Page 40 of 143 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 90 140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Would love to know where you heard those Lafai rumours?
    A co-worker of mine considers himself to be "in" with some of the former Titans NYC players and while normally I wouldn't consider him to be a definite source of information, he did call out on the whole Roberts debacle two days before it was released. He could just be stirring the honey pot, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    What does hard-balled mean?
    What I mean by that is that the Titans are adamant on the price that they want to sign Lafai on, and are not being to flexible on the negotiations.
    Last edited by MJames; 09-12-15 at 01:50 PM.
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    What I mean by that is that the Titans are adamant on the price that they want to sign Lafai on, and are not being to flexible on the negotiations.
    Based on articles I have read in the press recently including todays Bully it seems that the Titans are being fairly inflexible with what they are prepared to pay for anybody. Someone should point out to them that when you are last you may have to pay overs for a short time to get players here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    We need to play the waiting game for our bevvy of kids to come through now.
    You mean like the Wests Tigers have. That's gone well hasn't it. (But lets not go down this road again).

Paying overs on mid range players is a super dangerous game. It's the same line of thinking that leads to 5 year contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Based on articles I have read in the press recently including todays Bully it seems that the Titans are being fairly inflexible with what they are prepared to pay for anybody. Someone should point out to them that when you are last you may have to pay overs for a short time to get players here.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the Wests Tigers have. That's gone well hasn't it. (But lets not go down this road again).
    Wests Tigers did it with kids in key positions. Completely different. It's a matter of opinion but in 5 years time I want us to be a Gold Coast developed club as opposed to a Gold Coast panicked and bought a roster to satisfy short term results. We've exhausted this but if you can comment then so can I hehe

I hope Lafai enjoyed the tour of Pizzey Park

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Paying overs on mid range players is a super dangerous game. It's the same line of thinking that leads to 5 year contracts.
    I would agree with you, however keep in mind that this will be the team that we field if we don't.

1. Hoffman
    2. Don
    3. Macdonald
    4. Zillman
    5. Mead
    6. Tyrone Roberts
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Friend
    10. Shillington
    11. James
    12. Taia
    13. Bird
    14. Pettybourne
    15. Paasi
    16. Burr
    17. Mortimer

This wouldn't be the team that I would field, but it will be Henry's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I hope Lafai enjoyed the tour of Pizzey Park
    Or the local schools
    The name is Maurice, but my friends call me MJ.

that lineup isnt too bad... if you go backwards and stop when you get to LG

i also think paying overs just set you up for future problems.

It is worthwhile for franchise player like a DCE , Cronk etc if thats what it takes to get them there to kick start it all, but not for average to slightly above average players.

Noooo never ever put Zilly next to Mead, I want Nene there
    Last edited by teke; 09-12-15 at 03:31 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Noooo never ever put Zilly next to Mead, I want Nene there
    Nene standing in the tackle and offloading to Mead who rips away down the sideline to score. Can see it already. Kumul edge.

Hopefully Nene works on his tackling technique in the offseason, god he was an awful defender this year.

Does anyone have a link to the article/interview with Bird's comments about JTJ. I seem to have missed it...

Nevermind, I found it.
    Last edited by Geeman; 09-12-15 at 05:32 PM.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Junior

Roberts signed with Broncos
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by MJames View Post
    I would agree with you, however keep in mind that this will be the team that we field if we don't.

1. Hoffman
    2. Don
    3. Macdonald
    4. Zillman
    5. Mead
    6. Tyrone Roberts
    7. Elgey
    8. Douglas
    9. Friend
    10. Shillington
    11. James
    12. Taia
    13. Bird
    14. Pettybourne
    15. Paasi
    16. Burr
    17. Mortimer

This wouldn't be the team that I would field, but it will be Henry's.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the local schools
    It would seem that the betting agents agree....

Bookmaker William Hill hold less than 0.001 per cent of the book to take out the NRL title but a massive 97 per cent to suffer the most defeats in 2016.

William Hill spokesman Tim Ashworth. said Roberts’ request for a release led the Titans’ odds shorten from $3.50 50 $3 to suffer the most defeats of any NRL club next season.

“You’re not supposed to kick anyone while their down but these figures show the punters certainly aren’t pulling any punches during pre-season,” Ashworth said.

“At $101 for the title, it’s going to take an almighty turnaround in fortunes before the season kicks off to get the punters back on board.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Roberts signed with Broncos
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nene standing in the tackle and offloading to Mead who rips away down the sideline to score. Can see it already. Kumul edge.

he has potential just needs a older center/fullback to show him the ropes--- is zilly ever going to hit form?

One guy I think the club should really go is Valentine Holmes. he is a gun and I think is close mates with LG. or even look at Munster, both are young queenslanders with bright futures. Holmes could be easier to get since Jack bird is going to play fb and we could offer that to him here. Just my opinion