Page 63 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13 53 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 73 113 ... LastLast

He was worth 300 a year when we signed him, he still his now. Just because he won a few awards doesnt make him worth any more than he was originally. Agree Loyalty is a two street, but he's playing is overrated by many and although alot of us will lament him leaving, it's most certainly not the end of world. He'll return to sydney, get himself into trouble and get sacked again. Alot of his team mates said he got a drunk a few times up on the coast and was a handful. Imagine loose in Sydney with Mundine in hhis ear. Clubs bigger than James Roberts. Good riddance.

Roberts is being fast tracked to becoming the most over rated player in the comp
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

anyone suscribe to courier mail?
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/subscr...type=anonymous

do we get included i cant view it

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Roberts is being fast tracked to becoming the most over rated player in the comp
    I'm quite enthused that Lozza's considering him for Origin duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    anyone suscribe to courier mail?
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/subscr...type=anonymous

do we get included i cant view it
    You can usually get around a pay block by putting the headline into a google search and clicking on the top result.

TITANS

Predicted finish: 16th

Unfortunately one side has to come last and the Titans are the popular pick to do that.

They don’t have the money to compete with the best teams when it comes to buying players and losing Sezer, Myles and now Roberts is a huge blow. Their challenge is to fight their way as far up from the bottom of the ladder as they can.

people had us picked to come last with roberts in our team too. add to this we've always been favourites for the spoon and predictions like these mean nothing to me.

I've been watching RL since the 1980s, and was in Gosford last year for the Titans vs Bulldogs game.

That try that James Roberts scored in that game was the best I had ever seen. I recommend anyone watch it again.

People bagging him over lack of loyalty etc is BS.

He should still be in our colours, and it's not his fault he no longer is.

No doubt the club stuffed up but lets not pretend James is innocent. We threw him a lifeline when no one else would after he was sacked by Souths and Penrith for alcohol issues. Then he was arrested on the Gold Coast for more problems with alcohol. We could have sacked him there and then but we showed loyalty and gave him a THIRD chance. Don't you think he owed us a bit despite us stuffing up his contract (which was only an origin bonus)?

I honestly believe James used that 'forgery' (I'm still not convinced it was a forgery) as a way to get out of the club. Also having Mundine the grub in your ear wouldn't help.

RANT OVER! Can we please stop talking about James Roberts? He's moved on..it's the past now.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    No doubt the club stuffed up but lets not pretend James is innocent. We threw him a lifeline when no one else would after he was sacked by Souths and Penrith for alcohol issues. Then he was arrested on the Gold Coast for more problems with alcohol. We could have sacked him there and then but we showed loyalty and gave him a THIRD chance. Don't you think he owed us a bit despite us stuffing up his contract (which was only an origin bonus)?

I honestly believe James used that 'forgery' (I'm still not convinced it was a forgery) as a way to get out of the club. Also having Mundine the grub in your ear wouldn't help.

RANT OVER! Can we please stop talking about James Roberts? He's moved on..it's the past now.
    here here

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    I've been watching RL since the 1980s, and was in Gosford last year for the Titans vs Bulldogs game.

That try that James Roberts scored in that game was the best I had ever seen. I recommend anyone watch it again.

i reckon we could find one of Hayne or Barba's form their purple patches that would match it. I might try and do some comparisons tonight.

EDIT: just found it and watched it...my lawd. it was sharp, elusive, strong etc... but id be surprised if it was the best try of the ROUND!

seriously, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i can tell your pissed about losing him, but to say that is the best try in 35 years of watching rugby league is mental.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 22-12-15 at 09:53 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i reckon we could find one of Hayne or Barba's form their purple patches that would match it. I might try and do some comparisons tonight.

EDIT: just found it and watched it...my lawd. it was sharp, elusive, strong etc... but id be surprised if it was the best try of the ROUND!

seriously, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i can tell your pissed about losing him, but to say that is the best try in 35 years of watching rugby league is mental.
    Best try I have seen in the flesh easily (at all levels) Happened right in front of me.

Everyone has their opinions. I could say Mal Meninga's try in the 2nd test of the 1990 Kangaroo tour vs GB, but I wasn't there.

P.s Are you the real David Bouveng? cause I watched you plenty when playing for the Seagulls in 94.

Best try I have seen in the flesh easily (at all levels) Happened right in front of me.

Everyone has their opinions. I could say Mal Meninga's try in the 2nd test of the 1990 Kangaroo tour vs GB, but I wasn't there.

P.s Are you the real David Bouveng? cause I watched you plenty when playing for the Seagulls in 94.
    if you mean in the flesh then thats a bit different.

no im not the real DB. he and danny peacock were my favourite seagulls, but peaCOCK didnt pass the filters, so i went with bouveng.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    if you mean in the flesh then thats a bit different.

no im not the real DB. he and danny peacock were my favourite seagulls, but peaCOCK didnt pass the filters, so i went with bouveng.
    Danny Peacock! My all time favourite GC player. Played without any fear, charging into the defensive line without fail, and built like a twig!

i too have been watching league since the 80s, I've seen Shannon walker score at least 10 tries better than that one including one in which he beat the entire team, but what does it matter?

He wanted out of the club cause he wants success and money, I don't blame him. Being compared to GI and being paid less than Zillman lolol
    Last edited by teke; 22-12-15 at 12:55 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

... and being paid less than Zillman lolol
    Wow, you can't blame Jimmy wanting out considering that fact. But hey, at least we've secured Zillman for another two years. No one is getting their hands on him, he's all ours!