Page 125 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Brian Smith just quit his position in the UK. Interesting news considering there are a few coaches in the league under pressure to perform this year. (I include Henry in that group)
    King is under no pressure at all, he is coaching a team that 95% of Rugby League "Experts" expect to pick up the Spoon....

McFadden is the one to be looking over his shoulder if the yearly chokers are 4 & 0 in a few weeks
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    King is under no pressure at all, he is coaching a team that 95% of Rugby League "Experts" expect to pick up the Spoon....

McFadden is the one to be looking over his shoulder if the yearly chokers are 4 & 0 in a few weeks
    How can their rugby yawnion discipline be so good and their league discipline so poor?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think he has proven over his career that he improves the clubs he works at. A director of football would be a role that he could fill very well for us.
    He seems a lovely bloke but I wouldn't want him anywhere near a coaching role with us. His last few jobs haven't ended well which makes me think he has lost it as a coach in the game these days. I don't really want anyone in any role that would make Henry have to keep watching his back and having Smith on staff in any role would have him ready to pounce. I don't think any coach should be in that position if it can be avoided.

Just a change of pace, apparently Nine News said tonight that Hurrell to us was a done deal with an announcement soon. However it was Dobbo who said this so who knows.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Just a change of pace, apparently Nine News said tonight that Hurrell to us was a done deal with an announcement soon. However it was Dobbo who said this so who knows.
    Hurrel is coming, he's just waiting for his New Zealand passport to be cleared (needs like 2 or 3 more weeks to be eligible). Our offer to Kane is $450,000 a year which isn't as much as St George ($500 000) but to be honest 450 is still a lot of money he's from here his family is here his friends are here so it's very likely I believe he will take it.

Yeah, I wouldn't want Smith to come in contact with any of our players in the squad. As a tactician, he seems to know his stuff, as a people person he just doesn't seem to have it. So if he was to look at coming our way I'd want him to stay off the green stuff (paddock) and observe his input from the stands. Just never to mingle with the players expect maybe for the end of season awards night.

I've had enough of "rebuilding stages" and I tend to believe it'd be another one if Smith was to go through our squad. As Titanic mentioned, a combo of Henry 'n Smith could work. But yeah, keep him at arm's length from the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How can their rugby yawnion discipline be so good and their league discipline so poor?
    Different Island nationalities is a big one there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I've had enough of "rebuilding stages" and I tend to believe it'd be another one if Smith was to go through our squad. As Titanic mentioned, a combo of Henry 'n Smith could work. But yeah, keep him at arm's length from the squad.
    Yep, I would have liked to have got Smith when we ditched Cartwright. My biggest issue with Henry is he can't seem to win the big ones but I do agree that coaches need to have their egos defended and having someone hanging around (like Gould) isn't right at all.

Different Island nationalities is a big one there mate.
    Fair enough Oz, so then the Warriors should be more judicious with their selection process considering that's all in their backyard ... or they can keep sending the Paasi's to us

That's a big offer to Kane, I'm sure there would also be third party stuff on top of that 450k....so i guess the club has finally figured that if they want to keep the some of the best, they HAVE to pay overs.

- - - Updated - - -

That's also great to hear about Hurrell. He hasn't been picked again for Warriors this week, so it seems the rumours are turning out to be true. Hopefully he arrives before round 5 Give our old friend J Rob a good old fashion shake up
    #ThruNThru

Hurrell would be a good get but from what I've heard he can be quite lazy and ill-disciplined. If he comes here, I hope someone can keep him in line...

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Hurrell would be a good get but from what I've heard he can be quite lazy and ill-disciplined. If he comes here, I hope someone can keep him in line...
    Bird can give him the encouraging clip under the ear.

IF we sign Hurrell my back five would be;
    1. Mead/ Hoff.
    2. Mead / Nene
    3. Hurrell
    4. Hoff.
    5. Don / Olive.

Not bad back 5.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

yeah hurrel is atacking X factor, but warriors fans say lazy in defense

MacDonald is a centre, Hoffman just won't pass and that puts him on the wing in my book.

We should really focus on Holmes
    He is a future star and is the man to look after our future fullback position. Also I think we should look at Campbell Gillard and also Joseph leilua