Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Great post. If this is Ghost Protocol then I should change my name to Rogue Nation.

great reports guys.

most of the stuff mentioned is sort of the way ive always thought of Henry, Friz and GA...The vibe they give in the media is one of an assured, patient ambition to get us right. Fixing stadium deals, facility deals, long term contracts, sponsors...all takes time. and they are getting there.

I love that this event might have helped some people on this forum and in the greater fan base to see through their own frustration for a moment and realise the plans and ideas of our management team. the more people that see and believe the future, the better.

Thansk for the report fellas.

For me it is all talk, we will wait and see how it pans out over the next year or so, when i see actions it will mean something.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Yes Smakked, smooth talking responses and a wishy-washy strategic plan like this one haven't changed my attitude one iota ... after all these years the proof must be in the pudding.

Perhaps that sounds negative, in fact I'm not really but I am not prepared to get reamed again ... walk the walk Titans, that's all that matters.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yes Smakked, smooth talking responses and a wishy-washy strategic plan like this one haven't changed my attitude one iota ... after all these years the proof must be in the pudding.

Perhaps that sounds negative, in fact I'm not really but I am not prepared to get reamed again ... walk the walk Titans, that's all that matters.
    Spot on Titanic. Not negative at all in my book and it's all about results. Expecting results is better than blind faith.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 21-08-15 at 07:43 PM.

The proof is in the pudding. Just about one of my favourite sayings to live by.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

i get what your saying titanic, but from the reports of people there it was the opposite of smooth talk...it was more realistic and pragmatic and that's why the guys who went and listened were pretty happy with it. absolutely they have to walk the walk, but its nothing like blind faith. expecting results from Carty was blind faith.

Henry has - moved Zillman from FB, Dropped Gordon repeatedly, dropped Taylor and more recently Myles. he has been bringing form back into the selection criteria which was almost never the case. not perfect still..but a dam sight better. and not to mention letting some 'names' leave also. missing DCE and maybe hodko hurts and looks bad on recruitment front though.

GA and Frizelle (and board i guess) made a big call to let one end of ground be closed and are fighting the fight with Stadiums QLD, and also held firm and didnt get bent over and take a piss weak sponsorship to appease fans / outsiders. waited it out and got a great deal by the sound of it. seems to be a good training facility deal almost sealed.

With those things happening, i don't think it could be called blind faith as there is some indication in important areas that things are progressing.
    Maybe it requires a bit of patience and trust...but its not like they have shown ZERO to warrant us not giving some trust that things can improve.

I came away with a much better attitude toward what the club is doing and has done. I think it's something the club lacks in is actually tooting it's own horn. Granted they can't very well come out to members and say hey guys we are 90% there with the parkwood deal but things like setting new benchmarks for the NRL in certain off field runnings of the business should be touted to the members more regularly.

One of the problems I repeatedly bring up is sometimes there are articles in the local paper or on SeaFm. Number 1, no one reads a paper anymore, it was yesterday's news and 2 SeaFm is rated third amongst the big three stations on the coast. The audience needs to be bigger.

Anyway, like some of you said, talk is talk and the proof is in the pudding but I think with what was said on the night, off the field seems to going far better than the results we are seeing on the field. Once the back of house gets sorted out then we should start to see the results on the field. Unfortunately it's also looking like it won't be flowing through till late next year. But as far as the club is concerned things look good. As far as the on field results go we still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i get what your saying titanic, but from the reports of people there it was the opposite of smooth talk...it was more realistic and pragmatic and that's why the guys who went and listened were pretty happy with it. absolutely they have to walk the walk, but its nothing like blind faith. expecting results from Carty was blind faith.

Henry has - moved Zillman from FB, Dropped Gordon repeatedly, dropped Taylor and more recently Myles. he has been bringing form back into the selection criteria which was almost never the case. not perfect still..but a dam sight better. and not to mention letting some 'names' leave also. missing DCE and maybe hodko hurts and looks bad on recruitment front though.

GA and Frizelle (and board i guess) made a big call to let one end of ground be closed and are fighting the fight with Stadiums QLD, and also held firm and didnt get bent over and take a piss weak sponsorship to appease fans / outsiders. waited it out and got a great deal by the sound of it. seems to be a good training facility deal almost sealed.

