Default Nathan Friend Player Discussion

Nathan Friend Player Discussion
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NRL: Kiwi life has left its mark
    http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/

Leaving New Zealand after four years will be difficult for departing Warriors hooker Nathan Friend, but the way of life he has become accustomed to will stick with him and his young family.

With just two games left in the season, and his wife and children already back across the Tasman, the end is well and truly nigh.

As much as the 34-year-old has embraced Auckland life, he is eager to get his "Kiwi kids" integrated in Australia, as he prepares to rejoin his former club the Gold Coast Titans for 2016.

"The wife and the boys are over in Aus. I took them back last Sunday, so the reality is starting to hit home," said Friend.

"My family were very settled so I'm very thankful and happy to have spent my time over here. It's made it that much better for us.

"Having two boys and bringing them up here has been great. Now they're full-on Kiwis, so I've got to get them back to Australia and teach them the anthem."

Six straight defeats has soured things recently, and Friend can't hide his disappointment and frustrations at another failed Warriors campaign, but there is plenty about the club that has impacted on him in positive ways.

Arriving here in 2012 after stints with the Broncos, Storm and Titans, the 219 NRL game veteran says the club's cultural diversity has opened his eyes to a different side of life.

"It's just a cultural thing, to experience how Polynesians attack life in general, and how they're up-beat all the time. It's how life should be," he said.

"Sometimes we get a bit too depressed about life and there's a lot more people worse off than us, that's how I see things.

"To view the boys and be around them 24-7 keeps your spirits high, and that's one of the many things that myself and the family have experienced over here.

"That's the best thing about league, you get the opportunity to see a different country and meet new people and form great friendships. That's what I've got and what I'll take away."

Friend laments a lost season, spoiled largely by injuries to key players, but believes the hard times will benefit the Warriors' emerging players in years to come.

"When we had the same team on board for about four or five weeks you saw the cohesion was pretty good and everything we tried to do during the off-season was working.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

can u make some threads for say- chris mqueen, dave shillington, zeb tia ect