Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Geeman View Post
    Not sure why Hoffman went for the ankle tap, he had him covered for speed...
    he did his groin a lil earlier to that.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

YES!!! Gutsy effort by the boys, hopefully that gets us clear of the spoon
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Well done Passi for Man of the Match. Though I tend to think it should've went to Nate Myles, He really looked the part in the grandstand.

On a serious note. It was good to see the lads dig deep to muster up a thrilling win. We'd be pretty deadly if we got half the errors out of our game.
    Last edited by Toads; 30-08-15 at 06:09 PM.

Rep Player

Gutsy effort! Our silly mistakes threatened to derail us again but we hung in there and really muscled up to get the win. Elgey was great and dare I say it mortimers kicking game was brilliant

Double post..

What a win.

Looked like fun at the ground.

Dragons are cannon fodder in the finals
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

WOW great win and another at home which is good as well. The guys have shown a lot of spirit and effort the last few weeks especially since we had no bench for the second half.

-Paasi had his best game ever in Titans colours and a well deserved man of the match. Never really rated him as a backrower but he was so dominant tonight and was solid in defence. If he gets fitter (looks really knackered after big work load periods) then we might have found our backrower.

-Elgey once again showed so much class and skill. I'm a lot more confident with him as our main half next year after seeing his last few weeks without Sezer. Great young player.

-Big Dave Taylor once again proving he is so unpredictable. Had an absolute blinder and if he played like that more often, we wouldn't have released him. At least he gave himself a good farewell in Titans colours. Thanks Dave for all the good times and unfortunate that he doesn't play like that all the time. He has the skill.

-Morts deserves a big wrap. We have all given him rubbish over the years but he played pretty solid tonight. A few good kicks, put Dave through holes and was once again solid in defence.

-Know I'm being critical but I have to say that Roberts just needs to learn to be smarter. This will come with experience but for all his outstanding efforts he comes up with some ordinary plays in return. Also needs to get fitter but the guy is our leading try scorer for the year so I can't complain too much.

-Congrats to Mr Never Give Up, Meady. Good to see him bag two tries after an 11 game drought. Always gives 110%.

Anyway, just great to get the two points at home. Hopefully either the Tigers or Knights will lose next week (or both).
    #iwillneverwalkaway

before we say anything...we finished that game with NO ONE on the bench, and how many games of rep experience sitting out...our depth has maybe never been better and the guys showed heart to keep in it and steal the game.

and the way we played in the second half was great to watch. can look reckless but it tests the opposition. If we can tighten up the defense...our shootout style of play will shock a few teams. that long ball from Jimmy to LG across the line to LG who got it to Paasi was a great passage.

they say that statistically 4 tries is enough to win most games...whenever LG is playing we are good chance to get our 4 tries. if ATay can add some more kicking and finesse / structure it wont be attack that holds us back.

good exciting finish...but no matter the result i was already so happy with Paasi. He ran awesome lines out wide, was face palming and bumping blokes off. made huge metres. if he did some off season fitness he could really do damage out there. looked a different player to recent times, and i already liked him then. was a breakout effort, and he probably suprised himself.

Morts and Taylor, both much maligned, played really well. Taylor played like last year and Morts spread the ball well and kicked much better.

Peteru was strong, Mead was great and did LG position himself in pole position as our goal kicker for 2016? If Roberts doesnt start i think so. should train his butt of with Sezer while he is still here. learn from almost the best current kicker while you can.

lastly... what sort of comp can you win 47% and make the finals, and win 40% and be in contention for last. thats incredible. we will now finish probably 12th though....with 5 minutes left in that match we were almost certain for spoon. WTF that hurts my head. all four teams below us need to lose so that would be unlikley.

and we will finish 2 wins outside the 8. When you think Tigers and Sharks pipped us by one, knights stole one from us, Burr dropped one over the line to go to extra time in a match... and add on top the injuries, the coca cola scandal, the DCE and Myles bullchit, NRL taking over...thats farking amazing.

what is the excuse for the teams below us dealing with hardly any of that crap.

Great win by the boys, was good to see some heart at the end.
    Dragons gone first week of the finals
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

i guess we will be inviting the old boys back again? inspiration much?

i think we need to pencil paasi into that left edge for next year, So James moves back in, or one of them can play right.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 30-08-15 at 06:26 PM.

Great post DB and you nailed it 100%. No other club has put up with as much crap as us this season and we still don't end up finishing last (is there a chance still? Hope not). Hopefully at least once in our history we will have a smooth year

UP THE TITANS!
    #iwillneverwalkaway

yeah there is a wooden spoon play off next week - 15th place penrith and 16th placed newcastle play off, so no matter what we do, we will be off the bottom and getting down to bureigh Town Tavern for MadMonday....or was it TreeTops tavern? someone shoot me a text.

edit: just had a better look. panthers hadnt played yet so that changes things. if they win ill do a re calculation, but even then it would need all teams below us to beat higher ranked opponents.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 30-08-15 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i guess we will be inviting the old boys back again? inspiration much?

i think we need to pencil paasi into that left edge for next year, So James moves back in, or one of them can play right.
    Old boys should happen every year, and it's a disgrace no one in the club did it earlier.

Top win with players falling injured left, right and centre.

For shame all those in the nrl tipping comp who didn't tip our team!

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Old boys should happen every year, and it's a disgrace no one in the club did it earlier.

Top win with players falling injured left, right and centre.

For shame all those in the nrl tipping comp who didn't tip our team!
    i think it will be, and i was also glad to see many many old players form a tunnel for the team to run through. i thought it was only going to be small from the paper article. was really stoked to see so many. i think they need to drum it up more next year and really promote it.