Page 39 of 143 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Courier Mail article stating Roberts about to sign with Bennett's Broncos. He played us well. No way he was intending to stay and as Bird has stated, he wanted a way out and got one, albeit by our stupidity. F..k it's hard being a Titan's fan.
    If Roberts is going to sign with the Broncs, I reckon we should target Copley or Kahu. They should be able to fill the vacant right centre spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    It would have been a bit easier to take it if it were any other club but the Donkeys and of course Manly.
    Yeah, I hate it when our player go to rival clubs. At least when Princey played for them he was at the end of his rope and not going into the prime of his career.
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

Wow, the last few pages of this thread were a fun ride.

If it's true that Mundine is associated then it's pretty obvious what happened, the guy has a history of bad influence on young players.

As for JTJ, speed demons generally don't have long careers, and footy careers are short enough as it is. I can't blame him for trying to get the most $$$ to set up his post-footy life. Hope he goes well wherever he ends up, just as long as he doesn't play well against us...

This is becoming a tiny bit lolsy. His new manager has an awful lot to say and is going above and beyond trying to justify Roberts' defection and sudden interest in joining the Broncos. Both Donovan and Mundine have got in Jimmy's head, clearly. Poor kid.

Lafai meets with the Titans today...

We will once again we will be used to get more money out of the club he wants to play for. Given that Hiku is probably going to end up at Penrith that leaves the Saints and the Eels still in the hunt for a quality centre. If anyone here gets their hopes up on signing Lafai then I also have a bridge for sale down in Sydney. PM me for details.

Junior

It is a shame we keep pinning our hopes on signing players that other clubs have been happy to discard. I look forward to us getting excited about securing the player who was still genuinely wanted by his current club. Even DCE was on the nose at Manly when we initially scored his signature.
    When all is said and done however, regardless of whom we sign or do not sign the 2016 squad has a heap of new faces and the unknown quantity in that will at least provide some excitement for a few rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    This is becoming a tiny bit lolsy. His new manager has an awful lot to say and is going above and beyond trying to justify Roberts' defection and sudden interest in joining the Broncos. Both Donovan and Mundine have got in Jimmy's head, clearly. Poor kid.

Lafai meets with the Titans today...
    Lafai is touring the Titans facilities today? I guess that means he will walk around the Van parked on the grass at training

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    Lafai is touring the Titans facilities today? I guess that means he will walk around the Van parked on the grass at training

I think that with Lafai coming up here he is at least looking seriously at us. So at least we a serious thought for him.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Nene is raw as hell, but he was pretty damaging last year. HS or someone might find the stat for me, but he was smashing out 200+ meters every other game i reckon.

As i said he is raw... but if he can get a bit leaner ( go train with izzy folau and SBW please ) he will be pretty awesome.

I think Lafai will be a decent option. good hole runner out wide and pretty good defender from what i recall?

We need to play the waiting game for our bevvy of kids to come through now. walker to MAnly was made official wasnt it?

Junior

Hiku to Penrith has just been confirmed on the Panthers website.

Was John Olive to Titans for 2017 ever confirmed - would seem logical to try and bring that forward if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BatlowTigers View Post
    Hiku to Penrith has just been confirmed on the Panthers website.

Was John Olive to Titans for 2017 ever confirmed - would seem logical to try and bring that forward if possible.
    I am also hearing whispers of Lafai being a no go for the Titans after he toured the "facilities" and being hard-balled. However Copley looking very likely if JTJ goes to the Broncos
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

What does hard-balled mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    I am also hearing whispers of Lafai being a no go for the Titans after he toured the "facilities" and being hard-balled. However Copley looking very likely if JTJ goes to the Broncos
    Would love to know where you heard those Lafai rumours? Haven't seen anything anywhere.

If we don't end up with Lafai or Copley, we will certainly be in a bit of strife.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Would love to know where you heard those Lafai rumours? Haven't seen anything anywhere.

If we don't end up with Lafai or Copley, we will certainly be in a bit of strife.
    1. Robert Durham

2. Definitely. If we don't get at least one of them watch us end up getting Joel Reddy...

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    We will need some source if we are talking about a Hot Dog.