Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

How nice, Carty sitting in the Cowboys box having a laugh at our expense. Great shot, just what I needed to see before switching this crap off.

That last 40 minutes was the most gutless, pathetic, embarrassing garbage I have seen for years. They should all hang their heads in shame. The earlier comments about Ryan James are spot on and he took us back to his undisciplined crap for past years, but I shouldn't really single him out.

First Grader

There are quite a few blokes who should look at themselves in the mirror and they won't like what they see.

Pathetic performance and if the Cowboys had their kicking game on they would have posted 50 plus unanswered points.

Very bleak ending to a very bleak season.

King needs to make drastic changes for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How nice, Carty sitting in the Cowboys box having a laugh at our expense. Great shot, just what I needed to see before switching this crap off.
    as he would. That a-hole and and his mate Searle is why we're in this mess to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    as he would. That a-hole and and his mate Searle is why we're in this mess to begin with.
    Yup.. While he's having a laugh at our expense, he should pat himself on the back for running the roster down to what it was before he was shafted. It just goes to show the NRL is no different than a lot of industries. Where it's not what you know, but who you know..

Gotta admit, didn't watch the game. By the sounds of it, it panned out to what I was expecting anyway.

2016.. Onwards 'n upwards I guess

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Our defence was a damn sight better under Carty than what I'm seeing this year.

QLD Cup

I only saw highlights and second half. Cows beneficiaries of a team not working together in defence. well. I hope with a full offseason they can massively improve.

As for the Cowboys, my second team, I didn't see a lot to give me finals hope those nine tries were so soft.

Disappointing finish to the season with a big loss.

But what's everyone's thoughts on Paasi? Do we see him as a back rower for us if he gets a bit fitter and smarter in defence with a full preseason under his belt? Has been handling the big minutes in the last few weeks and has been really damaging in attack on the edges.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post

But what's everyone's thoughts on Paasi? Do we see him as a back rower for us if he gets a bit fitter and smarter in defence with a full preseason under his belt? Has been handling the big minutes in the last few weeks and has been really damaging in attack on the edges.
    I'm a massive fan of Paasi, probably his back story of getting to where he is now and meeting the people that he used to live with when he played at Keebra.

As for his game play. He has come leaps and bounds in the last two games. I think LG is making him look very good at the same time. If you put a solid defender outside him that would help as well. We seem to get caught down that side with quick play. Leave him on the edge. We need big boppers up in front. Shillington, Douglas, Pettybourne, Peteru hopefully someone else .

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post

Until the StGeorge game I didn't think he would cut it but he was outstanding last week, in attack. As a defender he needs heaps of work and now that other coaches have seen him this year he will stand out in the defensive line like a beacon.

I think the main problem is that Pettybourne, Paasi and Peteru are all just good average NRL players and we really need a classy backrower. A couple of classy players would allow us to moreso "carry" blokes that still have a bit to learn. All I know is that we ain't going to win big games with blokes like Paasi, Pettybourne, Burr, Peteru etc in the 17.

I rate Pettybourne, although I think the season took a toll on him later in the year. I believe he played his better footy at the start of the year. Maybe it's a case of not having the ticker for a full season of NRL as opposed to Super League. Hope we don't see the same for Zeb Taia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Until the StGeorge game I didn't think he would cut it but he was outstanding last week, in attack. As a defender he needs heaps of work and now that other coaches have seen him this year he will stand out in the defensive line like a beacon.

I think the main problem is that Pettybourne, Paasi and Peteru are all just good average NRL players and we really need a classy backrower. A couple of classy players would allow us to moreso "carry" blokes that still have a bit to learn. All I know is that we ain't going to win big games with blokes like Paasi, Pettybourne, Burr, Peteru etc in the 17.
    I think that's a little harsh, 3 of them had their first season of NRL this year. Willing to give Paasi and Peteru more time to prove themselves as they have shown me enough this year to have a little faith in them. Burr needs to find something and fast because right now his defence and error count is excessive. Petty goes alright but you know what you're gonna get..

Yes we are still short of an aggressive back rower and a prop who the opposition fears. If we can get those two roles filled the others that are already there will be better players for it.
    That LG - Passi combo looks good if they can maintain it next year.

Watching Gallen undermine the Sharks yesterday so much reminded me of Bird choking our attack. I hope Henry has the gonads to tell him to play for the team or play elsewhere.
    Last edited by Titanic; 07-09-15 at 07:53 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I think that's a little harsh, 3 of them had their first season of NRL this year. Willing to give Paasi and Peteru more time to prove themselves as they have shown me enough this year to have a little faith in them. Burr needs to find something and fast because right now his defence and error count is excessive. Petty goes alright but you know what you're gonna get..
    I agree with you HS. My point moreso was that with that collective of those 4 in the team at the same time we would struggle. Individually one or two might work if we had some class to go with them.