Page 29 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    If we can re-sign Roberts and sign up McQueen and Lafai suddenly our team looks a lot more threatening and competitive. I hope to hell we can wrap all of this up, because I would love to see those two at our club.

My only concern would be who partners Elgey, I have my doubts about A Taylor and T Roberts, I do think there is potential in both of them, however I also do have my doubts for next season and would be wary of our defence.

If we get Lafai it should force us to cement a fullback position, I would still love to see this backline next year:

1. James Roberts
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Nene Mcdonald/ Josh Hoffman/ Will Zillman (give JH or WZ to Super League, we only need one of them)
    4. Tim Lafai
    5. David Mead
    I think Tyrone Roberts is a really good signing. I think he will impress more than what people think.
    His defence is good and can break the line.

I also didn't mind Mcdonald at centre but he may be a couple of years away. Wing for now.

We have the Dally M centre of the year in Roberts, id be leaving him there.
    I have thought having your best player in the fullback position like 70/80% of clubs but there is also the argument of weakening one position to strengthen another.

My backline would be-

1- Hoffman
    2- Mcdonald/ Zillman
    3- Roberts
    4- Lafai
    5- Mead
    6- Roberts
    7- Elgey

Another shame is we weren't quicker off the mark with Grevsmuhl. If he wanted to stay in Sydney we cant do much but if he didn't we should of been in there competing with Penrith. He's a QLDer.

Jimmy basically said yesterday that he will say so we should be fine with him. McQueen also seems like a certainty now, which is great. I'd love to see us pick up Lafai too, seeing as by all reports Hoppa to Dogs is a done deal. I'll be very disappointed if we don't get at least one of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    I think Tyrone Roberts is a really good signing. I think he will impress more than what people think.
    His defence is good and can break the line.

I also didn't mind Mcdonald at centre but he may be a couple of years away. Wing for now.

We have the Dally M centre of the year in Roberts, id be leaving him there.
    I have thought having your best player in the fullback position like 70/80% of clubs but there is also the argument of weakening one position to strengthen another.

My backline would be-

1- Hoffman
    2- Mcdonald/ Zillman
    3- Roberts
    4- Lafai
    5- Mead
    6- Roberts
    7- Elgey

Another shame is we weren't quicker off the mark with Grevsmuhl. If he wanted to stay in Sydney we cant do much but if he didn't we should of been in there competing with Penrith. He's a QLDer.
    i doubt moving Jimmy to fullback strengthens that position, if he can run out a full game back there, cutout the handling errors and get some smart defensive nous I might be inclined to agree. He's not a FB the same reason Mead isn't, they are much better in other positions.

Getting Lafai could really strengthen this side. A big skilful body either side in Nene and Lafai partnered with the 2 speed weapons
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i doubt moving Jimmy to fullback strengthens that position, if he can run out a full game back there, cutout the handling errors and get some smart defensive nous I might be inclined to agree. He's not a FB the same reason Mead isn't, they are much better in other positions.

Getting Lafai could really strengthen this side. A big skilful body either side in Nene and Lafai partnered with the 2 speed weapons
    Yep totally agree and glad to see that you rate Mead playing to his strengths ... me too.

Zillman should not get within cooee or even Timbaa of our team if Lafai does the deal. Hoffman may not be great but he's our best option at the back in a team with some go forward and serious strike in the centres. We don't have to play like all the other teams and in fact we go far better when we don't try to.

This team would challenge for the top 8:

1. Hoffman
    2. McDonald
    3. Lafai
    4. J.Roberts
    5. Mead
    6. Elgey
    7. T.Roberts
    8. Shillington
    9. Friend
    10. Douglas
    11. McQueen
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James
    15. Taia
    16. Paasi
    17. take your pick but not Zillman or Mortimer
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Pettybourne isn't a backrower^^ he's more of a middle man

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Pettybourne isn't a backrower^^ he's more of a middle man
    Beg to differ. We cramp our centres with wide-running modern-style backrowers. We need some edge runners that stay on the edge and that's Pettybourne in my opinion. James, Taylor and Bird have truly choked our outside backs for years. Get the forwards generally playing the middle in attack and they can get out wider in defence.

