Page 113 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2138

It's always a shame when rumours about coming to the Titans turn out false however rumours of players leaving the Titans turn out true. It'd be a shame to see him go.

I'm not so concerned with his off field antics for this upcoming year (I think he knows what he is doing) but rather him staying on the field and suspension free.

To say that he will stay because of his business connections on the coast didn't ring true for the likes of Myles. I think if he decides to leave it will come down to the next contract talks and the longevity of probably the final contract of his career. So if we lowball him like we did Myles ($ wise and length of contract) then I guess we will see him leave the club.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's always a shame when rumours about coming to the Titans turn out false however rumours of players leaving the Titans turn out true. It'd be a shame to see him go.

I'm not so concerned with his off field antics for this upcoming year (I think he knows what he is doing) but rather him staying on the field and suspension free.

To say that he will stay because of his business connections on the coast didn't ring true for the likes of Myles. I think if he decides to leave it will come down to the next contract talks and the longevity of probably the final contract of his career. So if we lowball him like we did Myles ($ wise and length of contract) then I guess we will see him leave the club.
    I hear u on what u r saying and the point re Bird and contract is valid except I'd argue that Myles was offered what he was worth, I think overall he is crap, certainly not worth top dollar. The contributions Luke Douglas made to the team during the Myles era were far greater than Myles pathetic little skips when doing a hit up followed by hitting the deck with little resistance.

I'm thrilled he's gone, actually truth be told I can't stand Myles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I hear u on what u r saying and the point re Bird and contract is valid except I'd argue that Myles was offered what he was worth, I think overall he is crap, certainly not worth top dollar. The contributions Luke Douglas made to the team during the Myles era were far greater than Myles pathetic little skips when doing a hit up followed by hitting the deck with little resistance.

I'm thrilled he's gone, actually truth be told I can't stand Myles.
    Preaching to the converted on that point.

I'm just saying that Bird is the only player left at the club who has bought the club into disrepute in more than one way. He has missed the captaincy and when it comes time for contract negotiations they will still be sticking points, whereas a new club gets to blame or redirect those indiscretions back onto the Titans as a club and not the player.

For the record I hope we keep him. He has the dog in him that we need as a team.

good posts JB and Bods,

the difference between Bird and the others who made a mess of the club like Myles is that Bird's Passion for the team is visible and you can tell he is hurting not to be captain.

Myles just makes little quips to appear like he is causal and cool, but he also really didn't care very much. He played slow, disinterested football, all the while being called our inspirational leader by the media because he held us together when the drugs crisis hit, when people in the know might say he was very fortunate to avoid having his name involved. Daily telegraph hinted strongly at it one day, but couldn't QUITE name him.

Despite his suspensions and his off field stuff, bird is a PROUD TITAN, was vocal about wanting to be the captain, and then despite losing captaincy and now having been beaten to it by a fringe first grader ( which would have to annoy ), he seems like he will get on with being a leading presence around the team anyway's regardless of his disappointment.

and absolutely right bods about Myles being paid what he is worth. he would have been our top paid forward, and would have been close to the worst in terms of performance, let alone performance relative to paycheck. Pettybourne, Paasi and Peteru probably combined cost less than Myles last year... let that sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    good posts JB and Bods,

the difference between Bird and the others who made a mess of the club like Myles is that Bird's Passion for the team is visible and you can tell he is hurting not to be captain.

Myles just makes little quips to appear like he is causal and cool, but he also really didn't care very much. He played slow, disinterested football, all the while being called our inspirational leader by the media because he held us together when the drugs crisis hit, when people in the know might say he was very fortunate to avoid having his name involved. Daily telegraph hinted strongly at it one day, but couldn't QUITE name him.

Despite his suspensions and his off field stuff, bird is a PROUD TITAN, was vocal about wanting to be the captain, and then despite losing captaincy and now having been beaten to it by a fringe first grader ( which would have to annoy ), he seems like he will get on with being a leading presence around the team anyway's regardless of his disappointment.

and absolutely right bods about Myles being paid what he is worth. he would have been our top paid forward, and would have been close to the worst in terms of performance, let alone performance relative to paycheck. Pettybourne, Paasi and Peteru probably combined cost less than Myles last year... let that sink in.
    couldn't have said it better tbh great post DB. I can't remember a great thing Myles did on field for us last year he was absolutely useless in my opinion. Sure he made an allright amount of tackles but I could probably hit harder than him on attack and I'm tiny. You could tell he was disinterested and lacked energy but Bird never did he always tried hard when he was on the field.

Love the last part about Paasi, Petty and Peteru probably amounting to Myles salary when they all played twice as good as him last year. Glad we didn't re-sign Myles and Shillo is definitely an upgrade.

Gold Coast Titans CEO Graham Annesley dismisses suggestions Greg Bird could move to the Roosters

4 hours agoSource: FOX SPORTS
    GOLD Coast chief executive Graham Annesley has dismissed suggestions Greg Bird could be poached from the club by the Roosters in time for the 2016 season.

Channel Seven reported on Friday night that Bird is in the sights of Tricolours coach Trent Robinson as cover for injured forwards Boyd Cordner and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, despite being contracted until the end of 2017.

Bird’s future at the Titans has been the subject of conjecture for some time after a string of off-field incidents involving the NSW Origin firebrand, with speculation his recent snubbing for the club captaincy could lead to his departure.

But Annesley says there has been no approach from Bird or his management regarding an early release from his contract, and dismissed reports the 29-year-old has an option in his favour for 2017.

The Gold Coast’s Greg Bird in action during The Auckland Nines.
    The Gold Coast’s Greg Bird in action during The Auckland Nines.
    Source: News Corp Australia
    “There’s nothing to it as far as we’re concerned,’’ Annesley told the Gold Coast Bulletin.

“Birdy’s under contract to the end of 2017 and as far as we’re concerned it’s business as usual.’’

A former skipper of the club, Bird was passed over for the captain’s role this week with veterans Will Zillman and returning hooker Nathan Friend preferred by the struggling club.

It’s been a controversial 18 months for Bird, with a fine for public urination on his honeymoon in Byron Bay being followed by his naming in the Titans cocaine scandal, which he was cleared of late in 2015.

With an eight-week suspension for a dangerous throw costing him his place in the NSW side as well, rumours continue to circle around Bird’s departure from the Titans, which he has consistently denied.

“There’s been speculation I’ve been leaving the Gold Coast since 2010 when I first came back,” Bird said last July.

“First I was going to Parramatta with Ricky (Stuart), now I’m going to Canberra with Ricky, then I’m going to Cronulla, going to Manly, going to Newcastle.

“I’ve got another two years on the Gold Coast and I don’t plan on going anywhere.’’
    #ThruNThru

I've been told by a mate that ppl can watch today's game online, not the one for members another one.

Will let ppl know later
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I've been told by a mate that ppl can watch today's game online, not the one for members another one.

Will let ppl know later
    Send us the link when you have it mate!
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Will let ppl know later
    Cool let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

Shannon Walker has walked out on the Titans after not being offered an NRL contract and won't be facing the Rabbitohs tonight. @cmail_sport
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I've got donuts from my mate but DB said he has one he's gonna post soon
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

watching a very good stream from the Rabbits website
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    watching a very good stream from the Rabbits website
    Are you a member?
    #ThruNThru

Not of Souffs got a link from our Facebook

Zillman, true to form, misses badly and Souffs go 80 meters and score in the corner against the run of play 0-4.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think zillman tried to tackle goodwins shadow

Might just become a souffs member.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/members-first/live_stream_titans_v.html?camefrom=EMCL_969283_383 93006