Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default "Where the bloody hell are you?"

"Where the bloody hell are you?"

This fantastic advertisement has been removed from UK TV screens...thoughts?

Look forward to the replies.

Here is an article from today's SMH:

Bloody ban will generate more publicity: Bailey

March 10, 2006 - 9:29AM

Britain's ban on the word "bloody" in Australia's new tourism campaign will help generate even more publicity, Tourism Minister Fran Bailey says.

Tourism Australia will benefit from controversy surrounding Britain's move, Ms Bailey said.

Tourism chiefs have accused Britain's TV advertising regulator of lacking a sense of humour for banning the slogan: "So where the bloody hell are you?"

The Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre objected to the use of the word "bloody" in Tourism Australia's $180 million campaign.

Ms Bailey said the controversy was actually good publicity for Australia.

"We're getting a great result," she told the Nine Network.

"The ad was meant to cut through. You'd have to say that it's cutting through.

"Now, thanks to the regulator, everyone is hearing about it.

"We were very surprised at the reaction of the regulator and I just think whoever this person is just doesn't have a sense of humour."

The ads were launched two weeks ago and feature natural Australian attractions such as beaches, the Great Barrier Reef, the outback, Sydney Harbour and Uluru.

The ad ends with a girl dressed in a bikini saying "we've saved you a spot on the beach" before posing the colourful question.

Ms Bailey said up to 30,000 people in Britain had downloaded the uncut version of the ad - and that was before the launch of the campaign.

"We tested the ads in all of our markets and it came back of course that the Brits loved it," she said.

"The crazy thing about this is as well is that it can be shown in all the cinemas, online and in all the print media.

"So it will go ahead in the uncut version in all of those."

AAP
    This from a country who produces Absolutely Fabulous where "bloody" 30 times an episode (exaggeration admittedly there).

I think the ads are great to be honest, if the UK censors disagree, as Reg Regan says, "GO AND GET STUFFED!!!!"

Titan CEO

meh. I think its stupid that its been banned. But i also dont see the point in using the word in a tourism advertisment. I swear as much as anyone and prolly say bloody 60 times a day....but i dont see the point in having it in a campaign for tourism.

The Australians shouldnt complain about this. This is just free advertising as it directs more attention to the ads. The poms are only doing this to stir the pot and stop tourism dollars from going out of there country and into ours.

who the bloody hell wants Poms here anyway??

I agree with Queenslander there, the poms are being made to look so trivial over this and it will make the ad more attractive in the UK, as people will want to see something that has been banned..

I like it, well at first I didn't, then I watched the whole ad, and it made sense... and is so very Australian, well done to the tourism commission on it...

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

More than 30,000 have dowloaded the full version from the net .. not that that means we'll be getting 30,000 tourists over here :P but it does show its peaked their interested now.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

bloody is an brit term lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    bloody is an brit term lol
    Exactly

i wonder what'll happen to the new kiwi ad campaign: "Where the bliddy huck are you eh bro?"

I would bet ya that they deliberately used the word bloody hopong something like this would happen. The ad hasnt even been officially launched eyt and it is making huge news in the UK. A perfect 'marketing' ploy if I have ever seen one!

Whoever is responsible needs a big pat on the back as they used a word that would cause a big enough ruckus to attract attention without using a word that people would find really offensive such as one of the more traditional swear words.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

is it actually making news over there though? i mean it's a bit hard to tell just from what a coupla of aussies say in the press.

seriously though, i watched the ad the other day and it's the least offensive thing ever. it's not even slightly risk-kay.

Junior Titan

Wonder what Greg Byrd thinks of the ad?????????? Should "bloody" well text him

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MOPL
    Wonder what Greg Byrd thinks of the ad?????????? Should "bloody" well text him
    :lol!: Shane Warne as well.

shane warne's version of the ad would be "bldy hel r u? c u 2nite @ 8 4 69 "

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    shane warne's version of the ad would be "bldy hel r u? c u 2nite @ 8 4 69 "