Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Each to their own I guess, mup. But you can't blame a bloke that had lived around various parts of the Coast for 30 years wanting a team in the national comp. *shrugs*
    and I don't. I've been behind the team and fighting in the front lines every other time so I get it.

I'm just exhausted and a life without an emotional tie to rugby league suddenly seems nice. We've been through so much

i know nene needs a lot of work defensively- but in future years is he a fullback option? he has speed and great strength and seems to be a real handful for the defense to control----- i think we need GI or Jamie lyon to get us back on track (or maybe hodges would like one last year contract)

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    i know nene needs a lot of work defensively- but in future years is he a fullback option? he has speed and great strength and seems to be a real handful for the defense to control----- i think we need GI or Jamie lyon to get us back on track (or maybe hodges would like one last year contract)
    Nene played fullback for us in younger grades I think? He'll need some work if he were to play there..

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Nene played fullback for us in younger grades I think? He'll need some work if he were to play there..
    Nene joined us this year from the Roosters bro

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Nene joined us this year from the Roosters bro
    he was a Titan junior bro. He played in MM I think

i think c.munster is what we need!
    and yeah nene was junior titan

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Couldn't stand it and sent this to the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Sent my thoughts as well.
    I hope you Gentlemen quoted your membership number when contacting HQ. It's only fair to them that you identify yourself to the club so they can judge what calibre of dedicated fan they are corresponding with. As it be a bit unfair to them to cop flak from some wannabe that comes from left of field that just wants to air their grievances.

Tomorrow we meet with Lafai apparently. Don't stuff this up Titans.

"Hiku met with Penrith supremo Phil Gould and coach Anthony Griffin on a tour of the club's facilities on Tuesday, while Lafai will fly to the Gold Coast on Wednesday to meet with Titans coach Neil Henry."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz3tigxult4
    Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 08-12-15 at 08:29 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    he was a Titan junior bro. He played in MM I think
    Good point bud, I've never been a big follower of the juniors especially a few years ago so I forgot about that one. Anyone know/remember if he was a good fullback?

Junior

As the hours and days pass this is starting to sound like a half planned thing. Have a breakout year, win a few awards, start believing your own hype and what people are saying about you, try and find a way to get out of a struggling club to get a better deal elsewhere. Maybe birdy was on to something. He probably found his way out and never intended on staying with us. If this is true that is a dog act!! and good riddance.

To the guys that have written to the club, well done and I think you have summed up most people's feelings very clearly. I would love to know what Rebecca Frizelle really thinks of this clusterfark of a club as I have her business skills at way above what she is witnessing here.

Let's hope we get Lafai but I was hoping it would be Lafai AND Roberts. If we get Lafai we are still behind where we were this time last night. As for the comments about Nene playing centre, god help us if that happens. He was ordinary last year in my opinion and I was hoping our recruitment would be such that it was QCup for him until he further develops. I would have Don and Meady as our wingers any day.

After DCE last year, our off seasons provide more to talk about than any on field stuff. It makes the off season go so quickly which is a positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Tomorrow we meet with Lafai apparently. Don't stuff this up Titans.
    They are probably likely to forget to pick him up from the airport.

who is the better buy lafai or hiku?
    sorry mexican titan but i think nene is a capable center, very powerful i know he lacks abit in defense but once he sorts that out he will be a huge asset----- i think the titans let some of his capabilities go to waste when playing him on wing- he seems very fit and needs a lot of ball--- (anyway just my opinion

Rep Player

my reply from the club. Obviously more to come out about the Roberts saga id say down the track:

Hi ******,

Thanks for your email.

Whilst I can’t speak to the specifics of what exactly went on here I certainly share your frustration. There’s no doubting James’ ability and it’s disappointing that the player and club have not been able to agree to terms.

I can assure you that Graham Annesley, Neil Henry and other senior members of the club hierarchy are committed to building a playing roster that will see us compete with the best teams. There’s no denying that this is a set-back, but one player a team doesn’t make and I am still confident that better times lie ahead for everyone associated with the Titans.

Thank you for your support of the Aquis Gold Coast Titans. If I can be of any assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Manzo View Post
    who is the better buy lafai or hiku?
    sorry mexican titan but i think nene is a capable center, very powerful i know he lacks abit in defense but once he sorts that out he will be a huge asset----- i think the titans let some of his capabilities go to waste when playing him on wing- he seems very fit and needs a lot of ball--- (anyway just my opinion
    No worries about a difference of opinion mate and welcome to the forum by the way. As a biased Manly supporter I would take Lafai any day over Hiku. Lafai has a class factor that Hiku doesn't. Now we have buggered the Roberts situation we could just take both.

Courier Mail article stating Roberts about to sign with Bennett's Broncos. He played us well. No way he was intending to stay and as Bird has stated, he wanted a way out and got one, albeit by our stupidity. F..k it's hard being a Titan's fan. It would have been a bit easier to take it if it were any other club but the Donkeys and of course Manly.