will be little brother for a long time to come)

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    The problem is when we throw the money at someone, say Teo - $700,000 goes under our salary cap.

One of us needs to win lotto and even the playing field!

GREAT POST!

which is why Henry and the team are trying to find value to negate that need to pay overs or have 100% of it count.

finding a T'eo type player like Zeb is a good start. is he as good as Teo? no way, but he is way more than 30 to 40%% as good which is what his salary would be worth compared to Teo. and on any given day his output and contribution could match Teo's for sure.

aaand if he is a bust (Teo could be for sure) or doesnt live up to value he doesnt waste 700k (hello Myles, CHampion, Idris etc...)
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 17-11-15 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    GREAT POST!

which is why Henry and the team are trying to find value to negate that need to pay overs or have 100% of it count.

finding a T'eo type player like Zeb is a good start. is he as good as Teo? no way, but he is way more than 30 to 40%% as good which is what his salary would be worth compared to Teo. and on any given day his output and contribution could match Teo's for sure.

aaand if he is a bust (Teo could be for sure) or doesnt live up to value he doesnt waste 700k (hello Myles, CHampion, Idris etc...)
    Flip side to that is that we don't have a team that can compete in the NRL.

Flip side to that is that we don't have a team that can compete in the NRL.
    We won the spoon with tonnes of high priced players and failed to compete since when we had high priced players. so we might as well rebuild with value and development.

it looks like we are always going to have different opinions on this. we can discuss it further after next years results are in perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    We won the spoon with tonnes of high priced players and failed to compete since when we had high priced players. so we might as well rebuild with value and development.

it looks like we are always going to have different opinions on this. we can discuss it further after next years results are in perhaps.
    For me personally I have absolutely zero expectations for our on field performance this year.
    Last year I went in all bright eyed and bought into the preseason interviews about how great the playing group was going and it's been the hardest offseason they've ever had yada yada yada.
    Not that I've heard any of that this year, I personally won't be buying into it so I won't feel so deflated by seasons end (just my way of dealing with it this year).
    I think we will see the best from our team during the Nines and that's about it.
    I will be rating our teams 2016 performance on our recruitment for 2017. If we fail to recruit and continue to be unable to compete with the likes of the Broncos, Roosters and from all appearances Manly's with our recruiting then all the facilities in the world won't mean jack.... for any kind of success for the club in the foreseeable future.

How many comps have the Broncs won in the last 10 years, even allowing for their advantages with TPA's. We need to make sure that we don't use it as an excuse. We will always be little brother in that regard however hopefully we are slowly becoming a club that players want to join as I'm sure that is currently not the case for a number of reasons. The Board seem to be slowly building us up and removing obtstacles such as training facilities, poor culture etc.

- - - Updated - - -

For me personally I have absolutely zero expectations for our on field performance this year.
    Last year I went in all bright eyed and bought into the preseason interviews about how great the playing group was going and it's been the hardest offseason they've ever had yada yada yada.
    Not that I've heard any of that this year, I personally won't be buying into it so I won't feel so deflated by seasons end (just my way of dealing with it this year).
    I think we will see the best from our team during the Nines and that's about it.
    I will be rating our teams 2016 performance on our recruitment for 2017. If we fail to recruit and continue to be unable to compete with the likes of the Broncos, Roosters and from all appearances Manly's with our recruiting then all the facilities in the world won't mean jack.... for any kind of success for the club in the foreseeable future.
    I don't give a sh1t about the Mickey Mouse nines so I hope there is something better to come after that. I think about last year when we had a settled pair of halves (LG/Sezer) we won more games than we lost. I am hoping (hopeful) that LG and Tyrone will gel ok which will give us a good footing. The rest of the side seems about equal with last season, perhaps a little better with Friendy back as hooker/distributor. Still concerned about one centre position and too many plodders in the forwards but we haven't signed anyone great there so I'll just cop it for now. All I know is that the Coast will not cop many more "rebuilding" years other than one or two very patient people on here (well three actually!).

MT whilst I'm certain that you are equipped to speak on behalf of the entire coast population, are you genuinely saying that you don't think it is reasonable to expect the club to take a few years to rebuild?

I'm happy to be one of the patient people. I like to think of it as being realistic with realistic expectations but I'm fine with being captain patient

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    MT whilst I'm certain that you are equipped to speak on behalf of the entire coast population, are you genuinely saying that you don't think it is reasonable to expect the club to take a few years to rebuild?

I'm happy to be one of the patient people. I like to think of it as being realistic with realistic expectations but I'm fine with being captain patient
    I can't speak for MT or the Gold Coast but I'll give you an insight into what I'm seeing within my friends and family base.
    My brother and his son who last year I had convinced to stop going to a game here and there and buy a membership next to me and my family is probably going to pick and choose the games he wants to go to again (they are more Cowboys fans in fairness). I've had a mate move away from the coast who was a member who probably will need to be convinced to join as a social member. Another mate and his family are dropping back from a full membership in the western stand to a 4 game flexi game pass for he and his son. I'm being asked by my wife whether it will be worth the whole family rejoining again this year and she has a list of reasons why we probably shouldn't which is more for personal reasons not team performance etc.
    So unfortunately from my point of view, patience has run out and when or if the Coast start performing then I'm guessing it will be like the Cowboys last year when they made the Grand Final 15000 extra people will take out social memberships and jump on the band wagon.

I can't speak for MT or the Gold Coast but I'll give you an insight into what I'm seeing within my friends and family base.
    My brother and his son who last year I had convinced to stop going to a game here and there and buy a membership next to me and my family is probably going to pick and choose the games he wants to go to again (they are more Cowboys fans in fairness). I've had a mate move away from the coast who was a member who probably will need to be convinced to join as a social member. Another mate and his family are dropping back from a full membership in the western stand to a 4 game flexi game pass for he and his son. I'm being asked by my wife whether it will be worth the whole family rejoining again this year and she has a list of reasons why we probably shouldn't which is more for personal reasons not team performance etc.
    So unfortunately from my point of view, patience has run out and when or if the Coast start performing then I'm guessing it will be like the Cowboys last year when they made the Grand Final 15000 extra people will take out social memberships and jump on the band wagon.
    I fully understand why your friends and family are making those decisions and I respect that entirely. My point is that to be patient is a choice, and a few people on here are choosing not to be despite the fact that it is clearly the way the club is choosing to approach the next 3-5 years. We're at rock bottom. Whether we like it or not, we are going to take a few years to be a finals contender and no amount of complaining about recruitment is going to make that process go any faster.

Anyway, looks like we'll have to agree to disagree. Good chat and I look forward to seeing how our views develop over the next 12 months.