Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    I'll have to start watching some Wigan games. Lets try keep the reporting up on how he is going....
    He runs like a gumby but IMO he'd prob be the teams number 1 centre, there is a bit of class about him.

He just has to show it in the NRL
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sarginson i have only seen 2 plays of his 1 he gets smashed and drops the ball and the other1 a prop out runs him to the ball
    So not to much to go on
    I think we have young talent just as good just need time to be nrl standard
    Olive and Davis have proved a bit this year so far Macdonald is wasted on the wing.
    But its a done deal hope he proves me wrong and become 1 of the best
    I think a prop a hooker and FB are what we need from 2017 on wards
    But have good players coming up in the U/20 have a few good 2nd rowers and some very good backs
    I rate Robert-davis as 1 of the best coming up and should take Dons spot in the near future
    like i said before Mitch Rien would be good for us next year would be like Friend this year solid in the center for 80min

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agree with all that 5 Year although I am thinking our depth is generally ok now and that what we really need is some class. Obviously class players are scarce but I reckon a class FB, centre and at least one forward (probably two with a hooker included) is what we need now if such players come on to the market. Not sure Hurrell fits that bill.
    Agreed! I can see us shedding Hoffman, Don, Mead, Zillman in the coming seasons so its going to take a marquee back signing (hoping we throw the kitchen sink at munster) and go with our youth. I think we still lack a decent hooker (although with Elgey back is Roberts a possibility??) and definitely a marquee forward (if broncos are rumoured to make Milford the games richest player then surely there could be one available). Have got to admit though with us only really chasing 3 big signings given our salary cap and being able to rely on the outstanding junior talent coming through is pretty refreshing.

I watched him one morning after the rumours started. He seems to play all over the field (based on this one game), so he's not lazy, he was a workhorse, he creates the extra man overlap in attack. He had a hand in two tries.

I was thinking the same thing as far as Don. Zillman I'm hoping is a given not to get a contract renewal. Meady I hope we will renew but Hoffy I wouldn't be to concerned with.

Will start watching Wigan games when I can now to see how he goes. Sounds like he is a little inconsistent but has a lot of promise. Hope we bring the best out in him.

According to Chris Garry we are a big chance to keep Meady. Let's hope so, even if he'll be booted from the #1 jersey in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    Mitch Rein/80min Elijah Taylor/back up off the bench Jazz Tevaga/back up and only young got big future I would look at these 3 for the hooker role next year and I would not re-sign Srama Mosley Mortimer as for FB the only 1 of contract at the end of the year is Coots or Milford (but Broncos not let him go) James Segeyaro Nathan Peats are also of contract but to me are to injure prone Mead is also up for contract and really does deserved to be re-signed as always been good player for us Leivaha Pulu Nathaniel Peteru Nathan Davis should also be re-signed Anthony Don Lachlan Burr I am only 50/50 with re-signing Jeff Lynch also not sure as i never seen him play
    Either you have a very good crystal ball or inside info on Mitch Rein. See we are looking at him.

THE CASHED-UP Gold Coast Titans are eyeing off a marquee-piece to complete their spine in 2017 and have reportedly turned their attention to in form Dragons hooker Mitch Rein.

Rein, one of the hottest free agents on the open market, is believed to be in no hurry to re-sign with the joint-venture which has left the door ajar for the surging Gold Coast franchise to pounce.

The Titans, who have surprised everyone by opening the season with three wins from four starts, have recently secured the services of playmaker Kane Elgey long-term and look to have recruited a gem in rookie Ash Taylor. Now, the club is on the hunt to find the right rake to complement the young duo and the Kiama Knights junior is certainly in their sights.

The reports come off the back of yesterday’s news that the Titans had lured England international Dan Sarginson on a two-year deal commencing next season.

The club currently has four hookers on their books (Nathan Friend, Daniel Mortimer, Kierran Moseley and Matt Srama), all of which are off contract at season’s end.

Friend is expected to retire and Matt Srama, who recently sustained an anterior cruciate ligament rupture, is expected to be released. Moseley and Mortimer are currently playing for new deals.

Rein, 25, was rumoured to be on his way out of the club late last year as the Dragons wrestled with the decision to pursue unwanted Tigers hooker Robbie Farah.

Ironically, it looks as though Rein could be the man to take Farah’s No.9 Blues jersey this year following his sensational form in the Dragons’ past two wins.

Rein has been criticised in the past for his distribution from dummy half but there are few hookers with a better running game and knack for exploiting staggered defensive lines.

The Dragons other off-contract star, Benji Marshall, will more than likely leave the club at season’s end. The joint-venture are the front runners to sign premiership-winning fullback Lachlan Coote with the intention of pairing him in the halves with captain Gareth Widdop and could announce his signing in the coming weeks.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans...10919635615955
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I watched him one morning after the rumours started. He seems to play all over the field (based on this one game), so he's not lazy, he was a workhorse, he creates the extra man overlap in attack. He had a hand in two tries.

I was thinking the same thing as far as Don. Zillman I'm hoping is a given not to get a contract renewal. Meady I hope we will renew but Hoffy I wouldn't be to concerned with.
    I'd be happy to re-sign Meady have him in contention for the outside but not as the fullback option we really need a strike fullback. The biggest thing for me was seeing Mead on that break against the Tigers and realised just how much pace he has lost when he was easily chased down.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I'd be happy to re-sign Meady have him in contention for the outside but not as the fullback option we really need a strike fullback. The biggest thing for me was seeing Mead on that break against the Tigers and realised just how much pace he has lost when he was easily chased down.
    He's lost pace but that had to do more with the massive amount of running he does at FB than big pace loss, off the top of my head he'd still be the fastest fb in the comp. You got guys like Holmes getting chewed up by Cooper Cronk and Munster getting burnt by Barba.

He'll be playing first grade for another 4/5 yrs, I just hope it's not here.
    Last edited by teke; 31-03-16 at 02:24 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Here a new hooker we should have a chat to as well Andrew McCullough been a few thing said and looks like he is not happy there
    Has 2 years to go but maybe worth a chat as it seem contracts these days not mean much.
    Hey does anyone know if Lawton is any good as I not seen him play
    Most people are say we need a strike FB and I agree I know Sarginson is playing FB not sure if he is what we need
    has anyone got any videos on Sarginson ?
    I like our forward pact now and we have still got Peteru and young Oshae Tuiasau to come into the side again as well
    I think these 2 will take Douglas and Shillos spots in a couple of season

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Will start watching Wigan games when I can now to see how he goes. Sounds like he is a little inconsistent but has a lot of promise. Hope we bring the best out in him.
    Fox sports 501 now for Sarginson. He had a nice try assist in the first half.

I hope we aren't still looking at Hurrell. Anyone else watching the Roosters v Warriors? Dropped balls, penalties. Nothing good.

Didn't know where to put this but found it interesting.

Gold Coast Titans’ leadership group conducting brutal honesty sessions after every match

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry has introduced brutal honesty sessions after creating a leadership group to bring accountability to the team.

A group of Titans speak candidly behind closed doors after every match.

Despite boasting a host of youngsters, the Titans have one of the most experienced squads in the NRL with four players — Nathan Friend, Luke Douglas, Greg Bird and David Shillington — who have played more than 200 NRL games.

Henry’s leadership group also contains William Zillman, Josh Hoffman, Zeb Taia, David Mead, Chris McQueen, Ryan James and injured halfback Kane Elgey, touted a future captain.

The group held a lengthy discussion after last Friday’s 24-16 loss to Brisbane and Taia said the sessions were a factor in the Gold Coast’s solid start to the season.

“There’s a big group of us that take the responsibility,” he said.

“There’s a lot of experience. We should all be leaders in the team.

“It’s good when a young dude chips an old fella to keep them in line.

“I’m enjoying the role of giving tips to the younger guys in the side and to give a bit of input in what gets done.”

While the Titans lack class in some parts of the field, they make up for it with determination.

They have not given up or been disgraced at any stage in the opening five rounds but face a tough assignment when they travel to Cronulla on Sunday.

Taia said the players had been made accountable under Henry’s guidance.

“If someone’s made a mistake or gone away from our systems … we’re all held accountable for what we do in the team” he said.

“Being honest with your teammates will go a long way to being a successful organisation and team ...

“Everyone knows there’s someone biting at their heels to get into the side.

“That’s why the boys are competing hard. No one wants to be told to move on and get dropped because the next dude to come in will make the most of it.”

Mead debuted for the Titans in 2009 and has racked up 134 appearances at his only NRL club.

The courageous fullback said he was relishing his involvement in the leadership group.

Henry will name his team for the Sharks clash with Tyrone Roberts (knee) still under an injury cloud.

sounds positive

Interest in the thoughts of others. Niko from the Broncos is being looked at by Dragons I would like us to have a crack at him instead of Rein. He would have comfort that he knows ATAY plays. Worth a look I think. A
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Nothing against him but we have enough depth with Elgey, Taylor, Roberts, Cullen and possibly Fogarty don't we?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.