Page 58 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast

say we are the only club with that much cash$-- as long as where not paying overs

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    This from the Courier Mail just now - THE Broncos possible recruitment of James Roberts has become a brutal numbers game that could cost them giant utility back Dale Copley.

Rival clubs are already circling Copley is the belief he would be released by the club if Roberts is signed.

The Broncos are favoured to sign Roberts but they do not have the room under the salary cap to pay the gifted but flighty former Titan what he can demand at other clubs.

The Broncos, however, are aware Copley has been the centre of interest from other clubs.

**Contracted to the Broncos until the end of next season, Copley has reportedly been offered a three-year deal with an unnamed club that would earn him more than $1 million. ***

The Broncos cannot match that offer but if they released Copley it could give them enough salary cap relief to sign Roberts.

If Copley left Brisbane it would be to accept the biggest contract of his career and an automatic starting position at another club.

I wonder if it is us they are talking about?
    I don't think there's any other club? Is he even worth that much?. Maybe Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I don't think there's any other club? Is he even worth that much?. Maybe Melbourne?
    I know that he's a gun, and we definitely need him, but yeah I don't think he should be worth that much at this stage, neither should Mata'utia. I'm not sure if Copley even played first grade at all this year, surely we wouldn't offer him 330k a year? I really hope we can get them both though.

dale or pete who is the better buy if we can only get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    dale or pete who is the better buy if we can only get one?
    At this point I'm not going to be fussed. But I would go Mata'utia. I'm a big fan of Copley but looking at stats, Mata'utia is the better defender and also a great attacker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I heard it was a Sydney club. Think I heard Sharks somewhere.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

i know we were intersted in matuutia at the start of the year. dunno if there where any talks tho

Tbh Sharks would make sense.

On LU forum someone on there speculating that Copley to Eels. Only reason that it makes sense is that Corey Norman is there. However I hope that we are in a great position to snag him should he be available.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Is anyone optimistic enough to think we'll snag Adam Reynolds, Dale Copley AND Peter Mata'utia?

(For the record I think we'll miss all three, but that's only going on nearly all of our history)

If these figures are correct I guess the club has moved on from "only paying market value". Double edge sword for the club on Copley. We need a two centres, if we sign Copley it gives Brisbane the room to sign Roberts, if we don't we are stuck with the aforementioned team lists.

I rate Copley miles ahead of Peter, he just fights for every inch he's not a lazy player. At this end of the season I dont care what we pay him to play here, we can't compare this to how much Roberts was offered (the situation has changed). Beggers can't be choosers, and if we don't sign someone soon we will only welcome the wooden spoon. I would take either of them as long as I don't see an article in a weeks time that they have both gone to a different club because we wouldn't front an extra $30k
    Last edited by indoallstars; 16-12-15 at 07:27 AM.

i would take copley over matautia

QLD Cup

Overall it's quite depressing. Every other team has seemed to have amassed good rosters with depth. We can hardly put together a hotch potch team. We are on paper favourites for the spoon no doubt. My only hope is that this new look team has a new attitude and that the young players can rise to meet their potential. It's clear that players aren't breaking down doors to come here. Who would? I would prefer to stay near family if I could, and I'd prefer to be in a team of contenders.
    Well what I am saying is that we need to tap the potential of local players and we need to make constant improvement. Our young halves are a start. New seasoned players with good attitude like Friendy are a positive. The first thing I want to see this year is a real commitment to defensive and a return to a never give up attitude.

Clubs want rejects, young star eyes extension, veteran’s swan song — NRL Market Watch

The off-season recruitment circus is showing no signs of slowing down as clubs prepare to break over the Christmas period.

Gold Coast, Parramatta, Newcastle and Cronulla are keeping a close eye on where James Roberts lands — not because they are chasing his signature but interested in the effect his arrival will have on his new teammates.

All four clubs are in the market for a quality outside back, with the Titans in most need after they lost Roberts which results in them having two top-tier spots to fill.

Should Roberts join Brisbane, Dale Copley has been touted as the man who could be forced out to make room for him.

If that’s what transpires at least two clubs with big raps on the Broncos young gun are waiting to pounce.

The Rabbitohs are also in the market for a centre, looking for someone to replace Dylan Walker who is expected to announce a three-year-deal with Manly in the coming days, although the first year of his contract is understood to be a modest sum.

The clubs are also keeping a close eye on Penrith and St George Illawarra with a belief that the arrival of Tim Lafai and Peta Hiku could unsettle some of the players vying for the same position.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said coach Neil Henry was paying particularly close attention to the recruitment merry-go-round taking place this off-season although it’s hard to predict just which players will become available.

“Neil and the recruitment staff are still looking at availability and what some of the latest signings might mean in terms of availability that may arise that’s not yet on the market,” Annesley told foxsports.com.au.

“We’ve still got some positions available in our top 25 and that’s a priority for them.”

The Titans have lost 10 of their regular first graders from 2015 as they undertake a massive transition.

In 2016 they have 14 players in their top squad off contract including exciting half Kane Elgey who has until June to activate an additional season under a clause in his deal.

With Annesley stating the club is going through “a rebuilding process” which will take place over the next 12 months, he did confirm coach Henry’s future is safe with the mentor under contract until at least the end of 2017.

“He’s under contract for a few more years yet,” he said of Henry.

“We think he’s one of the best coaches in the game.

“The club is in a rebuilding process. You can’t expect overnight miracles.

“Like everybody we’re anxious to improve performances and be competitive.

NOW WE GOT BAD BLOOD

Which NRL youngster has fallen out with his coach over the past four months?

Word is the boss has not been impressed by his attitude at training and the influence he is having on other players.

This player is also on pretty decent coin, with the coach happy to move him on if someone else will take him in 2016. We won’t name the club but keep a close eye on the team lists come round one for any notable omissions.

STAYING IN THE DEN

There was speculation last week that the Dragons’ signing of Tim Lafai could force Peter Mata’utia out of the club.

According to a Dragons insider, nothing could be further from the truth.

The 25-year-old has been one of the club’s most impressive over the pre-season and assured that he will see out his deal which expires at the end of 2017.

TALENT FOR SALE?

Word around Penrith is one of their exciting outside backs is not too impressed that the club has signed Peta Hiku.

If you believe everything you hear, then this young prospect is eager to take his talents elsewhere and so is his manager.

Seeing as we haven’t been able to confirm whether this rumour is true, we’ll keep his name quiet for now but this player tasted first grade last season and eager to claim a starting role.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227646244116

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know which Panthers outside back is upset? is it Robert Jennings or DWZ??

Anyone know which youngster has fallen out with the coach?

Wouldn't mind Robert Jennings. Although it'll probably be Waqa Blake I think