Page 71 of 143 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2138

Please Please tell me your joking , Bayside Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    He's not. We are beyond f**ked.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    No mate. All over Twitter and got an email from the club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

And all of a sudden we hope there was more to the Adam Reynolds rumours.

Oh well.. It wouldn't be another rebuilding year without something going south on us. Regardless, wishing LG a speedy and full recovery.

Immortal

Massive blow for the young bloke, I am sure that he will be back bigger and better next year. Now is when the Titans need to get out with some positive news, get people involved and engaged, anything to keep the supporters hopes up for the season ahead.

2nd year Syndrome bites again. Speedy recovery Kane , all the best. Over to you Ash & Tyrone.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Massive blow for the young bloke, I am sure that he will be back bigger and better next year. Now is when the Titans need to get out with some positive news, get people involved and engaged, anything to keep the supporters hopes up for the season ahead.
    Well said, mdrew. This part of the club should be just as important as our performance on the paddock. The Club really needs to interact with the community at a grassroots level more than what it has in the past, more so now since Searle & Co were unloaded. Opportunity knocks!

basically we have to rely on ash to have a hell of a rookie season-- and tyrone to actually play footy

Rep Player

5 days into 2016 and already something to derail our 2016. Ah wells baptism of fire for Taylor fingers crossed he can stay healthy. Cheers to another "rebuilding" season even though we really cant afford it given the last 5 years. If I can take any positive (and I use that word loosely) is that with Elgey not playing football hopefully thats enough to keep manly and other teams at bay chasing his signature and he extends with us!

I'm at a loss for words. If I'm looking for a positive his contract will be easier to negotiate for the 2017 season. A negative, we are paying $2.50 for wooden spoon and I think that's fantastic value.

And for all those talking about Ash Taylor slotting in, don't forget about a bloke called Mortimer whom our coach has a special place in his heart for.

NRL 2016: Kane Elgey’s injury has opened the door for a new halves pairing at the Gold Coast Titans
    Pamela Whaley FOX SPORTS
    January 05, 2016 3:10PM

SOMEWHERE along the way, the Titans must have held a training session under a ladder, attended by a black cat who helped ceremoniously smash a mirror just for good measure.

Bad luck just doesn’t come any worse.

Since 124-game veteran Scott Prince retired at the end of 2012, the only halfback to have played more than 30 games is Albert Kelly. He battled through injury and personal problems and left at the end of 2014 with 31 games in the No. 7 jersey.

Third on the list is Daniel Mortimer with 16 games, and then comes Kane Elgey, the 21-year-old star-in-the-making, with 15.

He was the 2014 Dally M NYC player of the year, and then Gold Coast’s 2015 rookie of the year. But this was supposed to be the season that he exploded.

BAD LUCK: Titans cruelled by latest disaster

Although time is on his side, the loss of Elgey for the season with an ACL injury is a huge blow to the Titans, who have tried and failed to get consistency on the ball.

Their solution to the problem was Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, who was supposed to join the Titans this season before backflipping on his multi-million dollar deal.

They let five-eighth Aidan Sezer sign with Canberra when they believed Cherry-Evans was on board.

The Raiders then knocked back a request from Sam Williams to join the Titans back in August last year.

Bad luck in the halves continues, but let’s put it all into perspective. Elgey is captain material and should one day lead the club. It just won’t happen in 2016.

In the meantime, someone needs to replace him. These are the guys who could guard the jersey until he returns.

Ashley Taylor

When the Titans signed the 2015 NYC player of the year, Brisbane fans were upset. The potential in Taylor is too good to spend the next few years as a third-string half to Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford — and they knew it.

The Titans beat out the Sea Eagles, Cowboys and the Dragons to get the Junior Kangaroos star.

At the time, Taylor was yet to play first grade but his under-20s coach Craig Hodges said he could handle a permanent role.

“I have every confidence in him to make the jump to the NRL,” he said.

“He has a wonderful future in the game.

“Ash has great speed and good size for a halfback.

“He’s around (183cm) and over the next 12 months he will fill out and become a 90kg playmaker, so when he runs at the line he will have the speed and strength to pull through half gaps.

“He also has a very good kicking game and the ability to organise, so I have no doubt those strengths in his game can be transferred to the NRL.”

Injury will be the biggest block for Taylor, who is still recovering from a compound fracture in his right hand that he suffered during his NRL debut in late 2015.

The 20-year-old has also had three shoulder reconstructions, but told foxsports.com.au back in October that he will be ready to play if called on.

If Taylor handles the step up with the class that Elgey did, the Titans will be just fine.

Tyrone Roberts

His exit from Newcastle came after several years of inconsistent football, but once he had a point to prove, Roberts returned to his best.

It is thought that the 24-year-old thrives on a tight leash, which is why his game blossomed under former Knights coach Wayne Bennett when he delivered the team to the preliminary finals in 2013.

Once again, Roberts will find himself working with a hard taskmaster under Neil Henry, which could potentially revive his game.

Roberts has almost clocked up 100 NRL games and will be the most experienced halfback option for the Titans, but he will need to shoulder most of the responsibility as the dominant half — something he has struggled with in the past.

However, a fresh start can often do wonders for players and Roberts is worthy of all the faith the Titans have in 2016.

Daniel Mortimer

Mortimer has truckloads of experience but is viewed mainly as a utility player, as he has been for most of his NRL career.

Versatility has often been the downfall of the former Parramatta and Roosters player and he has not been able to nail down one position in a team since 2009 when he played five-eighth for the Eels.

Mortimer joined the Titans in mid-2014 to take up the halfback spot left vacant by Albert Kelly, but was only used five times in the halves in 2015 with limited success.

Karl Lawton

He was close to making his NRL debut in 2015 at hooker before the Titans signed Chad Redman, but he continued his development in the Queensland Cup for Tweed Heads.

Lawton, who turned 20 in November, played off the bench for the Queensland under-20s and slotted in behind the ruck.

If he is chosen to make his NRL debut in 2016 it will most likely be from the bench, not in the halves.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I actually feel extremely sad for Titan fans. What a disasterous pre season.

I think the season itself will be quite good
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Llloyd Perrett Abandoned. Titans to Pounce?

The massive, powerhouse, 113kg front has been recently attempted to be forced out by Bulldogs managers, as they are apparently trying to free up some place in the salary. Lloyd Perrett is currently on a $900k deal for three years at the Canterbury club, and is now being offloaded to clubs interested in him. Reports are he has no intention of leaving, but Bulldogs are trying their best to get him off their radar. And with the large cap space Titans have at the moment, it would be daft for us to not make a decent play at the young kid. This report arose from Fox Sports, Zero Tackle and Courier Mail. You can view it here: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/bulldo...deJdtJC1lf6.97

No way is perrett worth anything over 200k. obviously dogs are shopping him for a reason