Page 134 of 143 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Nothing against him but we have enough depth with Elgey, Taylor, Roberts, Cullen and possibly Fogarty don't we?
    I think he means as a hooker.

I don't know how mortimer keeps getting picked but surely he will be let go this season. We need an actually hooker, not a wannabe halfback. Rein, Segeyaro and even Nikorima would be perfect off the bench if Friendy decides to stay another year. Let go of mortimer and srama. Don't know what to do Cullen, we'll see how he goes on sunday i guess. could be good depth or cover incase LG never fully recovers from his injury (If that happens, I will be so cut tho).

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I think he means as a hooker.
    Sorry my mistake Titanic. TS is right with my thoughts. As a hooker. I hope we have Friendy around again next year with a player like Nikorima. Then we can bring in Lawton next year as well with a view of 2018 without Friend. As I said just thoughts.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Has the Moseley experiment finished? Niko would be a fantastic addition though. Once again, try and pry a wanted player away from the Broncos and you're dreaming. The never ending third party pit kicks in. Just look at what Nikorama did to us on Friday.

Keep hearing mixed reports on Friend whether or not he's retiring this year or not. I'm sure someone on here could give a better idea.

https://m.soundcloud.com/fox-sports-...ster-decisions
    Very interesting interview with Brian Canavan, it's great to hear how competent and knowledgable our COO is, but not only that, it's really refreshing to hear this panel have nothing but praise for the Titans. They start talking about us at about the 3 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Very interesting interview with Brian Canavan, it's great to hear how competent and knowledgable our COO is, but not only that, it's really refreshing to hear this panel have nothing but praise for the Titans. They start talking about us at about the 3 minute mark.
    After listening to that its hard not to come away some what excited in what lies ahead for the titans, Canavan installs so much confidence when he speaks and as it has been mentioned on here before he is our biggest signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Thanks for that find and post. Thoroughly enjoyable listen.

Gold Coast Titans to table offer for Broncos enforcer Matt Gillett

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry has made Maroons enforcer Matt Gillett his prime recruitment target, declaring the Broncos hit-man could be a cornerstone of the Titans’ future.

Amid revelations the Dragons were keen on Gillett and Brisbane “supersub” Kodi Nikorima, Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has told the hard-hitting forward to stay at Red Hill.

But Henry revealed on Wednesday that the Titans were preparing to table an offer.

The Broncos are facing salary cap constraints in their bid to retain Gillett, who is in the final year of a deal worth up to $500,000 a season.

The Titans are expected to match Gillett’s Broncos contract in the hope of luring him to the rebuilding franchise ahead of circling Sydney clubs.

“They (Broncos) are saying they’re quite keen to keep him. We’re saying, if he’s available then we’d be interested in putting something together for him,” Henry said.

“He’s a quality player. He wants to stay close to home. He’s the type of player you can build your pack around. He’d certainly complement what we’ve got as well.”

Gillett has 12 Origin appearances under his belt and the 27-year-old is arguably in the form of his career. He has at least four more years left in the NRL.

The Titans have been well serviced by a backrowers Chris McQueen, Zeb Taia and Greg Bird this season but Gillett could add more punch to the rotation.

Gillett will face the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium on Thursday night and Henry said he had been impressed by his early-season form.

“He’s been really good,” the Titans supremo said.

“He’s been consistent for a long time but I think he’s stepped it up this year and has been outstanding. It (backrow) is an area we’re looking at moving forward.”

Gillett is one of a host of big-name Broncos off-contract this year, along with Nikorima and skipper Corey Parker. Bennett said he is confident of keeping Gillett and Nikorima, who is testing his value on the open market.

“I’ve told them both I would like them to stay,” he said. “If the Dragons want them, they won’t see the potential in just one weekend, I can tell you that.

“When you recruit, you are recruiting for more than one performance, you are looking for consistency over a period of time.”

Surely they can't be serious, matching the offer. Oh yeah he is really going to leave the Drongos and come to us for the same money.

well we all know the broncos never have salary cap pressures so it will all be pointless in the end anyway.

If they're prepared to spend 500k on one player, I hope it's on someone who can offer more than what Gillett can. Sorry, I just don't rate him as a 500k a season player, 350k tops.

I think the article eludes to the problem that the Broncos wouldn't be able to match his current contract which is $500K and that he would need to take a pay cut to stay. I'd happily have him here. Fierce defender, can score a try or two and origin player. Makes our club become more attractive to others, he's even making Roberts look like he's a good defender this year by tightening up that edge. Hope they go hard but the only players anyone gets from the Broncos is the players Bennett doesn't want.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think the article eludes to the problem that the Broncos wouldn't be able to match his current contract which is $500K and that he would need to take a pay cut to stay. I'd happily have him here. Fierce defender, can score a try or two and origin player. Makes our club become more attractive to others, he's even making Roberts look like he's a good defender this year by tightening up that edge. Hope they go hard but the only players anyone gets from the Broncos is the players Bennett doesn't want.
    I would be throwing the kitchen sink at Munster. If Cronk re-signs the storm have 3 of the top 7 highest paid players in their team. CQ Boy surely if we keep turning the club around we must look attractive. Munster, A decent Forward and a decent hooker is really all we need. I think we have great junior depth in our backs and both experience and up and coming forward pack.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hope they go hard but the only players anyone gets from the Broncos is the players Bennett doesn't want.
    The same can be said about Melbourne. The one exception was Inglis but that was forced on them.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The same can be said about Melbourne. The one exception was Inglis but that was forced on them.
    Folau?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Melbourne have lost - hoffman, folau, chambers ( he came back ), tomane, matt king, turner, brett white, aiden tolman, Adam blair, jeremy smith, mick crocker, sisa waqa, justin oneill, gareth widdop, and a few others...

all of them would walk into most teams in the NRL. so saying they don't lose players they want to keep is a huge insult to the storm. They have really only kept the three main players and losing important players as a result is the constant sacrifice they have to make.