Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 86 136 ... LastLast

there's more to the story with roberts then what's being reported I think we are only getting the tip of the iceberg

Rep Player

Im also going to assume we have missed the boat on Hiku, Lafai and Walker....and if we haven't im assuming their management would be upping their asking price to send them here given our current situation for next year.

so....ummm...to all you optimists out there, do you see things getting better? Because I sure don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    so....ummm...to all you optimists out there, do you see things getting better? Because I sure don't.
    at least with the DCE situation there was a bright side... There isn't one this time.

Losing JR sucks. Our CEO is a sham, and our football operations staff, with a few exceptions, are imo barley of the standard required for modern day professional sports. Some of the roster decisions we've made in the past few years are an absolute embarrassment.... BUT for those saying there's nothing to look forward to, who want to go follow another team, I just can't drink that Kool-aid with y'all.

There is still far too much exciting young talent in this team, and in and around our catchment area, and far too much positive progress to throw in the towel now.

It's going to be another rough season in 2016, but im in for the long haul baby.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    there's more to the story with roberts then what's being reported I think we are only getting the tip of the iceberg
    Might be true mate. Also why would Bird come out and slam Roberts for not staying? We're there issues between the two ? Also some one also mentioned that Roberts and Lafai have history so maybe Roberts didn't want the Titans going after Lafai??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    To be honest looking at it now i can sorta say im also disappointed in Jimmy a bit too. I mena we saved his career when no one wanted hima nd he was living in a car, we protected him from his DUI and gave him a hefty 300k pa salary. And we offered him a car. It's not the best deal but sure a hell i little loyalty would be a nice change i guess :/
    With likes of Choc in his ear, managers, clubs etc.. are just doormats in their career. Sorry to say, but appears loyality plays no part in the decision making. It is what it is.

Speaking of that.. 'It is what it is' . This is the sort of mindset us Titans fans should take onboard. Here's a short vid to give you an insight.

Caution, plenty of swearing so NSFW... Killin' It With Paul Crik
    Last edited by Toads; 08-12-15 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Might be true mate. Also why would Bird come out and slam Roberts for not staying? We're there issues between the two ? Also some one also mentioned that Roberts and Lafai have history so maybe Roberts didn't want the Titans going after Lafai??
    Birds review of Roberts was pretty heavy. Bird wanted Roberts to stay and had been in his tent on their weekend camp. I have also heard Mead and Elgey are very unhappy with the way Roberts has ditched the Titans. And thats not even including how s*** Tyrone and Tyronne are gonna feel. And us, the poor fans who have done nothing wrong to warrant this.

So apparently Tim Lafai has headed up to the Gold Coast to check out the Titans facilities. Considering the trek that is from Sydney, you'd imagine he has a larger interest in signing then majority of us first thought

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    So apparently Tim Lafai has headed up to the Gold Coast to check out the Titans facilities. Considering the trek that is from Sydney, you'd imagine he has a larger interest in signing then majority of us first thought
    What facilities LMFAO.

We have nothing of Merit atm.
    On loosing JR i was expecting something to go down, Titans are good and ****in things up thats for sure, all you can do is sit back and laugh.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Junior

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr...-1227637797669

Maybe management should listen to some like Ben Ikin. He gets it why don't Titans management??

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr...-1227637797669

Maybe management should listen to some like Ben Ikin. He gets it why don't Titans management??
    I hardly ever listen to Ikin but he is spot on here. Our club is a joke if they think they won't have to pay overs to get players. We are at the bottom of the barrel for any player and rightly so. Titans management - spend up or we are in for a dark future.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Pat on the back for you mate but at the end of the day you're still posting here

Gold Coast Titans zero in on Canterbury centre Tim Lafai after James Roberts exit
    Nathan Ryan FOX SPORTS
    December 08, 2015 12:23PM

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry is zeroing in on unwanted Canterbury centre Tim Lafai after James Roberts quit the club as a result of a bungled deal.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal Henry has arranged to meet with the 24-year-old this week where he will deliver Lafai his pitch.

The Samoan international is also expected to tour the club’s facilities as he assesses his options after being granted a release from the final two-years of his deal with the Bulldogs.

Parramatta and St George Illawarra have already offered Lafai a two-year-deal with the centre nearing a decision.

While the Titans were originally eyeing Lafai as a partner in crime for attacking ace Roberts, his departure from the club does not impact Lafai.

“We will still pursue the Titans regardless of whether James Roberts is there or not,” a Runway Sports Management representative told foxsports.com.au.

“There is still a left side position available at the Titans.

“The market doesn’t change for us.”

The Titans are the latest club to ramp up their pursuit of Lafai, who made his NRL debut with the Bulldogs back in 2011, in the wake of Roberts’ dramatic exit from Robina on Monday night.

Roberts’ decision to walk out on the Titans after effectively becoming a free agent — a club staff member tampered with his contract, making it null and void — was a cruel blow for a club which has endured a horror run of controversy this year.

Having dealt with a drug scandal, Greg Bird losing his captaincy as a result of an incident where he publicly urinated on a police car and Daly Cherry-Evans backflipping on a deal to join the club — it’s been a trying year for Henry and CEO Graham Annesley.

The latest loss of Roberts, a speedster tipped to crack the NSW Origin side in coming years, is yet another cruel blow for the club.

Lafai is expected to make a call on his future by the end of next week as all NRL clubs prepare to break for the Christmas period.

While Lafai would have been within his rights to sit tight in Belmore, the arrival of Will Hopoate would have left Lafai languishing in NSW Cup, prompting the young gun to request a release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't stuff this one up Titans. Hope we don't make a fool of ourselves (well we have already accomplished that I think) by offering him his market value or below. We need to get Lafai even if it means paying overs.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I Dont want to play the conspiracy Illuminati card but does anyone find it odd that this contract bungle was discovered after Roberts won both the Dally M centre and International XIII Centre of the year. it just seems really strange to me, and Gus and Birdy. Pretty good time for a contract bungle to make you a free agent where you can command more money and get off scotch free as the club takes all the blame,