Page 60 of 143 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast

What do we want for Christmas? I would of thought being the last admin day a few signings might happen today.....

Teo would be nice.... A Copely/Roberts announcement....

A Teo/Copley/Mata'utia would do me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This! while still having a bad taste in my mouth of the Roberts saga those 3 signings would be enough to send me into the 2016 season with something resembling optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Santa couldn't could he
    just on the Roberts saga I dare say their is a lot of cards being dealt under the table between clubs on who is going where to fit him in but it has taken longer, hopefully titans holding a few aces

Ben Te'o is exactly what our forward pack needs ... Passion . Copley and Nene in the centres would be mint. Those two signings would definitely give me some hope for next season

If you want hope, go watch LG's youtube video in the other thread. I guess titans have a pretty good say in where Roberts end up too. In terms of other teams trying to offload other players to make him fit and titans either wanting them or saying nah as most teams would be at their limit.

Would it hurt to offer kevin locke a lifeline?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Always liked him but he seems a few kgs too heavy these days. Never been the same since he got the hip injury

rumor on one of the league forumes (just a rumor)

James Roberts wants Parramatta; does Parramatta want him?
    James Roberts wants to go to Parramatta because they don't have a top class full back in their squad, and Roberts wants to play full back.

But the problems are:

1. Roberts wants a lot of money, more than most clubs are willing to pay. Maybe that amount is negotiable if he gets a promise of a permanent spot at full back.

2. Parramatta want to keep their options open in case Jarryd Hayne returns to the NRL next year. If they sign Roberts now and Hayne returns, Parramatta would have no space under their salary cap for Hayne.(Hayne would then automatically go to the Roosters, who would in turn have to release Cordner to fit Hayne in).

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    James Roberts wants to go to Parramatta because they don't have a top class full back in their squad, and Roberts wants to play full back.
    Im hearing he's a done deal to bronx. if brisbane get GI and Teo, they are over the cap for sure. we need to play hard for teo, copley/ matuutia and teo wouuld do me

Teo is not looking likely to come back to League until at least 2017. He has strongly suggested that he want to be considered for English Rugby. Keep in mind that Corey Parker could pull the pin in 17 so that would also free up plenty of cap space to fit GI in.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    rumor on one of the league forumes (just a rumor)

James Roberts wants Parramatta; does Parramatta want him?

But the problems are:

1. Roberts wants a lot of money, more than most clubs are willing to pay. Maybe that amount is negotiable if he gets a promise of a permanent spot at full back.

2. Parramatta want to keep their options open in case Jarryd Hayne returns to the NRL next year. If they sign Roberts now and Hayne returns, Parramatta would have no space under their salary cap for Hayne.(Hayne would then automatically go to the Roosters, who would in turn have to release Cordner to fit Hayne in).
    Michael Gordon would be dirty then as he left Sharks to get a permanent gig at Fullback at the Eels.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Titans dont need Mata'utia, you have jnrs coming through that are better
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

nene on being selected (good to here that he is working on defence)

Aquis Titans utility back Nene Macdonald admits he was surprised to be selected in the first World All Stars team that will take on the Indigenous All Stars at Suncorp Stadium in February.

And he might get a bigger surprise if he has to match up with his former teammate, the lightning quick James Roberts, in the clash that is expected to draw a big crowd.

Macdonald, at 21 and with just 27 NRL games behind him, was a surprise choice in the side chosen by champion coach Wayne Bennett but it shows how his potential is regarded across the NRL.

He came to Titans halfway through last season when first grade opportunities had been sp**** with the high-flying Sydney Roosters and quickly established himself as a strong running centre or winger on the Gold Coast.

He becomes the fifth player in the Titans squad to compete in the popular pre-season match, joining Greg Bird, Ryan James, Tyrone Roberts who are in the Indigenous team for the February 13 clash and Kierran Moseley who played last season.

And if he comes onto the field in his Titans position of left centre, it might mean he has to contend with Roberts.

“I’m very surprised but excited too to play with some of the best players in the game and enjoy what everyone says is a great week,” said the PNG international who was born in Port Moresby.

“It’s pretty special to be picked by Wayne Bennett, he’s the best there is with his incredible record and it will be good to meet him and experienced playing under him.

“I watch the game every year and usually go for Indigenous boys, so this will be different.

"It's a big opportunity for me and I'm looking forward to it.”

Nene has an Australian father who was working in Port Moresby as an accountant when he met Nene’s mother. They returned to Australia, to Cairns, where Nene spent his school years before heading to Townsville’s Kirwan state high where he attended years 11 and 12 with current Titans teammate Keirran Moseley.

He was only 19 and hadn’t played NRL for the Roosters when he was chosen in the PNG side for the 2013 World Cup, playing in three matches, then represented his country of birth again in 2015 during the representative weekend on the Gold Coast, scoring a try against Fiji.

Now he finds himself on the representative stage again but it is what he does for the Titans this season that might define the direction of his career.

Coach Neil Henry has been impressed with his strong running but knows he has to improve his defence, an area he has been working hard in during the pre-season.

It is still open which position is Macdonald’s best as he has played centre, wing and fullback. With the club still searching to enhance the centre stocks, that’s where he is preparing to play.

“It’s been pretty tough pre-season but we have come together really tightly and everyone is keen to make sure the hard work pays off when the season starts,” he said.

“I don’t worry what position I play – I have played centre, fullback and winger – I just want to establish my position in the team.”