Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Scrap the club and start fresh in Ipswich
    Worked well with the Northern Eagles from memory.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Scrap the club and start fresh in Ipswich
    Read up on facts before jumping on bandwagons. The jets have no money and patronage in the Qcup doesn't even pat the bills. A little bit further the jets sponsorship deals are at the bottom of the spectrum for $$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1979 View Post
    Read up on facts before jumping on bandwagons. The jets have no money and patronage in the Qcup doesn't even pat the bills. A little bit further the jets sponsorship deals are at the bottom of the spectrum for $$$$$.
    Ok my bad, scrap the club completely and give it to someone else
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Let's put in all in perspective the Broncos came in and the Die hards died. The Cowboys have gone broke twice and survived because of Foxtel.

If the Gold Coast can just find that X factor then they will be fine.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Yankee Doodle Titan, I think i sit near you. Are you on the 50m line (eastern) row 11? I'm row 13.
    That's the area, but I'm up in row 17. (I'm not the one who yells "ya goose!" at all the opposing team's players, though :boo

To be fair, I'm more than willing to put up with a period of rebuilding, but I want to see that the team is trying. I can deal with losses if I feel that the players are giving it their all. But lately it almost looks like they do nothing during the week except pump some iron and post photos on Instagram. "Tackling drills and learning set plays? Meh."

Anyhow, to get back on topic, I'm not upset about any members of the current administration getting sacked or quitting. I'm not quite at the "burn it all down and salt the earth" level as Teke, but I am at a point where any resignation in the current administration makes me reflexively happy.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    My only hope is that Graham Annesley, Neil Henry and co. aren't far behind Jamie en route to the exit.
    Annesley maybe (never was a fan of him) but imo it's unfair to say the same for Henry considering the cards he's been dealt once becoming our full time coach. I personally think there are a few areas of our game that have been better and more exciting since he took over from Cartwright, but there's only so much a coach can do with a team like ours.

As for recruitment - the only recruitment strategy I've seen is - sign players in the hope that they come good under us - and more often than not this doesn't happen. So I guess the bigger question is - why doesn't it happen? It's always seemed to be a thing with us - players come here, they plateau out, we get rid of them - then they play better at other clubs. Lawrence, B Thompson, Rapana, Tagataese (yep, he's playing waaay better footy at the Sharks then he ever did here), and that's only naming a few. All let go only to emerge as much better / groomed players at other clubs.

Maybe David (I think it was) who said the foundation just isn't there, is on the money - well how the hell do we build one?!
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 15-08-15 at 11:25 PM.