Page 116 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2138

This won't be resolved for months to I wouldn't be getting your knockers in know just yet and if that report is to believed then you can add the Storm into the mix too ... that's much more of a worry particularly if Cronk is leaving. Personally, I think the lad will stay with us on an improved deal.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This won't be resolved for months to I wouldn't be getting your knockers in know just yet and if that report is to believed then you can add the Storm into the mix too ... that's much more of a worry particularly if Cronk is leaving. Personally, I think the lad will stay with us on an improved deal.
    That's if we improve the deal.
    #ThruNThru

they said that about roberts too and that turned out well

There was more to Roberts than just a salary increase ... at the very least we dudded him and he didn't want to stay but he seemed to not have been the most popular bloke amongst the playing group either ... Elgey is entirely different bit of work.

We won't fall for that old trap again (getting gazumped on dollars for players)... I mean once bitten twice shy. Oh, wait a minute..

Nah....won't happen again surely. We have Caravan to take us on a different path (see what I did there?)

Massive disaster if Elgey signs elsewhere. As for Greg Bird, he can tell his story walking.

The Titans are keen to re-sign Kane Elgey. Picture: Scott Fletcher
    THE Titans say they will take “all appropriate steps” to keep Kane Elgey on the Gold Coast as reports have emerged linking the rising star to St George Illawarra.

A television report suggested Elgey, who will spend the 2016 season on the sidelines after having a knee reconstruction last month, had been offered a $1.5 million three-year deal with the Dragons.

Despite his injury, Elgey, who is contracted to the Titans for 2016 and has an option in his favour for next season, is set to be a hot commodity should he decide to test the market.

The Titans are desperate not to lose the Gold Coast product, who was a revelation in his first year of senior football last season, but are adamant they will not “jump at shadows” to be lured into a bidding war. But chief executive Graham Annesley left no question the 22-year-old was a priority for the club.

“We’re not going to jump at shadows and we’re not going to react to rumours,” Annesley said.

“Kane’s an important player for us and we’ll take all appropriate steps to try to keep him at the club.

“He’s a local junior, he’s very important to us.”

Elgey ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his knee in the first training session of the year, with the resulting reconstruction ruling him out for the season.

“It’s a terrible shame what’s happened to him this year from his own perspective and that of the club,” Annesley said. “But he’s a local junior and we’ll be doing whatever we can to keep him.”

Elgey’s manager Chris Orr denied the Dragons rumours, saying talks had not occurred with any club.

Orr knows his charge will be in demand, calling good halfbacks “as rare as unicorns”, but said the Titans were in the box seat.

“No formal negotiations have taken place in the marketplace with any club regarding Kane’s future and our first point of contact will be the Titans,” Orr said.

“Kane is a Gold Coaster and I would expect the Titans will do everything in their power to keep it that way, especially since Neil (coach Neil Henry) and Kane have developed a strong working relationship.”

Former Bronco Ashley Taylor will wear the No.7 jersey this season in Elgey’s absence but the Titans could sign another Broncos under-20s product, Cameron Cullen, to a second-tier deal to add depth to their halves after he impressed through the trials.

“There’s no doubt that with Kane out that we need back-up in that position too and the way (Cullen) is playing we have to take it seriously too,” Henry said.
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    We have Caravan to take us on a different path (see what I did there?)
    You're goddamned revelation but have you got your Fantasy team in yet?

Thinking more about centres....apparently Barba will play FB which will shift Bird into the centres most likely pushing out Leutele... Anyways you all already know what I'm going to ask but yeah he's a Brisbane boy could be an option?.

I'm fine with what we've got although our depth is small as hell though.

(Sorry for changing the subject)

I know he's re-signed till 2018 and all but yea

I always do week 1 then forget all about it. Plus I suck..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    You're goddamned revelation but have you got your Fantasy team in yet?
    I always do week 1 then forget all about it... Plus I suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Thinking more about centres....apparently Barba will play FB which will shift Bird into the centres most likely pushing out Leutele... Anyways you all already know what I'm going to ask but yeah he's a Brisbane boy could be an option?.

I'm fine with what we've got although our depth is small as hell though.

(Sorry for changing the subject)

I know he's re-signed till 2018 and all but yea
    Leutele would be great....let's re-sign Elgey first i think
    #ThruNThru

i think that between val holmes, bird and barba all wanting FB, and Coote having Ponga coming through very soon, there will be at least one or two disgruntled FBs looking for work next year.

Sharks would let Beale go before others.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Plus I suck..

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I suck at it.
    Lololol ... I don't even have to comment but I will ... the mouth power of an industrial vacuum cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think that between val holmes, bird and barba all wanting FB, and Coote having Ponga coming through very soon, there will be at least one or two disgruntled FBs looking for work next year.
    Article in the Courier Mail saying that Coote has been given permission to talk to other clubs.