Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Happy birthday! Cant believe this place has been a part of my life for nearly a third of it!

I have a lot of love for the place and think that it plays an important part in our club's ecosystem and the wider game of Rugby League.

A few of you would know the lengths I would go to protect the forum and the integrity of it.

I was really happy to find a place here years ago, as part of a new club that I desperately wanted. Especially because I was a Chargers fan and I felt wounded by the team's exclusion.

I was proud that we were outward looking here and interested in international footy. And we come from all walks of life, the life experience on this forum is amazing.

I really want to get to know everyone better and spend our time crafting the Titans fanbase. I am very glad that we got through our ownership crisis.

Many good things have come of it. Great ideas, friendships, The Legion and even some encouragement to start the Hong Kong Rugby League.

I'll work on a little tribute when I get some free time this week. But I really do want to start on the video hang outs and of course, we need to bring back the And spend more time cultivating social media.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We will have to chat to Tamwelg about bringing back some of that stuff. He built it so I dont tamper with it. He is definitely a hero for all the work he has done for the forum and the Titans over the years.

If anyone wants to help with social media, we can talk about that too.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Another cool memory I have from the forum was RugbyMan13 I think he name was.

A French rugby league fan.

He actually sent me a box of French programs, a national jersey, a Les Catalans shirt and all kinds of other memorabilia.

I sent him some stuff in return. But what an act of rugby league brotherhood crossing the seas!

I should definitely get back into touch with him.

Did anything ever come of a trophy/cup/shield for the "Forums Player of the Year"? I know we discussed it a year or 2 back when the weekly MoM voting was happening...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Good point GSpot ... I put my hand up and then the counting stopped ... happy to anti-up next year though.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Would you like to organise it Titanic? We can then chip in once you lock down a design and price.

Let me talk to Tam.

Sure mate, I'm good ... will share some designs over the next month or so and open a thread then once I get some momentum. It will need a name too, so you can all think about that until I start the thread.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-09-15 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sure mate, I'm good ... will share some designs over the next month or so and open a thread then once I get some momentum. It will need a name too, so you can all think about that until I start the thread.
    I think Tam named it after Moejoe (Moejoe Award), an early forum member who was very proactive with his support and ideas. Sadly we lost him to cancer, which came back for him after he beat it. :/ I met him many times, he was that kind of guy. He would front up. I miss him and it is people like him that make the forum legacy worth something. http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php

Of course we can have a subheader which explains what it actually is.

I bet you have organised a few trophies in your time Titanic!
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-09-15 at 11:14 AM.

I still think the initiative would be great and even better if the trophy as diehard has said was named after MoeJoe, I remember going back after the forum first started before the titans were actually playing some forum members got allocated a game to give 3 2 1 towards a bets and fairest award.
    But its something we have mentioned in the past about a forum players best and fairest be good if we can get it onboard with the titans so it gets the recognition it deserves, happy to chip in for a trophy as well

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I still think the initiative would be great and even better if the trophy as diehard has said was named after MoeJoe, I remember going back after the forum first started before the titans were actually playing some forum members got allocated a game to give 3 2 1 towards a bets and fairest award.
    But its something we have mentioned in the past about a forum players best and fairest be good if we can get it onboard with the titans so it gets the recognition it deserves, happy to chip in for a trophy as well
    Fortunately Tam did set up that whizz bang voting platform to make it really easy and clear on voting.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I bet you have organised a few trophies in your time Titanic!
    Yep, but my wife hasn't met any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yep, but my wife hasn't met any of them
    Hahaha laughing out loud.