We had to play that style with Minichiello and Laffranchi when we had nothing in the centres. I would love to see the team play a formation that wasn't the Broncos "everyone fits one mould" model.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-12-15 at 07:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm guessing 17 will be Moseley.

Would sooner have Simpkins - he offers more utility value imo

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Would sooner have Simpkins - he offers more utility value imo
    well yes he plays more positions so your opinion would be correct there in that he is more of a utility lol

We all know Timba will lock down that 17 jersey if the fb, wing and centres are all occupied

[QUOTE=Titanic;369775]Yep totally agree and glad to see that you rate Mead playing to his strengths ... me too.

Zillman should not get within cooee or even Timbaa of our team if Lafai does the deal. Hoffman may not be great but he's our best option at the back in a team with some go forward and serious strike in the centres. We don't have to play like all the other teams and in fact we go far better when we don't try to.

This team would challenge for the top 8:

1. Hoffman
    2. McDonald
    3. Lafai
    4. J.Roberts
    5. Mead
    6. Elgey
    7. T.Roberts
    8. Shillington
    9. Friend
    10. Douglas
    11. McQueen
    12. Pettybourne
    13. Bird

14. James
    15. Taia
    16. Paasi
    17. take your pick but not Zillman or Mortimer[/QUOTE

very accurate statement.

problem we have at fb is all the guys we have are ball runners and not ball players... we need someone who can ball play at the back to help the halves out. No one has that passing game... that cut out ball... its what is missing for Mead, Zillman, Roberts and hoffman to lock that spot in

Does anyone know if Tyrone Roberts has had any experience at fullback? He has a decent running game, and can put the ball through his hand.

I would still love to see Roberts at fullback, I know other have questioned his judgement calls and errors, but playing centre he also has to be given the ball and rely on the playmaker which is the real problem. When Aidan Sezer was fit, JR would receive early ball and thats where the bucket load of tries he had got had come from. As soon as any other playmaker stepped in to that position they completely choked the edge.

I believe Roberts at fullback gives him the choice of playing either side (which he can do) and it would allow him to link up with Elgey, and also catch some napping defence through out the middle. He should also be devastating at kick returns, and eat up larger metres from the return.

But thats my 2 cents and I know everyone has their own opinion of him. I do understand he is Daly M centre of the year, but if you had a better defensive centre in there, I think it would better balance the team especially in the defensive line. Since no one has cemeted the FB position I at least feel he should get an opportunity there, what is there to lose?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    problem we have at fb is all the guys we have are ball runners and not ball players... we need someone who can ball play at the back to help the halves out. No one has that passing game... that cut out ball... its what is missing for Mead, Zillman, Roberts and hoffman to lock that spot in
    The clubs only ball-playing fullback signed with Cowboys - Shaun Hudson. Although Huddy is more of a centre/wing for me. Even in the 20's we don't have much depth in terms of ball playing FBs - GL and TRD both runners. Next in line but still eligible for MM is Jordan Birch aka Jordan 'Matt Moylan' Birch or just JB for short lol (JB has been doing preseason with 20's though)

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Does anyone know if Tyrone Roberts has had any experience at fullback? He has a decent running game, and can put the ball through his hand.

I would still love to see Roberts at fullback, I know other have questioned his judgement calls and errors, but playing centre he also has to be given the ball and rely on the playmaker which is the real problem. When Aidan Sezer was fit, JR would receive early ball and thats where the bucket load of tries he had got had come from. As soon as any other playmaker stepped in to that position they completely choked the edge.

I believe Roberts at fullback gives him the choice of playing either side (which he can do) and it would allow him to link up with Elgey, and also catch some napping defence through out the middle. He should also be devastating at kick returns, and eat up larger metres from the return.

But thats my 2 cents and I know everyone has their own opinion of him. I do understand he is Daly M centre of the year, but if you had a better defensive centre in there, I think it would better balance the team especially in the defensive line. Since no one has cemeted the FB position I at least feel he should get an opportunity there, what is there to lose?
    No he hasn't. He's player halfback all through his Knights career.

if King can instill confidence and consistency in Roberts, Titans will have their answer to an auto replacement of Sezer (but better IMO). If he doesn't, we'll see Roberts single handedly win 3-4 games a year, and go missing the rest.

Looks like hoppa is about/has been announced bulldog bound hopefully the lafai rumours heat up!!
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan