Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Gold Coast Titans Member Forum 18/08/2015

Where: Eden Room at Parkwood International Golf Club, 76-122 Napper Rd Parkwood

When: Tuesday the 18th of August from 6 – 7.30pm

On the panel to answer your questions will be Titans Chairman Rebecca Frizelle, CEO Graham Annesley and Head Coach Neil Henry.

We encourage you to come along and ask any questions you may have about the direction your club is headed in under the leadership of these impressive individuals.

While all question types are welcome, we respectfully request that they are asked in the spirit that this session is intended – of inclusion and transparency – to ensure the most constructive outcome for the club.

I can't make it there, but geez I wish I could...

They should run a Skype session to let away members ask questions. Here are a few that I would like answered;

*Graham Annesley, in the spirit of transparency; I would like to know if your contract with our club has performance indicators and/or targets built in, and if so a) what are they, and b) are you meeting them? If you find this question too pointed; can you at least give us an honest appraisal of your own performance during your term as CEO, and sate some specific strategies you intend on implementing to address key issues facing our club such as; dwindling crowds, poor team culture and performance.

*Neil Henry, your current contract ends at the end of 2017 correct? Where do you feel the team should be on the ladder at the end of next year, so as to indicate our performance is in line with your own vision and plan for the club moving forward.

*Rebecca Frizelle, I believe there is a very clear lack of leadership being demonstrated in the strategic development of this club. What is the current state of the board? Would you say progress towards expanding to a full 8 person board has stalled? If yes, why? If no, can you please elaborate on what steps have/are being taken towards increasing the share of power in the running of the club.

*Neil Henry - We are a club in development. The phrase 're-build' has been used by members, fans, media, yourself and the wider rugby league community to describe the Titan's 2015 season, and moving forward - the near future of the club. I think fans are generally willing to swallow this IF actual progress can be quantified. Assuming you have a plan moving forward - which areas of our on field performance specifically (e.g. reducing errors / penalties, general fitness, individual player up-skilling, attacking/defensive structures, kick-chase, game-planning oppositions e.t.c.) would you expect noticeable improvement on in 2016 and which of these (if any) do you consider yourself and your fellow coaching staff personally accountable for.

*Neil Henry & Graham Annesely; What is the current state of our recently vacated recruitment role and when might we expect news on this front? Has the prospect of a dedicated Halves Coach to guide our brilliant young prospects in Kane Elgey, Ash Taylor been discussed? If not, are there any plans to extend our player development ranks for 2016 and beyond?

I could keep going, but I know this is utterly pointless... as usual.

I'm pretty sure I'd be the lunatic that get's ejected from this con-job of a fans forum any way. I'd try really hard to keep my questions 'in the right spirit' ... but I'd end up cursing in frustration, and throwing a shoe at our CEO while being hauled out by Parkwood staff ...

I know my views probably aren't shared by too many people in our supporter base, or on this forum ... but either way, I really really hope somebody here from the forum goes to the night and asks some real questions.

If anyone does indeed go - Please try and get a sound recording on your phone of the Q&A to share here on the forum - I will happily provide tech assistance to any of you old blokes if 'know-how' is the only obstacle for you doing this

/rant

Some great questions you have raised there K2G and hopefully you wont be classed as negative. You have raised many points in long questions which all are valid and I would at least like a recording of the meeting taken and posted so we can see how it went.
    You could also put these questions in writing to Rebecca as I did on one occasion last year which she followed up with a very constructive phone call.

The most poignant question posed above is, is anybody actually going who can represent the Forum? Or at least present questions offered on here? If so, then I'll spend some time to back-up K2G's list as well and I suggest all of you should do too.

I do point out though, that anger doesn't win this type of affair. If they are serious they will take notes, go back to their cubby-holes, work through them all and then publish their plans to address their findings. Or if they are not serious, they'll just throw them in the bin, go to the pub and have a good laugh ... whichever way, anger just gets a heart-attack.

Again the key point is, who can represent us?
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-08-15 at 01:30 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Agree titanic, I think we need a voice at the Members forum from someone representing the League of Titans Forum

After the effort against the Dog's they may want to reconsider giving an open mic to anyone. Then again, they won't have the problem of having too many members turning up cause no one gives two sh!ts anymore.

Yeh i cannot see many turning up, maybe a handful if that
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Wish I could have made this but I've returned to HK. I hope we can get one or many voices representing our views.

I'm sure we will.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I think there is a lack of volunteers to represent as no one wants to be the gun to fire other peoples bullets. I'm trying to make the time to attend but it'll depend on "the kid" factor. Wifey will have to step up.

It's not about firing bullets, it's about asking reasonable questions ... I have several if someone will present them; email does nothing for me because who knows how far they go no matter what the reply.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So what are the questions we want to agree upon? If there is limited time for each person, what is the best question/s to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It's not about firing bullets, it's about asking reasonable questions ... I have several if someone will present them; email does nothing for me because who knows how far they go no matter what the reply.
    OK....I have left it a bit late but I will be attending. I will not represent the forum as such but if anyone has any questions please post them here by 5:15pm...... I will print them off and read them out. I will also endeavour to remember the answers.

I'm sure others attending that are members here will remember the answers even if I don't. Sorry about the short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    OK....I have left it a bit late but I will be attending. I will not represent the forum as such but if anyone has any questions please post them here by 5:15pm...... I will print them off and read them out. I will also endeavour to remember the answers.

I'm sure others attending that are members here will remember the answers even if I don't. Sorry about the short notice.
    When are we going to win a Premiership ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Hope you registered as they are at capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hope you registered as they are at capacity.

They should have put a limit to how many Legion supporters are allowed to attend as most believe it's a beautiful world & we should live the players & coach no matter how they perform
    #itaintweaktospeak