Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spooners ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I would agree that we are much better to watch this year than last. Defence is still a problem but we are much better to watch in attack. I know all sides cop injuries but I think I read that LG and Sezer have played together 7 times this year and we won 4 of those ( I might stand corrected but I think that's right). If you keep winning 4 in every 7 you play finals footy.
    Missing DCE and losing Sezer, I hope doesn't set us back as it's essential we improve quickly and hopefully make the finals next year. Oh for some hard running hard hitting forwards.
    agree 100% and ive said a few times on here. LG and SEzer play the season and we make the 8. defense would still be an issue, and we would still need a few forwards, but those two would have found a way to beat enough of the mid -low teams to get us in.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    agree 100% and ive said a few times on here. LG and SEzer play the season and we make the 8. defense would still be an issue, and we would still need a few forwards, but those two would have found a way to beat enough of the mid -low teams to get us in.
    I think cause we have a vested interest in the team that we see things worse than what they are. You look at the last couple of games for the Cowboys and their defense has been terrible at the start of the game but they are able to turn their lack of defense into possession and attack.

We can keep saying the same things year in and year out but it always comes down injuries for us and we don't have a lot of rep players who play a longer, harder year as opposed to other teams. Perhaps replacing Myles mate, Ferris should become a priority to sign an accomplished conditioning and recovery coach.

The questions remain, How much depth can we afford? How much do we need? What depth does our coach want to use cause this year he has had some players in our top 25 that he won't use over others that WE feel aren't up to standard.

Anyway, yes I think we are playing better footy than last year by a mile. It's a harder comp this year and we are experiencing the remains of a dead dynasty. Will next year be much different? The team on paper would indicate no. But if a few of the behind the scenes problems are resolved then it should flow through.

I was really counting on the Storm to obliterate the Knights. That didn't go to plan...

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

yay we avoided the spoon

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    yay we avoided the spoon
    It was funny driving home from the game yesterday and the kids were going through what needed to happen for us to avoid the spoon. To them avoiding the spoon was like making the 8 such was the excitement. We have had too many of these conversations in the last few years. Let's hope next year we are talking about possible finals opponents.

anyone think that if LG didnt make a late entry to raiders game and play against saints that we would still be short priced to win it?

Dont forget if elgey and/or sezer didnt get injured we would probably be in the 8 considering how close we are already

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Dont forget if elgey and/or sezer didnt get injured we would probably be in the 8 considering how close we are already
    no question. if they play 20 games each we are there. which says as much about the comp as it does us. seriously, as well as we have played some times...there was some rubbish in there, and that cant deserve finals. Id rather miss, let the pain sting a little longer and really make a charge at it.

After that great win on Sunday, we look to be safe from the dreaded spoon. Thank god! Well done team!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

After the fantastic example of all things rugby league aka Penriff Panfers choked on their lollies, we do not have to even contemplate the dreaded and much-discussed 'spoon ... congratulations, the worst we can finish is 15th - what a remarkable result ... not
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    After the fantastic example of all things rugby league aka Penriff Panfers choked on their lollies, we do not have to even contemplate the dreaded and much-discussed 'spoon ... congratulations, the worst we can finish is 15th - what a remarkable result ... not
    and the best we can finish is equal 9th

our odds have come in from $6.50 to an outrageous $3.25 to beat cowboys. they might as well call us favourites.

and the best thing for us is the LG - in, Myles - out situation. that works in our favour massively.

if we can find out that Manly and Dragons have rorted the cap before next sunday we might even get to play finals...

I have to say that Elgey has awakened my interest in rugby league. He's the type of player that you always wished was in your team and not with the opposition. He's surprisingly hardy for a little bloke and will attract large numbers of fans once they work out what he can do. If the Taylor lad is half of Elgey then we have players to build a team around.

My one really big hope for the game against the Cows is that when one of their guys hits Elgey even slightly late then 12 others of ours square it up instantly and hang the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I have to say that Elgey has awakened my interest in rugby league. He's the type of player that you always wished was in your team and not with the opposition. He's surprisingly hardy for a little bloke and will attract large numbers of fans once they work out what he can do. If the Taylor lad is half of Elgey then we have players to build a team around.

My one really big hope for the game against the Cows is that when one of their guys hits Elgey even slightly late then 12 others of ours square it up instantly and hang the consequences.
    preferably one of the 15 not with us next year! get suspended for 8 weeks and serve it in super league, if they even uphold NRL bans.

but yeah mate. LG has old school class and and for every flash highlight or fancy pass, there is a subtle touch here or there to really engage the purists and show is the real deal

and the best we can finish is equal 9th

our odds have come in from $6.50 to an outrageous $3.25 to beat cowboys. they might as well call us favourites.

and the best thing for us is the LG - in, Myles - out situation. that works in our favour massively.

if we can find out that Manly and Dragons have rorted the cap before next sunday we might even get to play finals...
    lololol
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Both rorted their fans last weekend.