Page 37 of 143 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast

What I'd offer Lafai - 350-450K

What his current market value is - 300-350K

What the Titans will offer him - 110K and a 10% off gift voucher for TFH hire

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Pat on the back for you mate but at the end of the day you're still posting here
    Why wouldn't I be? Just because I'm pissed off with the direction this club is going doesn't mean I wouldn't still post here.

All I've seen for pages and pages is us being linked to every marquee player and his dog but nothing ever came to fruition. The writing was on the wall at that point - nothing was doing, nothing was changing.

And Lafai? Don't get me wrong he's not the worst centre in the world but he is definitely no JR or DW. Once again we settle for second best. Pathetic.

Lafai is no JR but he's the best option we can get atm. He's still a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Why wouldn't I be? Just because I'm pissed off with the direction this club is going doesn't mean I wouldn't still post here.

All I've seen for pages and pages is us being linked to every marquee player and his dog but nothing ever came to fruition. The writing was on the wall at that point - nothing was doing, nothing was changing.

And Lafai? Don't get me wrong he's not the worst centre in the world but he is definitely no JR or DW. Once again we settle for second best. Pathetic.
    And we will end up paying more for him than what we should have paid to keep Roberts.

Paying overs doesn't matter at all ... we need quality and have to pay overs ... the only thing is we need to actually get the quality. I cite Dave Taylor and half a dozen others who just weren't the quality.

We should be paying overs for Lafai, McQueen and even Hiku ... we have the money reportedly and we need the players = a no brainer.

As far as Roberts is concerned, he can crash and burn like Kelly did ... tarred with the same brush for mine.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Looking like Broncos are going to offer him a deal and to do so they may have to let Copley and or Maranta go.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Paying overs doesn't matter at all ... we need quality and have to pay overs ... the only thing is we need to actually get the quality. I cite Dave Taylor and half a dozen others who just weren't the quality.

We should be paying overs for Lafai, McQueen and even Hiku ... we have the money reportedly and we need the players = a no brainer.

As far as Roberts is concerned, he can crash and burn like Kelly did ... tarred with the same brush for mine.
    Thing is, mate. We've been 'paying overs' for quite some time and look at how that's panned out for us.

I don't mind us paying overs occasionally, just as long as we get the quality that we're paying for. But yeah, that theory ain't workin' out to well with us so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Looking like Broncos are going to offer him a deal and to do so they may have to let Copley and or Maranta go.
    Love to sign Copley. Lafai and Copley is a big, strong, young centre pairing I would be happy with.

Backline of Hoffman, McDonald, Lafai, Copley, Mead could be dangerous.

Couldn't stand it and sent this to the club:

I just have to express my dismay at the club taking another hit over the loss of James Roberts.

I am not one of his myopic fans and realise that he is perhaps not the world-beater that many are painting him to be but the perception that the club is unable to keep, attract or develop players is a constant slap in the face for the Gold Coast rugby league community.

How do I explain to my 10 year old that supporting a team is about the team not the players? In his short life Prince, Idris, Sezer, Kelly, Myles, DCE, Taylor and now Roberts have all departed under contentious circumstances, maybe for good reason, but that means nothing to a child. Watching ex-Titans players performing for other clubs is as equally galling.

If you add to that the club's other well-documented off-field struggles then the bigger question is what does being a Titan fan entitle you to? ... few wins, no profile, no pride and worse; being a laughing stock within the community. I can imagine that club spirit is wavering amongst the playing group, it is certainly in a parlous state amongst the supporter base.

The whole media debate about how much money the club has to spend and the seemingly complacent attitude of the recruitment team is not helping at all.

I would like to offer some sound advice or even my continued support but at this stage I just can't conjure up either.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sent my thoughts as well. Who knows if they actually read it but I had to vent:

Guys I have been a Gold Coast Titan diehard since the inception in 2007 but I'm honestly questioning myself here. I am a loyal fan but sometimes you can only go through so much before you snap.

Drug scandals, salary cap problems, forged signatures, failure for the past 5 years and pathetic recruitment has taken me to my limit.

I've always gladly said #ThruNThru and I've spent hundreds of dollars on this club through travelling to see games, tickets, jerseys and other merchandise but I don't seem to get anything worth my money in return.

The recruitment is almost laughable as we always offer pathetic contracts which leaves us never landing any star players. This club needs to learn we might need to pay extra to get players if needs be. I am not the recruitment manager but the fact is, our roster won't compete next year with the way it is.

To finish off, after last nights events I am questioning myself as a Titan and it would be much easier for me to support the Broncos who are located closer to me. However I have been through so much with this club I don't know if I could. Just please stop with the embarrassing stuff and get serious with recruitment. Do it for me and the rest of the Titans fans who just want a club we can be proud of.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Well said boys. Hopefully powerful people at the club read them and read this forum and understand what the fans are feeling and that this club is bigger than the front office, the playing group, and the accountant and that they are only hurting themselves by playing games with people's careers and ultimately the fans who have to stand on the sidelines and watch this mess unfold

ill be happy with Lafai + Copley.
    I love watching Roberts play, but from what Bird is saying, and his attitude last year, i feel like he thought he was better then the team(which we was but not the right attitude) hence why he has gone seeking a better team(another Ferguson, left nulla cause they were bad and joined a young raiders team on the up)

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    The club does deserve to be in the comp
    I thought it did, but I don't know what to think anymore
    we gotta keep the team on the Coast
    For more of this?
    Otherwise RL on a national level could be lost forever.
    Doesn't sound so bad. Peaceful, actually

Each to their own I guess, mup. But you can't blame a bloke that had lived around various parts of the Coast for 30 years wanting a team in the national comp. *shrugs*

As devastated as i am i can see light st the end of the tunnel, he is not bigger than the club, we will move forward and replace him, if we wants to ditch the club that saved his career, and where hus cousin has come to olay with him, f**k him, hope he goes back to sydney and ****s up his career