Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47 87 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2138

I didn't even rate Pearce before this.

Lets not forget that Inu was dropped and his contracts weren't renewed due to his hit and miss performances on the field. We dumped Dave Taylor for the same reasons, a player who at this stage I would welcome back with open arms.

Well suddenly with this Pearce saga we don't have the worst halves in the league.

For people saying offer him a contract...no
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I didn't even rate Pearce before this.
    I like him. He is a very off the cuff player and he is also very inventive. I can see why people call him overrated, but his 2010,13 and 14 seasons were fantastic and i think he would be the perfect foil for LG or Taylor.

for interest look at round 23 rabbit v cowboys at around the 31:30 minute-- shows the speed of chris mqueen

for those who can access full matches

oh i changed my mind, i just read EVERYTHING he did. Thought he just pissed Everywhere, but it is way worse then I thought. Real waste of Talent.

Seriously we are trying to build a culture guys. Do you think signing a bloke who performed a lewd act with a dog is the right signing? Ridiculous....

We are already trying to distance ourselves from being the laughing stock.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Seriously we are trying to build a culture guys. Do you think signing a bloke who performed a lewd act with a dog is the right signing? Ridiculous....

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post

I think that as long as Birdie is playing, we'll never stop being the laughing stock. Without good results we can never stop being the laughing stock, and in all fairness, we need good players. I agree on this Pearce issue, he is not good for our culture, but we need quality players, especially this year with elgey out. hopefully canavan can kick it into gear but it's not looking good.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW my comment isnt an endorsement for Pierce, just a general statement on the state of this club

I don't care if Pearce is God from above and the love child of Thurston and Cronk. We don't want him.

While Bird does not make us look great at times, do two wrongs make a right? And we don't need negative headlines and press by signing him.

Seriously I thought our fan base was smarter than this...
    #iwillneverwalkaway

If Canavan was still at the roosters he would have sacked him IMO.

Footage is up as ACA exclusive. No where near as bad as Joel Monaghan.

He's nothing like his old man

Well as I said, if what they have said about Pearce is true, then his NRL contract will be terminated and he'll probably head overseas to Super League. I just think that we are no position to be deciding who we sign. The fact is until we reach a grand final, we will always be the laughing stock, no matter how good our "culture" is, we will still be the laughing stock.

Greg bird glassed his Girlfriend, pissed on a cop car and dragged the whole club through a cocaine crisis it made one of Rugby leagues cleanskins backflip on a 1.25 million dollar a year deal.

We're a sinking ship until we get results. and our results aren't in Tyrone Roberts and Ash Taylor (Ash taylor and Kane Elgey should be our long term halves combo imo). As i said before, this player we need might not be Pierce, but in saying that, we need something, and i would honestly rather go into 2016 with a 15 SOO and 203 game NRL player whose coming out of similar issues as Greg Bird had when we signed him and James Roberts' Similar alcohol related incidents then nobody.

I want a good culture for our club, I know how important that is, but we don't have that even now, not with this roberts saga or the dce backflip or the cocaine crisis.

As i said, If Pearce's alligations are true then i don't want him. I have already changed my mind on that front. But we are in serious danger of getting our liscense revoked regardless of what happens, espescially seeing as we dont have a private owner, and dave smith, the only man at NRL head office who guarenteed us protection has now left.

On the note of krisnan Inu. his form at Catalans has been impressive but when away from sydney i remember reading he got homesick, not sure if thats changed but anything could happen, guess it's better then zillman. I still believe we should start blooding some younger guys but we have been through that issue enough.

hey Guys. new to this Forum and i see there couldn't have been a more interesting time to join ey?
    On this Mitch Pearce business, i sorta agree with Barrels, we need someone. I DON'T agree it should be Mitch. I can understand why some people like him, but i don't.
    We should also get some sort of comment character count, gonna pop an eye vessel reading that wall of text ey