Default Neil Henry is the coach we need right now

Flew down for the GF yesterday and the Cowboys premiership brings into focus how much we missed out by not signing Green when Carty was struggling....but im having second thoughts now.

Neil Henry assembled most of that squad, aside from JT of course who had been there for a long time, after they were a fair mess in the years after their GF loss in 2005. He brought in guys like Brent Tate and Dallas Johnson as players to help rebuild the standards and cleaned house like crazy in 2010 up there.

If you were to see his squad losses / gains ( i will try and track it down ) end of that year, you would probably notice some similarities to us. getting rid of players not giving value for money, not good for team culture etc, while bringing in players with good leadership abilities. sound familiar? they werent realy superstars any more, but they were part of a group of players who would drive training and behaviour standards to a level that took them to finals regularly.

so my point is, that he might not be the guy to get us to a GF, or to win one...but he might be the perfect guy to get the rebuild started and make sure our foundation is strong to sustained success.

Spot on DB. I have been saying this to all the people doubting Neil Henry is the right coach for us.

We may not make a grand final for another 10+ years but Neil is definitely changing our roster and for the better. It is going to be hard to fix the mistakes of previous management who made stupid decisions (Zillman, Idris 5 year deals etc) but Neil is the man to do it imo.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

A long while ago didn't someone post the KPIs he has to meet in order to get an extension beyond next year? I'm pretty sure one of those was to make the finals.

Junior

I just went trawling through the archives and found what I was looking for (originally posted by Titan4Life). Basically Henry needs to get us into the finals next year if he wants to keep his position secure.

"NEIL’S GOOD DEAL

Titans coach Neil Henry signed a three-year deal with the club until the end of 2017 but he can get that extended if the club fires. If the Titans reach the finals in either 2015 or 2016, Henry will get an automatic one-year extension."

IMO he has done a alright job so far with the clean out side of things.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't mind King but I'd love see the Walker boys come in as assistants they have brought plenty of excitement back into the Q Cup
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I don't mind King but I'd love see the Walker boys come in as assistants they have brought plenty of excitement back into the Q Cup
    love what they have done. would be good to have them involved for sure.

Congrats to the Walkers but I would not be comfortable using our club, particularly in its current parlous state, as some novelty testing ground. We already have the lowest level of credibility in leagueland.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I love the Walker bros too but it's hard to argue with Titanic's logic here. :/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER