Page 126 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2138

Gold Coast Titans confirm interest in England international Dan Sarginson for 2017
    March 11, 2016 12:00am
    Emma Greenwood Gold Coast Bulletin

THE Titans have confirmed they are interested in helping England international Dan Sarginson become the latest Super League player to test himself in the NRL.

Sarginson’s management is understood to have approached the Titans about the boom centre, who is off contract at the end of the season and keen to test himself in Australia.

While the Titans are still in the market for a centre this season, Sarginson’s signature would be for 2017 and beyond.

Gold Coast chief operating officer Brian Canavan confirmed the Titans were interested in the Wigan centre, although the 22-year-old had to decide whether he wanted to pursue a move to the NRL or stay in England where he was last year also courted by rugby union.

“He’s a name that’s been presented and he’s the right age and right position,’’ Canavan said.

“The discussions are ongoing there.

“He’s got to work out what he wants to do — make the choice, basically. If he doesn’t want to stay over there and gives us that strong lead, that’s when we’d go a bit further.’’

Sarginson’s potential move back to the country of his birth — the son of a Kiwi father and English mother moved from Perth to England when he was three — has backing from Penrith star Jamie Soward, who played with him at the London Broncos.

“My man @Sargmiester (Sarginson) is a great player and would kill it in the #NRL,’’ Soward posted on Twitter.

“Played with him in #London, great guy.’’

The Titans have made no secret about their desire to sign a strike centre after the loss of James Roberts during the off-season.

But the emergence of Nathan Davis, who made his debut at right centre in Round 1, the signature of John Olive from South Sydney and the potential of Brian Kelly and Greg Leleisiuao has the club watching their own backyard closely to ensure they do not lose their own rising stars as they chase a big name.

“It’s only Round 2. We’ve got to see what we’ve got within our own club, you’ve got to take that bit of time,’’ Canavan said.

The Titans remain in discussions with halfback Kane Elgey and his management and are expected to enter formal contract negotiations in the coming days with both parties keen to finalise a deal.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...796a49717b3614
    Psmitty

Anyone have any idea if this is good or not. Quick google search and he comes up in a lot of other peoples highlight reels. I'm guessing he makes the England side so that's better than nothing.

I like the idea of having international players in our squad especially as it means he cannot play origin. If he is good enough to be a starting player for us it pptentially means less disruption during the mid season rep schedule.

I don't know much about him and I have only just started watching Super League again.

But I welcome any return to the England experiment which was a part of our original 2007 strategy. Although Mathers and Carney didn't work out for different reasons.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This is what Canavan does , he has a superb eye for talent & wont pay overs
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This is what Canavan does , he has a superb eye for talent & wont pay overs
    so is Sarginson good?

Konrad Hurrell in the frame for NRL return, Titans move unlikely
    March 11, 2016 10:59pm
    Chris GarryThe Courier-Mail

THE Warriors are adamant the Titans aren’t getting their hands on Konrad Hurrell with the giant centre’s return to first grade imminent.

Hurrell was shopped to the Titans last month by a third party, not related to the Warriors.

The Titans were interested in the hulking back but the trail went cold quick.

It is believed the Hurrell team saw his reserve grade stint coming and wanted to move to a club where he would start.

McFadden said following New Zealand’s loss to the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium that Hurrell would not be leaving Auckland even though he can’t crack their 17.

He recently re-signed with the club and would need to be released if he wanted to leave but in rugby league players are released just months into new contracts.

“He is contracted to us so I am not sure where the rumours come from but from our perspective we are committed to Konrad,” McFadden said.

The Warriors lost two backs to injury against Brisbane, winger Manu Vatuvei and centre Blake Ayshford, clearing a path for Hurrell to return.

“He is in the frame. We have a couple of injuries,” McFadden said.

“Our second grade side play tomorrow so we will have a good look at that.

“Defensively, he is working on that and improving. It is taking out those unforced errors out of his game.”

The Warriors needed Hurrell at Suncorp Stadium as they struggled to impact a tiring Brisbane team.

The second loss in a row for the Warriors has increased the pressure on McFadden who needs a winning streak to keep his job.

Just watching Wigan v Leeds and from the half a game I've seen Sarginson plays a good game. Created a couple of tries, had a high work rate, got involved on both sides of the field to create overlaps, good under a high ball and kick returns. I've seen a lot worse names thrown around here as potential centres we may possible sign.

Cant see why some blokes are saying Henry is under pressure? Everyone knows we are a developing squad... Not to get the spoon would surprise alot of people. His real test is when he has taylor with a year under his belt and elgey both in the squad with the outside backs coming through.
    Always one for improving our squard but I would guess this Sarginson guy wouldnt be till next year? Do we need him? We have a few young boys who will be one year older pushing for those centre spots(Olive, Nene, GL, Kelly)

I will be very disappointed if Zillman plays this week. I know he is our captain, but I think Olive and Davis have earned the right to play in the positions they are currently playing in. If i could have my way i wouldn't even have hoffman in our lineup.

Probs something like:
    1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Nene
    4. Davis
    5. Olive

- - - Updated - - -

can soemone tell Henry that Zillman is the worng choice for FB

Hoffman was excellent for us at centre last week Barrels. His defence was huge for us He'd be in my side always. I think it's Nene comes in on the wing for Olive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    I will be very disappointed if Zillman plays this week. I know he is our captain, but I think Olive and Davis have earned the right to play in the positions they are currently playing in. If i could have my way i wouldn't even have hoffman in our lineup.

Probs something like:
    1. Mead
    2. Don
    3. Nene
    4. Davis
    5. Olive

- - - Updated - - -

can soemone tell Henry that Zillman is the worng choice for FB
    Zillman confirmed out for this week.

Hi I am new to this site but I looked at Sarginson a few times now when I first heard they were interested in him I m not sure whet the see in him really. I would rather keep the spot open for a U/20 to step up then sign him as maybe a good centre Or go after a I/20 from last year he had a good year for the rooster but no-one know who he is name in Charlie Taylor look him up this is hie stats http://www.nrl.com/stats/holdencup/p...3/default.aspx I also think Nene Macdonald is better suited on the left side of the field

Welcome JAF ... no doubt Macdonald is a left centre, Taylor's stats look solid rather than impressive but why not?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Euan Aitken dropped from today's Dragons game. Let's play a game. How long before a media outlet links him to the Titans as an answer to our centre issue?