Page 20 of 143 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    MT whilst I'm certain that you are equipped to speak on behalf of the entire coast population, are you genuinely saying that you don't think it is reasonable to expect the club to take a few years to rebuild?

I'm happy to be one of the patient people. I like to think of it as being realistic with realistic expectations but I'm fine with being captain patient
    I think you have just come up with your new avatar - Captain Patient, perfect.

Not wanting to speak for others, let alone the entire Coast, I fully respect your views and the others that prefer the build slowly approach. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I am a member of two clubs, for both of which I want nothing but the best. In my situation I find it interesting that both missed the finals last year and one has taken a very direct approach and is actively doing something about it whereas the other doesn't appear in such a hurry to get results on the field. We'll see how the year goes. I keep thinking of clubs like the Tigers and their rebuilding - most would have had them winning a comp by now but they are further away than anybody.

Anyway, I think we have done this topic to death and I appreciate the opportunity to have a respectful debate.

i actually agree with alot of your 2 posts MT - and have huge respect for Manly's off season total rebuild. If they land walker for reals (has it been announced yet?) that would be one of the best revamps in short amount of time i have ever seen, rivalling what bennett did last year at brisbane.

Alot of it has to do with their aura of success, plus players can live on the beach without moving to QLD, so Titans wont win that comparison anytime soon.

I truly believe henry is laying the blocks like he did at Cowboys and rebuilding a culture of success among players (which Manly have in Stewart and Lyon etc. ) so that we can get to top 8 and stay there for years to come.

anyways - always respectful debate. love it. some of us will never quite see it as others do, and that's ok.

TITANS HAVE ROOM TO MOVE

Titans coach Neil Henry has healthy competition for roster spots with a number of players trialling for contracts.

With availabilities in the front row, backrow and outside backs — the Titans have four NRL spots yet to be filled for 2016.

Sami Sauluma and Jeff Lynch are two players training with the squad in a bid to secure a contract.

Sauluma is a versatile player who comes from Cronulla, while Lynch is a young prop from Canberra.

The duo will train for seven weeks although it’s likely the club will extend their trial period past Christmas.

“He’s a centre-winger but he played in the backrow for the Sharks last year,” Henry said of Sauluma.

“He’s quite big — he’s over 106 kilos. He’s quite stocky and gives us a bit of versatility there.”

While the Titans have money to spend, Henry’s unsure of whether they will fill those spots with second-tier players or chase a marquee man.

“We’ll just have to wait and see who becomes available,” he said.

“We need a bit of depth in our front row is certainly one area, backrow and an outside back as well.

“Our halves and hooker positions are fine but those three positions we could do with whether it’s second or top tier.”
    James Roberts ~ The King

Maybe neil henry is waiting for the winner of nrl rookie to be announced...��
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i actually agree with alot of your 2 posts MT - and have huge respect for Manly's off season total rebuild. If they land walker for reals (has it been announced yet?) that would be one of the best revamps in short amount of time i have ever seen, rivalling what bennett did last year at brisbane.

anyways - always respectful debate. love it. some of us will never quite see it as others do, and that's ok.
    No Walker hasn't been announced yet but I would expect it by weeks end.

Some posts above referred to a few blokes perhaps being shopped by Manly to accommodate new signings. I don't think his name was mentioned above (might have missed it) but Jamie Buhrer is another. He had a injury hit year last season but I have a huge amount of time for him, works all day and has a bit of class about him. Well worth a look in my book if Manly want to let him go. Better value than Hiku, Lawrence, and Starling in my opinion and is a player who comes without any baggage.

is Hiku only 22? Makes me keen to get him, I thought he was around 26.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    is Hiku only 22? Makes me keen to get him, I thought he was around 26.
    Yep, he's 22, born December 1992.

Obviously I watch him closely and I find him very hot and cold. He has a few errors in his game and rarely performs in the big games. In fairness he has been chopped and changed at Manly and if he was allowed to settle he would come on especially considering he is still young. I know he gets picked for NZ but if he was eligible for Aust or Origin he wouldn't be in the first 10 picked in the positions he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yep, he's 22, born December 1992.

Obviously I watch him closely and I find him very hot and cold. He has a few errors in his game and rarely performs in the big games. In fairness he has been chopped and changed at Manly and if he was allowed to settle he would come on especially considering he is still young. I know he gets picked for NZ but if he was eligible for Aust or Origin he wouldn't be in the first 10 picked in the positions he plays.
    Hiku plays in a team with so many dominant players, it would be hard to not just catch the ball and run when Foran, Cherry, Stewart, Lyon, etc are picking the plays and dominating the structure of attack.

If he came here he would have the opportunity to play his own game and incorporate that into our new style. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Hiku plays in a team with so many dominant players, it would be hard to not just catch the ball and run when Foran, Cherry, Stewart, Lyon, etc are picking the plays and dominating the structure of attack.

If he came here he would have the opportunity to play his own game and incorporate that into our new style. Just a thought.
    works the other way... Those players could be making him look decent? happens when players leave Melbourne all the time.

Titans don't need Hiku unless it was a swap for someone like Zilly.

Buhrer on the market earlier could have replaced Friend
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by TitanicStruggle View Post
    TITANS HAVE ROOM TO MOVE

Titans coach Neil Henry has healthy competition for roster spots with a number of players trialling for contracts.

With availabilities in the front row, backrow and outside backs — the Titans have four NRL spots yet to be filled for 2016.

Sami Sauluma and Jeff Lynch are two players training with the squad in a bid to secure a contract.

Sauluma is a versatile player who comes from Cronulla, while Lynch is a young prop from Canberra.

The duo will train for seven weeks although it’s likely the club will extend their trial period past Christmas.

“He’s a centre-winger but he played in the backrow for the Sharks last year,” Henry said of Sauluma.

“He’s quite big — he’s over 106 kilos. He’s quite stocky and gives us a bit of versatility there.”

While the Titans have money to spend, Henry’s unsure of whether they will fill those spots with second-tier players or chase a marquee man.

“We’ll just have to wait and see who becomes available,” he said.

“We need a bit of depth in our front row is certainly one area, backrow and an outside back as well.

“Our halves and hooker positions are fine but those three positions we could do with whether it’s second or top tier.”
    So once again we are announcing that we have signed "lots of salary cap room" to a "we need more players for our 2016 squad" contract.

Junior

Saw earlier that Shannon Walker has signed a train and trial contract for the off season, good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Saw earlier that Shannon Walker has signed a train and trial contract for the off season, good luck to him
    little bit late there mate

- - - Updated - - -

Just read somewhere that Tedesco, Moses and Brooks may walk out on Wests, I don't think there's any truth to it but I'd say yes please to Teddy
    James Roberts ~ The King

Junior

Well that's what I get for going overseas!

Titans saving room for hayne? hah can i dream?

other news. reports that walker to manly is pretty much done. However Manly want souths to pay some of his salary next year as they are trying to save room for a Big Name International who is near signing???? Any Ideas who?
    Last edited by patskE; 19-11-15 at 02:01 PM.