Page 112 of 143 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Actually considering how vital the makeup of the bench will be with the reduced interchange this year I think he is a very handy player to have in the 17. Can cover (9,7,6).
    He can only cover 9. Im happy we've decided to play him on the bench this year and for the sub hooker role too. Very smart by Henry, as Mortimer turns immortal when playing there.
    Other than that he's useless
    #ThruNThru

Just saw this on Twitter from 7 News.

LATER on 7 News: Exclusive info. Troubled Origin star Greg Bird could be returning to Sydney. #NRL #7News
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post

LATER on 7 News: Exclusive info. Troubled Origin star Greg Bird could be returning to Sydney. #NRL #7News
    who needs Birdy when we have #KingAgnatius ... Nah forreal if this is true then we better have a replacement on the cards but knowing the Titans it'll be promoting Lachlan Burr.

Is this also tied into the 'Roosters recruitment news' on Twitter? If so we should trade Birdy for Napa/Guerra.

Although I would be kinda gutted if we lost Birdy, he really loves this club and in the past few weeks he's really defended us in the media (Roberts saga)

Gutted if he goes. Biggest kick in the guts.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Massoud
    FIRST @7NewsSydney tonight: @sydneyroosters eying GREG BIRD to bolster forward pack. Bird has an option in his favour @GCTitans for 2017.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Actually considering how vital the makeup of the bench will be with the reduced interchange this year I think he is a very handy player to have in the 17. Can cover (9,7,6).
    LOL, wouldnt waste a bench on him. If a hooker/half goes down, bird can shift into, roberts to hooker, etc alot better options... need a live wire on the bench like broncos do.

There has always been talks of birdy going back to Sydney but has never happened. Roosters need a forward this year due to injury's, not next.

and if we lost Bird, i would want Napa or TKO. Guerra ok, but Mcqueen is similar. rather a punishing lock like TKO or a wild prop like Napa.

TKO is brilliant. Don't think Birdy will leave though.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Roosters are probably looking at him, doubt he'd want out atm
    #ThruNThru

Anyone surprised by this just after he was snubbed for captaincy
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I think he would understand why. I can see him as captain in 2017 unless they give it to elgey early to entice him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Anyone surprised by this just after he was snubbed for captaincy
    He is a grown man, isn't he? ... with business interests on the Coast ... pee-ing, drugs, suspensions but still on a good wicket, if he goes next year then stiff bickies just like his mate Myles and take Timbaa with ya!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I believe the story revolves around the Roosters inquiring into Brids services for 2017 but I doubt he'll leave ( although we said similar phrases over Roberts and DCE). I would be a little bit sad if he did leave. I am a big fan of his passion but he needs to get stuff sorted off the field and stop giving away stupid penalties on it. besides, it's not like he'd captain the roosters.

In 2017 I don't care where he goes as we'll have time to sign someone (but probably wont) however it's too late in 2016 to be trying to fill his spot if he left early. Probably just his Manager trying to talk up extra cash especially as we have no one to spend it on.

Inactive User

I think this is the usual Sydney/Brisbane Hate media trying to stir up problems on season eve.
    Birdy I think realised that long term beyond Footy the GC is the place for him and his family, Birdy and his Mrs have built up huge respect in the community in a similar way to Mat Rogers and Chloe Maxwell and I strongly doubt he would throw that away.

I know he has an ego like we all do,however surely he realises it takes more than 12 months of good deeds and behaviour to overcome the stain and tarnish of peeing in public and cocaine court appearances.

No other club would make him Captain, at least on the Gold Coast he gets treated as a legitimate leader, spokesperson and is treated with respect.

Having said that, I often end up eating my words and heartbroken when it comes to League players.

Go Titans

Another rumor to start the season & what a surprise the Titans are involved again, I don't think he will be going anywhere due to business commitments but if he did we'll move on...this clubs most important signing in history is Canavan so I'm happy to sit back & see what or more importantly who he brings to the club for 17'
    #itaintweaktospeak