Page 51 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    McQueen is an option to play centre. He started out as a winner and is quick and reads well in defence. I'm sure if Henry targets him for that spot he'll do a good job.

possibly he still has great speed and agility for his size- would need to drop maybe 8kg but he is an option-- big and powerful with an offload

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    I think one of the guys you're talking about is modelling our home jersey tonight so I don't like the chances of him leaving.
    you never know he might just hit amazing form (or not

Buzz Rothfield on Twitter said that obviously Reynolds can't confirm he is looking elsewhere because of legal reasons. Makes sense. Hopefully like we have said, where there is smoke there is fire.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I rate Whare pretty highly as well.
    panthrs have themselves almost a kiwi test backline now. whare - hiku - DWZ. pretty formidable. throw in moylan and jennings - decent backline

Rep Player

im honestly getting sick of this now. No joke Will Zillman belongs no where near our starting 13. I cannot fathom how he continues to pass as a representative for our club when he has yet to prove his worth in all but minutes of our past 4 years. Im sure he is a lovely bloke but enough is enough. He makes our top 17 worse if he is in it. No upside. No room to grow he needs to shuffle off into the sunset and let the youth have a crack. Argue with me as much as you want but I refuse to take this team seriously when he is a viable option to not only play but lead out club. ****ing joke!!!!!
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 12-12-15 at 05:02 AM.

I have no doubt Zillman can be a good player and had been suffering with a back injury for a while now. The bigger issue is that he just hasn't gelled with anything we do on the field. When he's going well he busts tackles and proves a headache for opposition defences. But we've seen that all too rarely during this marathon contact and he really should be forced to show he is Up to NRL standard again by dominating Qld Cup.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    panthrs have themselves almost a kiwi test backline now. whare - hiku - DWZ. pretty formidable. throw in moylan and jennings - decent backline
    Throw in Te Maire and Docker-Clay (Junior Kiwis and Kiwis Squad) lol

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Throw in Te Maire and Docker-Clay (Junior Kiwis and Kiwis Squad) lol
    And Katoa the junior kiwis hooker

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Can't wait to play them next year. How did we go against them last year when they didn't have that good a backline, I can't seem to remember?

I think the signing of McQueen will help get other players across the line... We only have Bird who is a rep player and only one real rookie in the starting side? Means we have a team full of players who would prob struggle making the starting side of any other team tbh... Now McQueen just gives us that bit more in quality, yeah I know he hasn't hit his form from 2 years ago, but he still plays for QLD. Cant wait to see him running off LG into the hole. We need to wait till Roberts and Walker(Still isnt confirmed yet?) decide and a few other dominos will start to fall.

One of the major issues that I keep seeing happening over the last couple of years is this last minute rush and additions to our team, we never get time to train for long enough to properly gel as a team. We are coming into the Xmas period now and they probably won't be back to training till mid Jan? Then we have nines then we start the season. No time at all for newcomers to get used to our existing players.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Can't wait to play them next year. How did we go against them last year when they didn't have that good a backline, I can't seem to remember?
    i think we traded thrashings. 40-0 to them early, and 38-14 or something to us mid season.

take out idris and add in hiku is the only real change. and Idris played really well against us in round 2. hat trick and a ton of assists

JED CARTWRIGHT what does he play like? think he can play center?? i know hes inexperienced but just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    JED CARTWRIGHT what does he play like? think he can play center?? i know hes inexperienced but just wondering
    good talent but raw. makes nene look like inglis in terms of where they at in development

also, GA said in his speech when talking about McQueen that we will announce some more signings in next few weeks