Page 27 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 127 ... LastLast

I reckon McQueen will be better for us than most people are giving him credit for. He may well have been overshadowed a bit at Souths but he will be a weapon for us on an edge.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

walker is a pretty scary talent. his movement in traffic is so smooth. he has those small moves that NFL players use.

Jimmy is a more blistering pace and strength to break free. more aggression

im really happy with Jimmy, but both are elite kids and anyone is lucky to have them.

- - - Updated - - -

and Mcqueen looks he will come here now. unless Manly somehow decide to keep effing with us and just stockpile him cos they can.

He could / should be a good edge runner in the gav cooper mould running of LG instead of JT. i can live with that.

McQueen would be good, J. Roberts is a Titan surely and Walker? ... nah, he's just heading to Manly and shouldn't feature here at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Statistically, Roberts was superior to Walker in 2015. Attack-wise, Walker's 2015 was way, way down on his 2014. Jimmy averaged more metres per game, off less runs per game. He also bettered Walker in tries (16 to 13), try assists (5 to 3), line breaks (15 to 11), line break assists (8 to 4) and tackle breaks (98 to 71). Though, Walker did lead him in offloads (15 to Roberts' 13).

Defensively, Walker averaged 11.8 tackles to Roberts' 10.6, although Roberts had less missed tackles per game (1.1 to Walker's 2.1) and had a better effective tackle percentage (84.7% to Walker's 82%). Errors are where Roberts' struggles the most. He had 28 in 2015, to Walker's 17.

Stats for both are pretty close. Keep in mind this was Roberts' first full season in first grade (Walker has had 2 "full" years, with 16 games in his rookie year 2013). When it comes to try scoring, Roberts has 1 less try in 10 less games, for a better strike rate than Walker. To me, 2015 showed Roberts can perform in a struggling team. I'm yet to see that in Walker. I guess you could say Souths struggled in 2015 but even then, Walker's numbers were a lot worse compared to 2014.

Gun to my head, I'd take him over Walker. Its close though. To say one is "easily" better than the other is ridiculous.

Didn't know where to put this but Pete_Badel tweeting that we will kickoff our season against the Knights on a Sunday.

I thought this was a signing rumour forum not a walker vs roberts comparison group
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Other than Cherry-Dckhead our biggest miss in the rumoured signings has been Tapau.
    He would of been a great Marquee face and install a bit of Titan toughness. sux we missed out.

Ttue^ but now I think of it, not sure Taupau would've been good with the new interchange laws

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Didn't know where to put this but Pete_Badel tweeting that we will kickoff our season against the Knights on a Sunday.
    Surely they will not make the earlier mistakes again and have this game at 1pm. Even 3pm on a Sunday is too hot that time of the year. The Titans made a request last year to avoid the 1pm (2pm elsewhere) game after the farce of previous years.
    We probably should have a 2016 draw thread if the mods want to move this.

EDIT: Game is 5.30pm Sunday so ok weather wise.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 27-11-15 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Surely they will not make the earlier mistakes again and have this game at 1pm. Even 3pm on a Sunday is too hot that time of the year. The Titans made a request last year to avoid the 1pm (2pm elsewhere) game after the farce of previous years.
    We probably should have a 2016 draw thread if the mods want to move this.
    The game against the Tigers was by far the worst game I have ever been too. Took me a while to get back there after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    The game against the Tigers was by far the worst game I have ever been too. Took me a while to get back there after that one.
    Well this year the Tigers is round 3 with an 8.30pm Saturday kickoff so you will not get heatstroke at that time. A late night that one.
    Broncos at home April fools day - Friday.

NOTE: I have copied the full Titans draw to a new thread.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 27-11-15 at 03:28 PM.

What's everybody's thought on Michael Hagan as a possible Football Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Mate I have already thought of him. Asked a Jurno and he said that Hagan is moving to Nelson Bay.

I think that he would / will be great for our club. However I guess his mind could get changed tho!!'
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    I think he would be an asset to the club......however Meninga is likely to be made aussie coach on Monday and they are talking that Hagan is a frontrunner for the Qld job.

Heard on the news , we're sounding him out about may be taking on the role. Also something from left field - Titans Christmas Party any idea when & where ?. Only reason I'm asking is because i want to get organised to get up there , always enjoyed them.