Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 68 118 ... LastLast

They reported on Fox Sports News this morning that the Bunnies will grant a release to Dylan Walker if he finds a new home. It reported that the only clubs interested in him are Manly, Dragons and Panthers. No mention of the Titans but it would be nice to join that list of clubs.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    They reported on Fox Sports News this morning that the Bunnies will grant a release to Dylan Walker if he finds a new home. It reported that the only clubs interested in him are Manly, Dragons and Panthers. No mention of the Titans but it would be nice to join that list of clubs.
    Brent Reed one of the Qld Journalists said on Twitter last night that he had spoken to the Titans and they have not spoken to either Walker or McQueen. This contradicts what 7 New reported the Night before that we are speaking to McQueen.

I guess we just hope they are speaking to someone!!!!!

@brentread_7: not at this stage. Titans tonight confirmed no talks with either walker or mcqueen
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    An article in the Bulletin today written by Dean Ritchie about Walker says "the Titans will be interested if Walker is available". That is written after the references to the three clubs above.
    The word doing the rounds is that he had signed with Manly from 2017 so if that is true you would assume they will just try and fit him in for next year as well. Don't know how true that is though.
    He would be great here and a class centre is desperately needed.

David Mead admits his future with the Titans is uncertain beyond 2016
    TRAVIS MEYN The Daily Telegraph November 16, 2015 7:18PM SHARE

Meninga Kangaroos frontrunner1:08
    FAMILY now comes first for David Mead and the longest-serving Titan is no certainty to be at the Gold Coast beyond next year.

Mead is one of a handful of players to have sidestepped the revolving door on the Gold Coast as he prepares for his eighth season in the NRL.

Mead and wife Taneal welcomed their first child, Paxton, in the off-season and the 27-year-old admitted supporting his family would be at the forefront of his mind when contract negotiations roll around.

“You’ve got to look after your family,” he said. “You don’t get very long in football. You don’t know how long you’re going to play for.

“It’s another thing to weigh up when you’re negotiating contracts.

“I’m focused on playing. If anything pops out, I’ll sit back and wait until the back end of the year. I’ll play out the year and make a decision.”

The PNG product first pulled on a Titans jersey alongside now-retired winger Kevin Gordon in the 2008 under-20s competition, He made his NRL debut the following year.

Mead is the club’s highest tryscorer with 60 from 129 NRL appearances and has been a steady starter on the wing for many seasons.

He is one of a host of players coming off contract next season and is uncertain what the future holds.

Mead, Zillman, James and Greg Bird are the only players left at the club since its last finals appearance in 2010.

It’s been a tough five seasons and Mead is as hungry as ever to make the top eight in 2016.

NO WORRIES: Maroons unfazed by Blues riches

INCLUSION: Daley gives Farah the green light

Mead says he has to look after his family with his next contract.
    Mead says he has to look after his family with his next contract.Source: News Corp Australia “I’m very determined. It’s been a long time since I played finals football,” he said.
    “We want to get back to those results from our early days. As long as everyone stays fit we can do that.

“In the past few years I’ve been on the verge of the senior playing group but we’ve got a whole new squad and heaps of young guys so I consider myself one of the senior guys in the squad.

“It’s gone really quick. Time is flying.”

The Titans have been in pre-season training for two weeks with coach Neil Henry trying to finalise his squad which includes 10 players on “train and trial” contracts.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227611343815

I hope Meady gets re-signed
    James Roberts ~ The King

I hope Meady takes the deal with the most $$. He's a fantastic player, an even better guy and deserves to get the best he possibly can.

Personally if I were his manager I'd be asking which Super League teams need a fullback

I wouldn't like if I saw David Mead with another NRL club id feel sick because he's the man
    James Roberts ~ The King

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I hope Meady takes the deal with the most $$. He's a fantastic player, an even better guy and deserves to get the best he possibly can.

Personally if I were his manager I'd be asking which Super League teams need a fullback
    Hard to disagree with that approach HS. I generally don't like paying huge money for wingers so if he isn't going to be fullback with us it might be best if he takes the best offer. Personally I would hate to see him leave particularly if he goes to another NRL club.

It'd be sad to see Meady go... but who could blame him?

I will say that it sucks to read stories like these before the season even starts. There are so many new players we know relatively little about in our squad. So many talented and intriguing young kids coming through. I'd much rather read about new blokes like Leivaha Pulu, or our own 20's kids like Oshae Tuisu... what their backstories are, their upbringings, what they love about the game, etc etc .. I know that would get me far more psyched for 2016, than some vague musings bout current player's feelings towards their 2017 contracts. I'm sick of reading about contract sagas, potential signings and player scandals. They're sugar hit footy stories. Not like the real inspiring write-ups that make you respect a bloke and want him to succeed regardless of how many tackles he made last game, or what his youtube highlights video looks like. Not like the pub yarns you hear, that give the cardboard cut-out, boofhead footy player stero-type, real-person amount of depth and character, or the personal and emotional journey's that player's and their families are often, all too happy to tell you - as long as you're not jotting down bullet points only to paraphrase them and manipulate their honesty according to some journalistic agenda the next day.

GC Sports writers are terrible. Sports writers who cover our team in general are obviously very uninterested in our team. If the club itself isn't going to be more proactive in the media and get with the times by providing engaging content, I'd love to see this forum try and do something about it. A podcast where we try and get past/present players, club officials, etc to contribute would be an achievable and effective start I would think. I know there are plenty of fan generated video-series/web articles/podcasts out there.. but nothing like what Denan Kemp is doing, or what just about every NFL team's fansbase have setup for their club - for this team. It's a concept that makes so much sense and has so much value, that if done correctly by like-minded, smart and good-intentioned people, I know it will take off.

In the coming weeks, I'd like to start a new thread to spit-ball some ideas. I'd love everyone here to pitch in, and help create something we can all be proud of for many years to come.

Former forum Member Coaster had this idea going in the right direction but due to other things (**** club) he got sick of it. But it could rise again imo
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I see what you are saying K2G. Articles like that achieve nothing more than negativity among the fans. Of course he seeing his worth in the open market. Any player who's contract is up next year will be doing the same else no one would need managers.

Junior

I have no problem with players chasing money. Rugby League is a business, and the players themselves are their own business. Their body are their tools in which they ply their trade. Theres no love lost in Rugby League now in terms of loyalty (to an extent). Good luck to what ever Meady decides to do, theres only a small window of time in which these players can play so why not try make the most money out of it as you can.

love Meady. fave ever titan. would love him to stay, but totally respect him no matter he does.

after pushing out gordon and a bunch of players, no one could begrudge a player taking the initiative and moving on first.

I dont personally care for Robert Lui and his character, but he turned down a 3 year million dollar offer from warriors to stay at the cowboys... and inside 12 months he is worth a fraction of that and playing state cup.

Talk of Manly having to shed players for Walker.

I like Hiku and would be good for us, not sure if you would play him at FB, Centre or 5/8.
    Others mentioned were Lawrence and Starling. I though Starling was going to be a star watching him in QCup a few years ago. Not too sure now.

Can we quietly talk to Jamie Lyon again????