Default Queensland Cup 20th Anniversary Team

Queensland Cup 20th anniversary team

Mon 21 Sep, 2015, 2:23pm
    QRL, NRL.com

EMAIL
    PRINT

Former Tweed Heads half Brad Davis has been named captain of the Intrust Super Cup’s 20-year anniversary team. Copyright: SMP Images/QRL Media.

Together they've played a grand total of 3182 games in Queensland's statewide competition.
    There's a leading try scorer, most capped player, leading points scorer and even the premier field goal exponent to boot.
    The backs alone have scored a staggering 781 tries.
    Meet the Queensland/Intrust Super Cup's '20th Year Anniversary Team', featuring a vast array of irresistible rugby league talent and loyal club warriors whose skill, tenacity and courage epitomise the competition.
    Selected earlier this month by an astute panel, the team will assemble as guests of the QRL at Sunday's Intrust Super Cup grand final at Suncorp Stadium.
    Former Tweed Seagulls playmaker Brad Davis is the honourary skipper, with two-time former Burleigh Bears premiership-winning mentor Rick Stone the coach.
    "It is an honour to be included considering all of the quality players and coaches who have been involved in this great competition over the last 20 years," Stone said.
    "I am forever grateful to the Queensland Cup and the grounding it gave me throughout my career."
    It should come as no surprise that the competition's most capped player, Redcliffe's Troy Lindsay, was selected in the front row.
    The former Dolphins warhorse played 270 Cup games, a dozen more than Ipswich's Danny Coburn who was selected at lock forward.
    Lindsay played in eight grand finals, winning five premierships with the Redcliffe club. The 17 players announced today collectively featured in 27 grand final victories and every player has represented Queensland Residents.
    Queensland/Intrust Super Cup 20th Year Team
    1. Ryan Cullen
    2. Nathanael Barnes
    3. Reggie Cressbrook
    4. Donald Malone
    5. Heath Egglestone
    6. Brad Davis (c)
    7. Shane Perry
    8. Troy Lindsay
    9. Michael Roberts
    10. Shane O'Flanagan
    11. Danny Burke
    12. Sime Busby
    13. Danny Coburn
    14. Luke Scott
    15. Luke Dalziel-Don
    16. Nick Parfitt
    17. Phil Dennis

Coach: Rick Stone
    Referee: Tony Maksoud

#itaintweaktospeak

This makes me sad because it means 20 years since the Diehards were excluded.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Barnes and Parfitt couple of my favourites right there.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER