Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hoffman- Solid at FB
    Mead- Solid as always
    Roberts- Didn't get much ball so can't really say, a couple of poor defensive reads but no worries.
    Nene- Awesome!! Great game from him, when he runs straight, he's be one of the hardest to tackle
    KFFL- Awesome, I'd say re-sign him, performing really well and finishing really well.
    DT- a couple of big runs but not much more
    LG-Outstanding. He was the difference today imo, player of the future and will push claims for ROTY
    Dougie- solid but a couple of stupid dropped balls
    Morts- Always give 100%. Saved a potential Croker trying if he didn't pressure him, not a halve but an ok hooker
    Myles- eh
    James- stupid tackle on Williams, a couple of bad drop balls but he was allright
    Iggy- wasn't bad at all, still not sold on him being on the edge but he was very good imo
    Birdy- gutting injury for him

Falloon- just no
    Whitey- so close for that elusive try, worked hard
    Eddy- Strong as always, never lets anyone down.
    Nathaniel- very good I thought. I think he may have lost a couple of KGS, worked hard when he was on.

I agree Canberra didn't play well, but i think there is a lot there we can build off.

Elgey is class, and will only improve with experience. That 40-20 kick was exceptional. McDonald looks a real weapon. Defence needs to improve (as does Roberts') but i think we have the makings of 2 dangerous centres. Mead and Hoffman can interchange at fullback and winger. Maybe Brian Kelly comes in on the other wing next season.

Front row rotation of Douglas, Shillington, James, Pettybourne and Paasi is adequate. James and Paasi need to play in tight, not out wide in my opinion. Watched Shillington today. He made a couple of errors, but cant deny his athleticism and motor for a big man. Dont think we will lose much, if anything with how Myles has played last couple of years.

I think if we are light on anywhere it is backrowers. Burr hasn't shown a lot. Would love to get Teo back in the nrl. Not sure if there are any other obvious options.

If Taylor or Tyrone Roberts are servicable it is not all doom and gloom next year. Think we have the makings of a young, quick, dangerous backline.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 23-08-15 at 04:27 PM.

If LG doesnt play we dont win. Took the game away from raiders before they even got into it. or would have if we could kick a farkin goal.

LG showed class with short kick for try assist, long kick for 40/20 (it went right to the 10 metre)., short pass for Nene and long ball for KFFL... thats showing a variety of skills when they are required.

If he and Sezer werent injured so much i think we play finals ( that would NOT have been good for our long term development though), and if he could have played 20 games would probably be a lock for Rookie of the year. i perosnally think he is, but Jack Bird has done quite a bit for Sharks as have a few others that played more games...no matter who wins i would take LG over any of them.

Nene was great second half, and KFFL was pretty good all day.

Falloon, blow me down, was really good early.

most others were meh, and morts / myles were sub-meh

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Honetly if you don't have anything good to say about this team or the club, I'm sure the majority would agree with me that you should just piss off. A bit of banter is all well and good but you literally just come on here to complain and be negative about everything. The boys just won at home by 16 points despite being underdogs, and our rookie halfback played outstanding. Lighten up champ
    who needs to lighten up with comments like "piss off".

Stfu
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Bludger of a game to watch but good win none the less.
    LG is a future superstar, hope he keeps it up. McDonald had a pretty good game, Morts is like rocks and diamonds pity more rocks show through. Meady should be our fulltime FB next year. Dark had a good run aswell.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Wow elgey is all class. Future superstar for sure.
    As good as fai fai loa has been playing, i wouldnt re sign him unless we get rid of gordon so theres more of a pathway for gl and kelly

Great confidence booster for the likes of LG and Peteru. I liked the way Henry injected Peteru into the game. After watching the first 15 mins of the NZ v Cowboys game last night I was thinking that the whole having an U20's playmaker isn't so bad for next year. LG took control and never looked back. Taylor aimed up. Felt so sorry for Birdy, no idea if it made it on TV but heading down the tunnel he was very upset and punched a door. He loves the game and the team.

OK here it comes....given the amount of errors and penalties (basically Nate Myles was back) watching from my seats.....damn it I'll just say it, Mortimer wasn't as bad as what I'm reading on here. I've seen him play some absolute shockers but he wasn't shocking tonight, sure he isn't MOM or getting any Dally M points but I thought he was decent.

Paasi is still tiring quickly on the left edge and given he is playing alongside LG and Nene it's not an area we can afford to have a tired defender.

Anyway, great win, gets off the bottom and was a great result for members appreciation round. Happy times. Oh and the keyrings they handed out are great. It's a Titans helmet like what the mascot wears. Heavy set and doesn't seem cheap and nasty.

'Such was his influence on the result Fox Sports commentator and Dragons great Mark Gasnier said that he genuinely believes Elgey "is definitely a player you could build a team around".'
    I gotta agree with gasnier there

Great result!! My preseason bet means it's more important to me than most. Outstanding!! I listened to the game driving home from Brisbane and the ABC commentator described the game as a "Molotov cocktail of horrible Rugby League". There's a few games we've been in this year that probably fit that description.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Great confidence booster for the likes of LG and Peteru. I liked the way Henry injected Peteru into the game. After watching the first 15 mins of the NZ v Cowboys game last night I was thinking that the whole having an U20's playmaker isn't so bad for next year. LG took control and never looked back. Taylor aimed up. Felt so sorry for Birdy, no idea if it made it on TV but heading down the tunnel he was very upset and punched a door. He loves the game and the team.

OK here it comes....given the amount of errors and penalties (basically Nate Myles was back) watching from my seats.....damn it I'll just say it, Mortimer wasn't as bad as what I'm reading on here. I've seen him play some absolute shockers but he wasn't shocking tonight, sure he isn't MOM or getting any Dally M points but I thought he was decent.

Paasi is still tiring quickly on the left edge and given he is playing alongside LG and Nene it's not an area we can afford to have a tired defender.

Anyway, great win, gets off the bottom and was a great result for members appreciation round. Happy times. Oh and the keyrings they handed out are great. It's a Titans helmet like what the mascot wears. Heavy set and doesn't seem cheap and nasty.
    He wasnt as bad as last couple of times in the halves, but i think he was closer to bad than good. how many short kicks went into raiders hands, and at least two went to them on the full from three metres.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    He wasnt as bad as last couple of times in the halves, but i think he was closer to bad than good. how many short kicks went into raiders hands, and at least two went to them on the full from three metres.
    The fact he got to a kick is the positive.

I look at Austin and he's supposedly an future Blues half. He was terrible too. He didn't even try and get involved in the game. I should know, he's in my supercoach team!!!!!

Oh and I forgot, Hoffman passed....and it was good. He should try it more often!
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 23-08-15 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

I'll take the win. Despite the forwards turning it over frequently and our completion rate being 65% LG got us home. I don't think Paasi will make nrl standard but that's for another time. Yeah Myles was a shocker in attack but gee he made some decent tackles at important times.
    Right about the keyrings, heavy solid little mothers.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 23-08-15 at 08:16 PM.

LG went out there today, demanded the ball and played his game with full confidence. His long passing game is an absolute weapon and he brings so much variety. Didn't know he had that 40/20 in him but it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm a big fan of Paasi..as a prop. And so was everyone else when he was playing there at the start of the year. He's not a back rower because he lacks the instinct to defend there but I wouldn't say he's not NRL standard..he's a young front rower who I think can have a decent future with us. Peteru had some really good carries today too. I like him in the 17 and like someone mentioned, Neil used him well.

Nene was busting them open at will today..scary what he can do. If he had a bit more toe he would have bagged another 2 tries.

Ugly game but had me buzzing seeing LG dominate and lead us to a win.

Plus Manly lost to Parra so that's almost equally as satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm a big fan of Paasi..as a prop. And so was everyone else when he was playing there at the start of the year. He's not a back rower because he lacks the instinct to defend there but I wouldn't say he's not NRL standard..he's a young front rower who I think can have a decent future with us. Ugly game but had me buzzing seeing LG dominate and lead us to a win.
    Fair point re Paasi and it may be the fact he has been in the second row as you say. Certainly in the last few weeks he has been badly stood up and caught out in defence. Dropped a couple also at bad times today but he had many mates in that regard. I still have my doubts about him but next year will be his make or break.

What a rubbish game but the two big things to take from the game is LG is a future Rock Star & I'm happy for him to take control of the team next season at 6 & as our goal kicker , the other is Nene Macdonald he will be fantastic with a full pre season under his belt & hopefully we have a new centre partner for him next year when Jimmy gets his shot at Fullback
    #itaintweaktospeak