Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm hoping they offer another upgrade at the pop up party next year. I've moved from behind the sticks to the middle of the field on upgrades the last two years. Hopefully next year I can get western side on a free upgrade.
    Do you like sitting in the middle of the field compared to behind the sticks? Big improvement?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Do you like sitting in the middle of the field compared to behind the sticks? Big improvement?
    Huge improvement. We are in row 13 so we are close enough but still under cover if there is rain falling straight down. Great view of the entire field. We have friends that sit on the western side but are on the try line for the same money. We sat with them once but you can't see what's going on up the other end of the field.

First Grader

I attended the night as well but haven't posted anything as i left for interstate the next morning.

There were many positives from the information that came out of the meeting and those have been documented previously.

One of the aspects not previously mentioned is the intentional reconnection with the community by the Board. This meeting I see as a start in demonstrating their commitment to reconnect.

I was highly impressed with Rebecca and Graham and we should give them the necessary time to change the club around which was clearly a basket case under the previous regime in terms of financial, planning, on-field and organisational accountability. Whilst we would like quick runs on the board, the way the current Board is operating in terms of ensuring optimum long term outcomes will ensure the club's long term success. This is evident by the fact that:
    . they didn't rush in signing a major sponsor and now have one of the richest in the league,
    . they haven't rushed to fill Board Director's roles ensuring they get the right skillset mix to optimise expertise, and
    . the fact that they are prepared to negotiate hard on the stadium and Parkwood. (I think the Parkwood scenario will be sensational for the club and its supporters)

It will also take some time for Neil to change the playing roster and it should be remembered he has been dealt with some major road blocks this year particularly the cocaine and DCE issues which has adversely impacted on the team performance. I believe he will be the right man to take the titans forward but I suspect he is hampered with some of the quality of his off field assistants.

All in all, the night was positive and whilst we should continue to ask the hard questions, we should also give some time to the new Board and the club to deliver which I am sure they are definitely heading in the right direction.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 24-08-15 at 04:56 PM.