Page 138 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2138

Not 2016 but going to put it out there. Trent Robinson is off contract at the end of 2017. Get it done Canavan.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    not sure where to put this so ill leave it here... but i think hodko was recruited ot knights under false pretense.

poor guy went there, and sometime between signing the piece of paper and 2016 rolling around, he has a new coach that is going to waste 3-4 years of his career rebuilding the knights from the ground up. and not rebuilding a little bit like us.. he is playing games with rookies expecting to lose so they will be stronger in years time. hodko is injury prone and getting older. what a terrible part of his career. he will be almost 30 by time it ends. id be asking to get out before the deal ends.
    No sympathy, from what I understand from Henry the negotiations turned into a bidding war between us and the Knights and every offer we put on the table Knights would up it by $50k. So if he has an issue he can blame himself and his management team. Hope it happens to more players that have played us purely to get their price up. But I see what you are saying, he definitely wouldn't have expected to have that team around him and possibly was unaware of how poorly the Knights cap has been managed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Not 2016 but going to put it out there. Trent Robinson is off contract at the end of 2017. Get it done Canavan.
    Corey Norman at fullback for would be nice. He's currently looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    it moved.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    No sympathy, from what I understand from Henry the negotiations turned into a bidding war between us and the Knights and every offer we put on the table Knights would up it by $50k. So if he has an issue he can blame himself and his management team. Hope it happens to more players that have played us purely to get their price up. But I see what you are saying, he definitely wouldn't have expected to have that team around him and possibly was unaware of how poorly the Knights cap has been managed.

- - - Updated - - -

Corey Norman at fullback for would be nice. He's currently looking around.

i was on record in this forum ( maybe one of the only ones? i know a few were against it ) who was really keen on getting norman before we got Atay last year. He would be awesome at FB and we would ball play coming our of our angus with him, but it does sound like he wants a ship load of cash.

i am worried we are agreeing on too much lately JB. can you sort it out and start annoying me please.

He turned down $1.8m over three years. That's not that much.

I'm always annoying, just to different people at different times.

could we afford more than 600 per year with Ash and LG going to be on similar money in next few years? i guess the cap goes up also. still alot

Rep Player

Coote, Segyaro, Lowe. I will continue to dream

Corey Norman or L Coote for fullback, yes please

I like the idea of Norman because he went to Keebra so has an actual connection to the coast, which I think is v important for players we want to keep for the long term.

I wonder what a list of Coast-grown talent playing NRL at other clubs looks like now? Hasn't been done for a season or two and could be the basis for our recruitment strategy. Somebody more up to date than me want to make a separate thread?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I wonder what a list of Coast-grown talent playing NRL at other clubs looks like now? Hasn't been done for a season or two and could be the basis for our recruitment strategy. Somebody more up to date than me want to make a separate thread?
    This is what I could think of, others here will make up a much better list:

1. Jahrome Hughes - Cowboys
    2. Brendan Eliott - Roosters
    3. Hymel Hunt - Rabbitohs
    4. Marion Seve - Broncos
    5. Jordan Rapana - Raiders
    6. Luke Keary - Rabbitohs
    7. Moses Mbye? - Bulldogs
    8. Joe Ofahengaue? - Broncos
    9. Jenan Parrish - Sharks
    10. Lloyd Perrett - Bulldogs
    11. Bodene Thompson - Warriors
    12. Jai Arrow - Broncos
    13. Keegan Hipgrave - Broncos

14. Keanu Dawson - Warriors
    15. Lamar Liolevave - Bulldogs (Keebra)
    16. JJ Felise - Tigers (Keebra)
    17. Jaelen Feeney - Knights
    Last edited by TitanSam; 19-04-16 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Very good point Titanic, I am sure we have enough passionate Titans supporters in the League of Shadows who know this type of information.

Could be a savvy move for future recruiting, hopefully Canavan and Neil are already on this.

Wasn't mbye from the sunshine coast? I think jj Selise was A Logan Brother. Happy for him to be counted as part of our catchment though. Means you could include Cam Smith and Corey Parker as well.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

We really should create a thread to track all the Gold Coasters playing in the NRL/ESL and those who make it to rep teams. So much talent in this region.

Immortal

We actually had M'Bye on a scholarship before he went to the Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Wasn't mbye from the sunshine coast? I think jj Selise was A Logan Brother. Happy for him to be counted as part of our catchment though. Means you could include Cam Smith and Corey Parker as well.

Rep Player

Norman knocked back a 1.8m 3 year deal from the Eels to go on the market. Start shelling out titans happy to pay overs on that to get the strike fullback we desperately need

We should look at Shaun Lane,Jazz Tevaga and Mitch Rien and still have some change instead of chasing Gillett
    Dont get me wrong I think Gillett is fantastic player But a Hooker is more of a demand for us
    I am sure Lane would be pretty cheap to get and he will be sick of Warriors by the end of the year with Tegava on a 2nd Tier as a back up Hooker and can play lock
    Maybe do a player swap with the Warriors as well Hoffman for Lolohea does a good job at FB
    Mitch Rein is what we need a good 80 min Hooker its a shame Friend cant play 80 min and was 5 years younger