Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Storm just need to remind the refs that they are the Storm and when required a penalty for nothing is required to march you down the field.

Then when the ref tells Cronk to "wait a minute" before feeding the scrum, apparently he can feed it whilst the ref is still giving under 7 instructions on how to pack a scrum as Cronk feeds it nearly resulting in a try. These guys are kidding themselves.

Seriously I am a huge fan of Nene but he needs to fix up his defence.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Good to see the team playing off natural ability rather than all set plays
    #itaintweaktospeak

We're looking sharp but need to keep it up. No silly errors or penalties and we need to defend strongly.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Allowing the quick plays has let us down again. I think it's time to change Jiu Jitsu clubs for our wrestling training.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the commentators, "taylor read the play early and went to cover the kick". More likely that the lazy sh!t didn't get off the line in defence and was sitting on the line when it was kicked and managed to stuff it up regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Seriously I am a huge fan of Nene but he needs to fix up his defence.
    That's the coach's job for young blokes.

Good first half and we look so much better without Plodder and the hobbitt.

Hala doesn't look fit but the forwards look willing … how much better will we look with Shillo the Pillow for White?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I love the commentators, "taylor read the play early and went to cover the kick". More likely that the lazy sh!t didn't get off the line in defence and was sitting on the line when it was kicked and managed to stuff it up regardless.
    Yep, he was racing to fill in the huge gap he'd left.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-08-15 at 02:58 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Mate what's your problem with Henry can I ask? He has been handed a scapheap of a club and has done a lot of positive for us. But still a LOT of work to do obviously.

Also, 'Shillo the Pillow' is averaging 115m this year. Definitely an improvement on White and Myles.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Mate, I'm a massive fan of Shillington.

I'm not a fan of Henry's because I don't think he can coach. He can manage a team but always gets caught out when coaching becomes important. In fact, my comment above was in defence of Macdonald not a shot at Henry.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-08-15 at 03:04 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gotta give our goal-line defence a wrap - albeit with a bit of luck, we have handled their horizontal spread really well. They've had 19 tackles in our 20, compared to our 6 in theirs. Plenty to improve on, but credit where credit is due.

.... 3 minutes into the second half, i feel like im going to regret the above comment
    Last edited by K2G; 09-08-15 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mate, I'm a massive fan of Shillington.

I'm not a fan of Henry's because I don't think he can coach. He can manage a team but always gets caught out when coaching becomes important. In fact, my comment above was in defence of Macdonald not a shot at Henry.
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Henry. He turned the Cowboys around from spooners to regular finalists through roster clean out and is trying to do exactly that for us.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Pretty good effort in the first 40 and the Storm would be beaten by most sides today.
    As others have said, Nene's defence is poor and you would hope by reaching NRL level he should have the tackling basics right by now.
    We dodged a few near misses which makes me fear the second half but if we hold them for the first 20 we are a chance.

Well that's not the start we wanted to the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Henry. He turned the Cowboys around from spooners to regular finalists through roster clean out and is trying to do exactly that for us.
    I agree with you re Henry. You have only got to look at our attack improvements to see his influence. Defence is still poor though, but he is generally working with the same under performers from the past. I want to give him a chance to get the roster that he wants.

Mead just had the worst opening 2 minutes of a half in his career. Dropped ball and missed tackle.

Not a good start by the boys.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We dodged a few near misses which makes me fear the second half but if we hold them for the first 20 we are a chance.
    I said the first 20 not 2.