Default Scientist’s parting shot at Titans

Sports scientist leaves Gold Coast Titans with claim club not ripe for winning environment
    TOM BOSWELL GOLD COAST BULLETIN SEPTEMBER 12, 2015 12:00AM

SPORTS scientist Tim Gabbett has delivered a parting backhander after he quit the Gold Coast Titans claiming he was walking away because of the “high performance *environment”.

Gabbett refused to take up an option on his contract after 12 months with the club.

While he said he was leaving on good terms with the club and coach Neil Henry he’d encountered issues that weren’t conducive to the *environment he believed was required for success.

Gabbett joins strength and conditioning coach Dan Ferris in leaving the Titans, with Ferris to link with Manly.

Gabbett would not elaborate on his exact concerns when pressed further but the respected consultant who had worked previously under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos said various factors were behind his decision to leave.

The Titans have been virtually homeless during Gabbett’s time and been forced into temporary facilities at Pizzey Park with still no resolution on their new home headquarters.

“I don’t think there is any one reason,” Gabbett said.

“To be successful you need the whole club working hard together and need everyone heading in the same direction.

“Ultimately my decision was based on the high performance environment.

“To be winning you need to be performing winning *actions and it is important to do that even when you’re not winning on the field.

‘‘I have been around sport long enough to know what a winning environment looks like and to develop that is a lot of hard work.

“I’m not just talking about working hard on the field but also training hard in a lot of different areas and part of that is working together as a coaching team.”

Henry, who worked with Gabbett at the Cowboys, said he would be missed and thanked him for all his work.

“Tim did a fantastic job for us and it is certainly disappointing to see him go but we value what he has done for us and the research he has done on the game,” Henry said.

Henry revealed the club was already in talks with potential replacements for Ferris and Gabbett with the aim to sign two full-time strength and conditioning coaches.

Gabbett said he maintained a good relationship with Henry.

“I really enjoyed working with the players and I think they are a tremendous group of men,” Gabbett said.

This would have been better if he quit before some of the rot was traded or not offered contracts but it would seem it runs deeper than just the players.

and man has landed on the moon....

put this in the 'we already knew that' basket. surely no one is surprised that we aren't elite trainers yet. Hence the release of many players and new staff incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    and man has landed on the moon....

put this in the 'we already knew that' basket. surely no one is surprised that we aren't elite trainers yet. Hence the release of many players and new staff incoming.
    i didn't know it.

Everyone should expect that the Titans would be up to minimum level of training required for such a competition
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i didn't know it.

Everyone should expect that the Titans would be up to minimum level of training required for such a competition
    everyone should expect the titans to be financially stable for such a competition, everyone should expect the titans to be well coached for such a competition... doesnt mean its been happening.

and minimum isnt elite

You can tell from our lack of plays, to our poor basic skills, to poor defence that our training isn't on par with the top teams. even teams at bottom end of the 8 wouldnt be training at elite level i imagine.

everyone should expect the titans to be financially stable for such a competition, everyone should expect the titans to be well coached for such a competition... doesnt mean its been happening.

and minimum isnt elite

You can tell from our lack of plays, to our poor basic skills, to poor defence that our training isn't on par with the top teams. even teams at bottom end of the 8 wouldnt be training at elite level i imagine.
    "you can tell from our lack of plays, to poor basic skills" etc etc.....that my friend should be minimum level that the fans should expect.

That is one damning article and im sure he wanted to say more
    Last edited by teke; 12-09-15 at 04:43 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I found it a bit of a frustrating article in that it leaves you guessing about a lot of things. The main concern I got from it was the lack of a training base and that to me has taken far too long. I know the members forum got a decent update/explanation but we were initially told that everything would be built and in place by November when players returned to training. We still don't even have a bloody agreement which is now beyond a joke
    Luckily I learnt to just accept long ago that nothing happens quickly at the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    "you can tell from our lack of plays, to poor basic skills" etc etc.....that my friend should be minimum level that the fans should expect.

That is one damning article and im sure he wanted to say more
    i agree we it was damning and i agree he wanted to say more...but your proving my point that you can see we aren't at minimum standard yet you claim you didnt know it???

come on buddy. you know more than most what our functionality is behind closed doors. im sure you've shared a couple of stories with me.

Sounds far too toxic for my liking ... reads like Henry isn't running the show behind the scenes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i agree we it was damning and i agree he wanted to say more...but your proving my point that you can see we aren't at minimum standard yet you claim you didnt know it???

come on buddy. you know more than most what our functionality is behind closed doors. im sure you've shared a couple of stories with me.
    Seeing and knowing are 2 diff things.

Seeing that they are garbage doesnt mean the training environment is garbage, we're gonna cop an entire off season saying "it's the best offseason blah blah..."
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

All in good time.. As it is, we'll be clearing out some current Staff & Players until the end of 2017. So pull up a chair 'n grab a coldie outta the esky and marvel our rebuilding phase.