Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49 89 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2138

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    my future team:

1. GL
    2. Kelly
    3. Olive
    4. Nene
    5. TRD
    6. Ash
    7. LG
    8. James
    9. Moseley
    10. Peteru
    11. Paasi
    12. A gun back-rower
    13. Perrett (signing)

14. Lawton
    15. Bernard
    16. Pulu
    17. Oshae

That would be my team in a few years time obviously with a couple of signings but an emphasise on local boys.
    I'll be surprised if half of them are in Titans colours in 3 yrs time
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I'll be surprised if half of them are in Titans colours in 3 yrs time
    I will be surprised if we have a team in 3 years.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Barrels View Post
    Greg bird glassed his Girlfriend, pissed on a cop car and dragged the whole club through a cocaine crisis it made one of Rugby leagues cleanskins backflip on a 1.25 million dollar a year deal.
    .....and we will always a 'laughing stock' and never taken seriously if our own supporters continue to bring up past indiscretions.

On the up side, at least it wasn't Titans in the news with the latest headlines..
    Last edited by shamus; 28-01-16 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Great positive attitude!
    #ThruNThru

Quote Originally Posted by gothabull View Post
    Haha classic titanic good too see ! Inu will be sic if we land him, good to see the forum alive , where's karnage ? Bring him back !
    Lol GTB ... the link is no longer missed, as for Karnage ...

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    my future team:

12. A gun back-rower
    Stick Shane Wright in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Sounds like a jail sentence but in fact I feel we've turned the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    .....and we will always a 'laughing stock' and never taken seriously if our own supporters continue to bring up past indiscretions.

On the up side, at least it wasn't Titans in the news with the latest headlines..
    Totally agree and I suppose there is some comfort in the facts that Bird was exonerated on both the glassing thing and the drugs thing. Also as much as he is not my favourite person, I would rather cheer for a guy who took a drunken leak rather than one who took a drunken dump.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-01-16 at 01:29 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Teke, I may have just given you a thumbs down unintentionally.

its a thumbs up. Otherwise it would be -1

so what happened to all them signings we were supposed to announce? I still feel like we are in the shambles recruitment wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

Totally agree and I suppose there is some comfort in the facts that Bird was exonerated on both the glassing thing and the drugs thing. Also as much as he is not my favourite person, I would rather cheer for a guy who took a drunken leak rather than one who took a drunken dump.
    Bird was convicted and sentenced for the glassing (16 months prison). It was only quashed after an appeal where the girlfriend (soon after ex girlfriend) changed her version of events to match Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post

The problem that this past indescretion had a direct effect on a greater future. Besides it wouldn't matter anyway, every article i read on sporting news and Zerotackle are never about the good we do. Our jersey's laughed at, our stadiums laughed at our management, our players, our coach, T Roberts. our recruitment is laughed at, our no overs policy is laughed at. Our potential captain is a woman beater and a druggo and our players still endorse him, what kind of culture are we setting up where it just be one where birdy gets off the piss and gets us into trouble again. The only for us to not be the laughing stock is to win matches, and as i said before, we'll be lucking to win any game this year.

We have some good kids coming through, but as smakked said, we might not even be here in 3 years. Look at Marwin Koukash. He wanted to invest large sums of money in the club but wanted to move it to brisbane because he knows, as everyone else does, there isn't a sporting market on the GC, now we're even pleading for fans of other teams to go for us because we clearly don't have the support from standrard coast citizens.

I'm willing to be patient with the club. But what if this 3 year plan backfires, what if the 3 year plan never comes to fruition and we are just in an eternal purgatory of bottom 8 hell.

In saying all that, off the field, we are doing alright. Brian is a great addition to the club, Graham Annesley impressed em last year the way he handled things. some of the older staff has been moved out and Searle's hold over the place is pretty much gone. We've ditched the centre of excellance and are nomads, although parkwood looks to be a great facility and i am very excited to see how that pans out.

We have two of the best young halves in the game right now (Taylor and Elgey) and a forward pack that is relatively underrated. Our backline is awful and we are not going to score many points this season but hpefully our defence takes a swift movement forward.

My god I know we are going through tough times but can we stop turning this place into Depression central?

I personally think we are in for a bright future. The past is the past, forget it. Focus on the future.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Couldn't agree more T4L, I think with the board and management that is now in place the future boads well, yes we are in a rebuilding phase and people say how long will it take etc etc etc but this club was on the brink of collapse it will take time for players to gain trust back in the club but I think with Canavan on board this will happen sooner rather than later. Once parkwood is completed it will give the Titans another selling tool much like Searle used the centre of excellence as a sell to prospective players. I think junior development has improved and once again with Canavan on board you wil see huge steps in the right direction

If you're going to have Yin you gotta have a little Yang.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If you're going to have Yin you gotta have a little Yang.
    Didn't you mean "when you have a Win you gotta have a little Wang"?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Barrels calm the **** down your alright ,mate we've had a changing of the guards nrl wouldn't want us out too the Suns !and our office is looking s whole lot better, thank Christ we aren't involved in the latest incident , just goes to show we didn't need Copley things are gonna get better we've been through too much !