Page 128 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    No thanks to the razor
    What about Ethan Lowe?

- - - Updated - - -

I could see Mortimer moving to Manly before June 30.......They need him. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    What about Ethan Lowe?

- - - Updated - - -

I could see Mortimer moving to Manly before June 30.......They need him. Haha.
    I'm happy for no back rower to be linked with our club for at least another 12 months
    #itaintweaktospeak

So Hurrell is now below Jono Wright in the pecking order for a call up into 1st grade, which means one of two things, Hurrell is terrible or the rumours are true and McFadden won't waste time playing him.

I think we might of seen over the first few rounds we dont need him anyway? Just give the young bloods a shot, they are doing good.

Yep, the young guys need game time this season which I can certainly live with ... the long term benefits to the team and the community outweigh Konrad Hurrell (pun intended) ... see what I did there Shamus?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Did anyone read this, especially the highlighted bit.

Gold Coast Titans planning for next season with space in salary cap

THE Titans are an NRL rarity, a club only using 90 per cent of their salary cap to try and win a premiership.

Which is why Gold Coast officials have scoffed at rumours they are trying to poach Bronco Matt Gillett.

The Sunday Mail understands the Titans are primarily concerned about filling their current roster and re-signing players rather than chasing 2017 recruits.

The Titans are the lone NRL club to have significant cap space left for this season and last night faced a Wests Tigers team who had to shed players in the off season just to get under the cap.

The Titans have two places in their top 25 left to fill and enough money left in the cap to sign two quality NRL players.

They are waiting patiently for the right players to sign, with coach Neil Henry refusing to impulse buy just to use the cap. It is a brave stance.

Titans officials believe they should have two players signed by the end of May.

Round 10 is the date when NRL clubs typically look to offload players they feel aren’t working out or could put them over the cap through bonuses and match fee payments.

Parramatta’s current salary cap drama may prompt them to release players while teams who have made major roster changes over the off-season, such as Manly, may lose patience with their new recruits.

The NRL-owned Titans can’t sign players for this season beyond June 30.

Gillett is one of few Kangaroos players off-contract this year.

It is a relatively soft year for off-contract NRL players with Gillett, Lachlan Coote and potentially the Tigers halves of Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses the leading players on the market.

Cooper Cronk remains off contract but is close to re-signing with Melbourne.

Gillett’s name was emailed to the Titans as part of a list of off-contract players they may be interested in, a common practice among player managers.

They could yet make a play for him if he is still available in two months but they want to re-sign David Mead, Nathan Friend, Anthony Don, Nathan Davis and other players at the club first.

The only player the Titans are actively trying to sign for 2017 is Wigan centre Dan Sarginson who is close to signing with the Gold Coast.

Here is the list of players the Titans have been linked to in the media this year.

Krisnan Inu, Konrad Hurrell, Luke Keary, Peter Mata’utia, Lloyd Perrett, Chris Grevsmuhl, Luke Brooks, Dan Sarginson and Gillett.

Of those, the Titans showed some interest in Perrett, Sarginson, Inu, and Matautia.

We should keep the cheque book closed unless a topline Hooker, Fullback or centre come on the market. If Bird goes maybe we can replace him. Plenty of talent at the club now we just need to show patience with them.

Isn't Segeyaro open to approaches? He'd do me, otherwise I would like the club just to focus on our young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Isn't Segeyaro open to approaches? He'd do me, otherwise I would like the club just to focus on our young guys.
    Karl Lawton has packed on a lot of size in the off season I would like to see him get a bench spot at some stage throughout the year
    #itaintweaktospeak

Davis and Olive have shown we have young guys coming through, but if Koni becomes available i have no qualms in picking him up.

and as much as we need young guys, if koni winds up and delivers then we will find a few extra fans come along to watch him go.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Karl Lawton has packed on a lot of size in the off season I would like to see him get a bench spot at some stage throughout the year
    No problem from me, in fact I don't subscribe to waiting until the end of season to blood new talent ... right now we have no expectations on the team so any time is the time.

I think they should look at Jazz Tevaga he was a great player last year u/20 had his first game with the warriors today (hooker)
    did a good job big heart but need time like most young guys. As for the big guy from the Konrad Hurrell i really think he a bit like Taylor aka Coal Train waste of money I would sooner they give the young guys a go but we do need a Fullback Meady is our best but he still not the right 1 for us need someone like Slater to set our defense and can turn a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Just-a-Fan View Post
    need someone like Slater to set our defense and can turn a game.
    You make it sound like there are a few Immortal FBs lying around waiting to be snapped up
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

no Teke just stating what i think we need I not say there are FB lying around at all I happy the way Mead is playing dont get me wrong.

I hope we are approaching Valentine Holmes. We have a fullback position for him.