With those things happening, i don't think it could be called blind faith as there is some indication in important areas that things are progressing.
    Maybe it requires a bit of patience and trust...but its not like they have shown ZERO to warrant us not giving some trust that things can improve.
    I agree with just about all of that DB, particularly the off field stuff. Some of it is taking too long for my liking however I believe Rebecca F is an excellent Chairperson and great to have in our corner.

On field is where my concern is as we simply cannot sustain the same finishing position for any longer. I think the summary from the guys about not getting into a bidding war for Hodko is fair enough and was explained well. Obviously missing DCE is where my frustration started and the time it took to react on the signings front (and as far as I am concerned our signings on the whole have been average, AT excepted). I have a lot of time for Henry so I'm happy trust him and it's his neck on the line.

Of course things take time and most recognise that but unfortunately to 99% of people it's only the score that matters.

Junior

But why shell out hundreds of dollars to sit through another season of loss, frustration and embarrassment? I admit I probably still will, but that's because I have a screw loose in my head and have loved the Titans ever since I saw Preston Campbell in action. But that's not rational. If we can't expect to be making the finals until 2018, why not just go on a membership hiatus until then? This is a sport, not some masochistic religion, after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Titan View Post
    But why shell out hundreds of dollars to sit through another season of loss, frustration and embarrassment? I admit I probably still will, but that's because I have a screw loose in my head and have loved the Titans ever since I saw Preston Campbell in action. But that's not rational. If we can't expect to be making the finals until 2018, why not just go on a membership hiatus until then? This is a sport, not some masochistic religion, after all...
    Haha I think we all have a few screws loose.

I think while a lot stands in our way, we do have a clear path towards recruitment and rebuilding off the field compared to 12 months ago.

But not everyone is like us (We are diehard fans) and we have to be competitive for people's money and time.

But of course we have no time for rubbish either. But I think the NRL takeover is a huge plus in 2015. But we just dont have the troops on the field.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think the club is going to struggle like never before to attract members for next year. Some people are looking at downgrading full memberships to 4 game memberships, others not renewing at all. The club has made a rod for it's own back this year with all the "deals" that were offered that were better than membership prices. This may turn many off renewing and may have them waiting for the specials. I think the possibility of a "leagues club" type set up at Parkwood will help and a reciprocal membership with the golf club may go a long way but none of that is confirmed nor ready for next season.

For me personally, I've got a teenage daughter and a son about to become a teenager so these are the final times we will have family times together before they don't want to be seen with their parents and vice versa. That's worth the price of admission and if I wasn't stressing over the Titans playing poorly I'd probably just start worrying about bills.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    For me personally, I've got a teenage daughter and a son about to become a teenager so these are the final times we will have family times together before they don't want to be seen with their parents and vice versa. That's worth the price of admission and if I wasn't stressing over the Titans playing poorly I'd probably just start worrying about bills.
    Well said.

You are right about the deals. But I guess it was sink or swim time for the Titans. But we can't keep doing it. We have discounted left right and centre.

I'll be upgrading my membership in 2016 though.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well said.

You are right about the deals. But I guess it was sink or swim time for the Titans. But we can't keep doing it. We have discounted left right and centre.

I'll be upgrading my membership in 2016 though.
    Frankly i didn't have a problem with deals as I would rather they do what they have to do to get people there but I take JB's point. I also have teens who love their footy and it's also a family thing with me although the kids are getting sick of not just lising but the way we lose. I keep thinking of downgrading but i want to support the titans and nrl on the coast so will probably weaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Frankly i didn't have a problem with deals as I would rather they do what they have to do to get people there but I take JB's point. I also have teens who love their footy and it's also a family thing with me although the kids are getting sick of not just lising but the way we lose. I keep thinking of downgrading but i want to support the titans and nrl on the coast so will probably weaken.
    I'm hoping they offer another upgrade at the pop up party next year. I've moved from behind the sticks to the middle of the field on upgrades the last two years. Hopefully next year I can get western side on a free upgrade.